So, I have this question in my head long time ago - what thing makes silkroad server popular? or which thing makes people to join certain server?
I've been thinging about it, looking at different servers and I still have no idea.
I think best example would be , it has best updates with no doubt, also their website is easy to navigate and good looking too, and ****, everybody knows Synx (no asslicking). But why they can't reach at last 200 players?? I really don't understand that.
Now lets take other server, for example (I'm not saying its bad, didn't tested it), I believe most of users who came to their website wouldn't want to come back there again, because well... It's really doesn't look very well, I can't tell about their server ingame, because I didn't tested it, but in my opinion most important is first look. So I really want to know what others thing about it. Thanks!
But seriously, low rates, professional team, not much custom stuff is the key to success.
PS:
free silk and pvp servers have no future.
"Free silk" thingy can have many different ways to give the silk, for example voting and getting silk after some time spent online can count as free silk too.
A new hope pretty much answered your question the best possible way lul.
Take a look at playsro: not to high rates, not so much custom stuff to keep it near isro as possible.
Allowing the most convenient gameplay to people : Botting, Easy-Silk items (NPC-like, event rewards or at least cheap silk), Stable gameplay (No downs), eye-soft website, decent database configuration (No bugs, lags, everything is clear and so on.).
And also, advertisement. Good advertisement.
But why they can't reach at last 200 players?? I really don't understand that.
Myth reached 225 Players before 2 Days. Atm it's hard since Myth gets DDoS Attacks..
Well i guess these things would make a Server popular :
~ A well experienced Owner
~ Community shouldn't be greedy on that Server
~ No Inflations so everyone can afford something
~ No overpowered Donators or Silk Items
~ Glitch free Gameplay
- low/middle rate, like 2-3 weeks to reach max.
- smaller unions to increase activity, to make more guild wars and make it possible to have more than 1 stong union in a server.
-make job activity, iknow that don't is so easy but there must be methods. like having ranks ( that gives power?) 2-3 times a day having "bargain" hour. like giving high benefits doing a trade.
- no sun and moon, only seal of star, so no one goes overpowered.
- hard alchemy
- ctf with pretty good stuff to win
I think having a name is important, for an example, playsro maybe they've got a bad name on epvp but keep in mind that there are more forums/players, playsro is known for a BIG community so if they open a new server it'll reach 1k players within 10 minutes, everyone knows that by now.
That's the thing that attracts players, also the cap plays a role in the story but free silk/custom ***** don't these days
Advertising is also a good thing, if you advertise your server like 1 hour before you open it it's guaranteed to fail
Servers that advertise like 1 month before the opening are a success, for example playsro, or Road of Repose, RoR didn't open it's server, but the amount of accounts registered after they opened the site & the amount of downloads said enough.
You just gotta invest TIME in advertising your server, advertising > edits.
THE MOST POPULAR SERVER ! 01/28/2012 - SRO Private Server - 30 Replies give me your opinion what's the most popular server atm with midle/high rates?
Most popular server atm 08/23/2010 - SRO Private Server - 27 Replies Hi all i am asking you which server you think is the most popular or weather a less populated server you know that has a better community or even the less laggyest (not even a word but u get what i mean lol)
All comments (apart from spam ofc) will be very much appreciated.
When Sunworld makes sro 3 on server ? 03/21/2010 - SRO Private Server - 7 Replies Hey guys
makes can give me an info on when the swsro 3 ? please :)
most popular P server 02/04/2010 - Aion Private Server - 4 Replies what is the most popular aion private server with the most players and the less bugs?
thanks!
What makes your server unique? 01/19/2010 - CO2 Private Server - 62 Replies What makes your server unique.
Post up about the things that makes
your server different from others.
What does your server have wich other dont have.