Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:32

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Useful php code

Discussion on Useful php code within the SRO Private Server forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 3,160
Useful php code

Most kral community ever
#Closed request
Old 12/01/2011, 08:36   #2

elite*gold: 7
Received Thanks: 2,373
i'm not a php coder , but i need to ask u why some guys prefer php script on asp.net script , but as well asp.net more safe & security from php !
Old 12/01/2011, 08:40   #3

asp (.NET)

that's the answer microsoft sux !

"Dim"
Old 12/01/2011, 08:44   #4

without microsoft (no silkroad)
but it sucks anyway i made crack for windows server 2008 from it's rules : ))
but we can't forget without microsoft maybe there wasn't begain for anything
don't forget php is a copy of asp.net , i mean asp.net comes before php from a long time .
Old 12/01/2011, 08:46   #5

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abdelfattah View Post
i'm not a php coder , but i need to ask u why some guys prefer php script on asp.net script , but as well asp.net more safe & security from php !
asp.net is not safer than a decently coded php script, but people preffer php since it can run on a linux webserver, and not a lot of people are interested in paying 500$ for a windows license if you can get something 'better' for free. However this is not the case for most silkroad servers, since they run windows anyway but a better setup would still use linux as your primary webserver, even if you're using mssql as database backend
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/01/2011, 08:46   #6

php is just totally different from asp.net

microsoft sux still

and asp.net is using the same boring way of vb.net or C#
Old 12/01/2011, 11:05   #7

maybe that's right , but if we take an example with the biggest sites in internet ,, elitepvpers uses vBulletin with use php (every version released must got a security issue) and saved it's data on mysql but look at it's speed (for ex for large forums) epvp , it's too too slowly , idk the problem from mysql or php , but asp.net as i learn support the huge number of connection with send and received data , and as we know mssql is 100x speeder than mysql (mysql developed for php) mssql developed for mssql ,,

and the point about asp.net still uses vb.net & C# , i think it's the best idea to let a part of ur website developed in vb.net or C# , it could give u more Methods to code ur website ,

If we are talking about mssql so it's the best even on any (sql server) mysql or any other ..

But if the point is that the windows license is too expensive so people goes to host there website on linux server so they goes to use php and mysql , so why the bigest website (forums or so) some of them uses php and mysql besides is cause many problems to them as slowly of web browse or limit timedout or so ..

If we talk about those all people wich open private sro server , why they don't use asp.net instead of php , as if we Comparison asp.net and php in just speed , asp.net is more helpful ...

well spiders sites as a web search or the bots which view the site for collecting any thing they need , were be developed (coded) in asp.net script & i never heard about php for a web search (spiders) ..

at last i think it's just Ignorance from people , cuz if we think sometimes we found many Strange thing around us as this for example ..

and let me ask what's better asp.net or php?
mssql or mysql ?
microsoft or thos public OS (linux or unix) ?

as i know about linux and unix they are full of security issue and problems cuz they are open source so hackers can have good exp about the content of that system so linux or unix is easily to hacked and we are all know that , as if u say good protection can't be hacked , any protection can be hacked , but windows is a closed source so it's kindly hard to be hacked (put possible) , but if we compare windows and linux or unix in hacking easier so linux and unix will win
as well any website host on linux (forums as i try) were going to be hacked easy as if it's using vBulletin scripts .
if u use linux and host php so u must made more than Encryption for the php script files to protect him self from hacking (happen to vBulletin) as i take vBulletin as example cuz it's the best php forum script as for now ..

as well i can't say anything about that but i'm something sporadic ~!
Old 12/01/2011, 11:14   #8

Quote:
asp and safe?
If you are a basic coder and trying as example, writing an register script.
You will fall down and get hacked very fast.
Old 12/01/2011, 11:14   #9

php mssql windows

please now stay on topic
Old 12/01/2011, 12:16   #10

Received Thanks: 2,010
Quote:
maybe that's right , but if we take an example with the biggest sites in internet ,, elitepvpers uses vBulletin with use php (every version released must got a security issue) and saved it's data on mysql but look at it's speed (for ex for large forums) epvp , it's too too slowly , idk the problem from mysql or php , but asp.net as i learn support the huge number of connection with send and received data , and as we know mssql is 100x speeder than mysql (mysql developed for php) mssql developed for mssql ,,

and the point about asp.net still uses vb.net & C# , i think it's the best idea to let a part of ur website developed in vb.net or C# , it could give u more Methods to code ur website ,

If we are talking about mssql so it's the best even on any (sql server) mysql or any other ..

But if the point is that the windows license is too expensive so people goes to host there website on linux server so they goes to use php and mysql , so why the bigest website (forums or so) some of them uses php and mysql besides is cause many problems to them as slowly of web browse or limit timedout or so ..

If we talk about those all people wich open private sro server , why they don't use asp.net instead of php , as if we Comparison asp.net and php in just speed , asp.net is more helpful ...

well spiders sites as a web search or the bots which view the site for collecting any thing they need , were be developed (coded) in asp.net script & i never heard about php for a web search (spiders) ..

at last i think it's just Ignorance from people , cuz if we think sometimes we found many Strange thing around us as this for example ..

and let me ask what's better asp.net or php?
mssql or mysql ?
microsoft or thos public OS (linux or unix) ?

as i know about linux and unix they are full of security issue and problems cuz they are open source so hackers can have good exp about the content of that system so linux or unix is easily to hacked and we are all know that , as if u say good protection can't be hacked , any protection can be hacked , but windows is a closed source so it's kindly hard to be hacked (put possible) , but if we compare windows and linux or unix in hacking easier so linux and unix will win
as well any website host on linux (forums as i try) were going to be hacked easy as if it's using vBulletin scripts .
if u use linux and host php so u must made more than Encryption for the php script files to protect him self from hacking (happen to vBulletin) as i take vBulletin as example cuz it's the best php forum script as for now ..

as well i can't say anything about that but i'm something sporadic ~!

It is just the opposite, linux and most unix based systems are actually much more secure than windows, just because they are open source makes it easier to find a fix security issues. vbulletin being slow has nothing to do with the programming language it was written in, I would even say that php can be quicker than asp and especially asp.net, but this should only be a couple of percents. Mssql is indeed quicker for most aspects but in the end it costs so much more that you could easily buy a much better servers and scale it better using any other open source db backend (eg mysql, postgre, etc)

There is a reason that the majority of http servers are running linux, and php
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2011, 12:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezekan View Post
It is just the opposite, linux and most unix based systems are actually much more secure than windows, just because they are open source makes it easier to find a fix security issues. vbulletin being slow has nothing to do with the programming language it was written in, I would even say that php can be quicker than asp and especially asp.net, but this should only be a couple of percents. Mssql is indeed quicker for most aspects but in the end it costs so much more that you could easily buy a much better servers and scale it better using any other open source db backend (eg mysql, postgre, etc)

There is a reason that the majority of http servers are running linux, and php
u are right 100% about that people going to choose linux servers with php and mysql cuz it's too cheaper than windows host,
but the rest is like your opinion(point of view) about wich is better and wich is more secure and so ,
i think we need a proof about that (someone test or someone got good or verry good skills in both to tell us with more explain about the code part[Give us example from here and from there])
cuz i find that the Government's sites in most countries were coded in asp.net and using windows as a hosting OS .!
Old 12/01/2011, 12:52   #12

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,198
It just depends on what the dev decided to use. The reason ePvp is slow, maybe because the amount of users active at any given time, and most likely resource issues, not a limitation in the language.
Old 12/01/2011, 13:27   #13

No thing special.
you are using button ...
htacces + regex is best
Old 12/01/2011, 13:39   #14
Chat Killer In Duty

elite*gold: 5
Received Thanks: 6,470
even php can be safe
asp can be injected as php
i dont see the point on why discussing about it
both are cool, and php is an open source engine that is being developed by users while asp is by Microsoft
if i recall Microsoft has been know to have the worst applications gived to users(yeah, ie haters gonna hate)
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/01/2011, 14:45   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThElitEyeS View Post
No thing special.
you are using button ...
htacces + regex is best
you don't know **** i'm not using any buttons that's just proving you dun know anything wtf is regex and htacess doing with form submission

@OTHERS STAY ON TOPIC
Closed Thread