Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Concerns...

Discussion on Concerns... within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Concerns...

I have a few questions and concerns about the upcoming "Massive Bot Ban," that Joymax is having...

Supposedly people keep telling me that if your "sro_client," has ever been modified or has had activity of multi-clients or bots you are going to be banned... and I am concerned now...

Questions:

Is joymax using your "sro_client," to determine whether or not you have used an illegal program?

Can you get banned for using a multi-client just for no disconnect mode on it?

Will almost all botters be eliminated?

If I stop botting now, would it help my chances of not being banned?

When and how long will this bot ban begin/end?

Am I likely to get banned for botting even though I have never replaced the "sro_client," for any bots, always found a way around them?

Those are my biggest concerns... cause I am level 58 right now, trying to recover back to 64 so I can enjoy the game again since my level 70 got hacked and had to restart... and now I started botting yesterday and I only use it during my gold-ticket time... thanks, would mean a lot for your answers and suggestions on how not to get banned or not to be caught.
Old 03/12/2008, 11:37   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by croonerblues View Post
Questions:
Is joymax using your "sro_client," to determine whether or not you have used an illegal program?

Am I likely to get banned for botting even though I have never replaced the "sro_client," for any bots, always found a way around them?

Those are my biggest concerns... cause I am level 58 right now, trying to recover back to 64 so I can enjoy the game again since my level 70 got hacked and had to restart... and now I started botting yesterday and I only use it during my gold-ticket time... thanks, would mean a lot for your answers and suggestions on how not to get banned or not to be caught.
no one really knows what will happen.
- if you care about being banned simply you should not have started to bot
- there is a small chance you will get banned
- previous bans where based on clients, clientless bots all where banned and some modified SRO_client users where also banned bots or not if the client was modified some did get banned (only a few unlucky people)
- a friend of mine was using softmod (the only multiclient available back then)on multiple chars running at the same time and he lost only 1 of the 4chars witch was a staller in hotan and rest of the chars didnt get banned while they botted!

all we can do is wait and see, just find it weird that even goldbots are now buying silk.
Old 03/12/2008, 15:20   #3

Bot

But when I use iSRObot I never download the new client, I always use the original sro_client, and for multi-client I use the C9GH20T30 or w/e one... and that doesn't replace a client...

So am I safe on the lines of the client?
Old 03/12/2008, 18:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by croonerblues View Post
But when I use iSRObot I never download the new client, I always use the original sro_client, and for multi-client I use the C9GH20T30 or w/e one... and that doesn't replace a client...

So am I safe on the lines of the client?
the loader does modify your client someway to prevent the disconnect message and other things.
we simply dont know what joymax will do, it can be totally nothing (clientless bots as usual) or total destruction of bots.

i expect just another goldbot banlist.
Old 03/12/2008, 18:09   #5

goldbot's don't get banned.
They give money to Joymax, enough money.
So they are allowed to bot and farming gold, they are working together with them.
Old 03/12/2008, 18:14   #6

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,990
-No

-No

-What do you mean,eliminated? If banned,only joymax know this.

-No

-Even Joymax cannot give you a correct answer to your question

-Sro_client has nothing to do with botting,original or modified.

All i can say is you're prolly new to this game and you don't know much about Joymax,they usually ban bots without a warning such as this one '"We ask our users to not use bot software ,because they will..."enjoy their life"...permanently!"'
You can expect a big bot ban before they update sro to 90 cap.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2008, 21:45   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvincibleNoOB View Post
-No

-No

-What do you mean,eliminated? If banned,only joymax know this.

-No

-Even Joymax cannot give you a correct answer to your question

-Sro_client has nothing to do with botting,original or modified.

All i can say is you're prolly new to this game and you don't know much about Joymax,they usually ban bots without a warning such as this one '"We ask our users to not use bot software ,because they will..."enjoy their life"...permanently!"'
You can expect a big bot ban before they update sro to 90 cap.
Ok thanks. Helps a ton, but on the lines of being new... thats false. I have been here for like 3 years I think... and I just never botted until I got hacked... so I am just a little concerned right now... cause my friend keeps saying that they are using your SRO_Client to see if it has been edited in any way, and that all botters will be banned...

Last question...

If you buy silk does that stop Joymax from banning you? Cause I heared a rumor that if you buy silk, Joymax will not ban you unless you stop buying for two months... cause than after 2 months you can't do charge-back.
Old 03/13/2008, 10:58   #8

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,990
No,nothing can stop them if they truly want to ban you.
#Closed.
Closed Thread