Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits
You last visited: Today at 04:00

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to run the client 1.210 before the update

Discussion on [Guide] How to run the client 1.210 before the update within the SRO Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 6,289
[Guide] How to run the client 1.210 before the update

For everyone who downloaded the new client and haven't the v1.180 client, there is an easy way for play SRO normally with the newest client before the update. On this guide I will explain step by step how to do it.

- What I need?
  • PK2 Editor by Drew Benton
  • SV.T (who have the data of the SRO Version)
  • Actual SRO_Client v1.205
  • Legend 3 Installer by Rumata
For make it easy to get I did a .rar with these files:

Scan:

-----------------------------------------

1. Installation

As everyone knows, you can't install the client until the day of the update. But oh!, there is a way for do it before the update, is an old program used for install the Legend III client before the update, and changing one thing, you can make this works with that client.
So...
Extract all files of the .rar. Copy the "Legend3Installer.exe" and paste it on where you have the installer (for exemple, if you have the installer on C:/, you must copy the "Legend3Installer.exe" on C:/)
You will have something like that:

Now you must change the name of the installer, and type "SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_150.exe" (without the .exe if you don't see the extension of the files).
Now run the "Legend3Installer.exe", press "Launch", and install the game normally:

Now we installed the last version of SRO! Congratz! ^_^

2. Changing the version of the client

Of course you can't run the new client because the version of it is not recognized by the server, and you will get this error:

How to fix it? Well, is simply, changing the client version to the actual one.
For do it you must import the file SV.T to the Media.pk2 file. This file contains the version data of the client. Extract if from the .rar and import it with the PK2Editor who I added to the .rar. I will not explain how to do it because is simply >_>''

Now we have the new client, working with the actual version of the server. But there's one problem, the sro_client of the installer contains different offsets as the actual one, and if you login in with it you will get the error "Invalid client version".

3. How to fix the "Invalid client version" error

Don't worry, this is the most easiest step. Is obvious, for fix it you must use the actual sro_client. I added it to the .rar. So just extract it on the installation folder and... let's play!!

4. Important things you must know

There are some things you must know. Doing this you are using an updated client on a older server. So some things will not work:
1. You can't buy the new items in item mall, like the "Inventory Expansion item". If you buy it you will get another item, so don't try. =P
2. The Roc Mountain teleport DON'T WORK. Even if in the map you see the "Gate of Ruler" and the icon, you cannot use that teleport, because this doesn't exists on the server.
3. Remember all changes are client-sided. You will see the new glows and these kind of things, but only YOU will see it.
4. For play normally after the update (25 of August) you must reinstall the client.

I'm not sure if the bots will work fine on that client, specialy the SROKing cause this bot get's the data directly from the pk2 files.
I'm not responsable of any ban or damage on your char caused by this guide. For me worked fine and without problems.

Oh and 2 pics showing this works:

All credits go to me (kaperucito), and to the programmers of the respective programs used on this guide.
Enjoy! ^_^
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/20/2009, 18:30   #2

we have ban risk ?
Old 08/20/2009, 18:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagoLera View Post
we have ban risk ?
No because you are using the actual SRO_Client.
Old 08/20/2009, 19:40   #4

Kaperuz0r
Old 08/21/2009, 00:49   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaperucito View Post
No because you are using the actual SRO_Client.
but arent you bypassing or hacking in the Original Client to make it work?

but anyways Great job.

Joymax- Fail
Old 08/21/2009, 01:10   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpie15 View Post
but arent you bypassing or hacking in the Original Client to make it work?

but anyways Great job.

Joymax- Fail
At the end is just a pk2 edit, because you are using original sro_client of the actual version, so is undetectable.
Anyway Joymax doesn't ban anymore.
Old 08/21/2009, 12:11   #7

Received Thanks: 2,615
Quote:
As everyone knows, you can't install the client until the day of the update. But oh!, there is a way for do it before the update, is an old program used for install the Legend III client before the update, and changing one thing, you can make this works with that client.
So...
Extract all files of the .rar. Copy the "Legend3Installer.exe" and paste it on where you have the installer (for exemple, if you have the installer on C:/, you must copy the "Legend3Installer.exe" on C:/)
You will have something like that:

Now you must change the name of the installer, and type "SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_150.exe" (without the .exe if you don't see the extension of the files).
Now run the "Legend3Installer.exe", press "Launch", and install the game normally:

You can use instead of Legend3Installer.exe. It can run SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_210.exe without change name.

password: recyfer.info
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2009, 12:31   #8

does this use the new opcodes? or can you just bot normally.
Old 08/21/2009, 13:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumata View Post
You can use instead of Legend3Installer.exe. It can run SilkroadOnline_GlobalOfficial_v1_210.exe without change name.

password: recyfer.info
Thank you, but seems it's slightly bugged. When I open it on a different folder I get the error "Create Proccess Failed (2)". And when is on the same folder the "Please Wait" doesn't appear on the gray box. Anyway is good have an updated one. Thanks Rumata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsus View Post
does this use the new opcodes? or can you just bot normally.
This is the thirt time I say this. You are using the ACTUAL SRO_Client, the actual SRO_Client (v1.205) doesn't have new OPCodes, it's also explained on the guide. I will not response stupid questions like this again.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2009, 13:23   #10

I dont understand the Pk2Editor how i open the Media Pk2?
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/21/2009, 13:26   #11

Working Great With Me Thank You
Old 08/21/2009, 15:37   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor2604 View Post
I dont understand the Pk2Editor how i open the Media Pk2?
Open the PK2 Editor. Press File<Open, and load the Media.pk2. Then on "Automatic Single File Update" press "Select file", and select the SV.T, import it, close the PK2 Editor, and enjoy.

Quote:
Working Great With Me Thank You
I'm glad to hear this ^^
Old 08/21/2009, 16:28   #13

The new event will start at 08/25/2009. Have fun!

Old 08/21/2009, 16:59   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumata View Post
The new event will start at 08/25/2009. Have fun!

Yep, seems a new event, I found some days ago these things on the pk2

Ali-baba begin text:

Lamp icon?:

Old 08/21/2009, 17:06   #15

Quote:
Lamp icon?:

This lamp is "Fanous" event item.

Quote:
Hello. This is So-Ok

Silkroad has prepared a sparkling event.

Hunt down Seal Guardians and Seal Protectors to collect 39 Protectors' and 1 Guardian's seals. I will grant you gifts. Alright, go on and do your things, have fun.

Just remember that unused Seals would be deleted when the event ends!
Quote:
Hello. This is So-Ok

Silkroad has prepared a sparkling event. I am giving out Fanous to all users visiting me. I will be looking forward to see you soon.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread