ok yea i see my mistake now i have one more question which should be it for me....When you do the part where you fill that whole hotkey area with NOPs what exactly do you have to select to fill it?
This image from the guide shows the bytes to select:
Once you have it all selected, which it'll be gray just like that image shows, you right click somewhere in the area, choose Binary, and then Fill with NOPs. This image from the guide shows that step:
That will fill the entire area with NOPs, so then you can just add the last bit of logic for the tutorial in that area. Refer back to the images at the end of the guide for reference on the last part you have to do.
It can be tricky at first, but once you get used to it, it'll be a lot easier with more practice on client updates. Good luck!
umm drew it's a lot easyer that i understood at first :P i only need to change the "JNZ" in the "ENGLISH" section to "NOP" and that's all :P when reading it first i tout i need to do more stuff but figured it out :P
for all that want to change TSRO v1.201 to English:
umm drew it's a lot easyer that i understood at first :P i only need to change the "JNZ" in the "ENGLISH" section to "NOP" and that's all :P when reading it first i tout i need to do more stuff but figured it out :P
Have you actually tried spawning in game yet?
As I wrote in the guide, there are problems with trying to do it simpler as you are trying to. You need to do what the guide does in some shape or form. That includes fixing the language byte. Anything less and it doesn't actually work as you should see when you can't properly spawn in game since your spawn opcode is wrong.
I was trying to make a swsro eng sro_client ( the latest ) , but i can`t fiind the GetGlobalData call ( like u got in the pic ) and i dunno where to search it , maybe u could give me a helping hint .......thanks
I was trying to make a swsro eng sro_client ( the latest ) , but i can`t fiind the GetGlobalData call ( like u got in the pic ) and i dunno where to search it , maybe u could give me a helping hint .......thanks
Did you use for swsro? Their client is even older so a bit different and you also have to make other patches to bypass the CRC checks still in the client. I don't have the latest version of swsro, but just try to follow that post as well as the original to get the addresses.
I did exactly like it says ( i think):
-Did the english and chinese thing ( )
-Used that call from CharSelect ( )
-Made the thing there ( )
-Made the CRC thing ( )
-And i get a big ugly param eror when i try to run it ( )
-If u could tell me where i did wrong i would apreaciate it very much ........thanks
Btw this is the original sro_client 2.21 for swsro ()
Hey drew, I have been talking with your in TSro today. Finally I found your guide and played around with my olly. The current TSro client version is not the same as yours in this guide, but it shouldn't matter actually.
This is your tut-client:
The current one:
So, there is a small difference in the end, you can see Call ESI, instead of CALL Near ESI.
In the end I did all changes noted in your tutorial (with new adresses), entered the world with english language. The problem is just with spawning, can't walk around, empty hp+mp bar and stuff like this. So I guess there is a problem with the huge amount of nop's in the current client version. Can you lead me in the right direction there?
So, there is a small difference in the end, you can see Call ESI, instead of CALL Near ESI.
CALL ESI is the same as CALL NEAR ESI. It's just an OllyDbg setting that lables NEAR EIP changes (when the address operand is a byte and not a dword, more like an OllyDbg bug actually). I have a post somewhere that shows the Olly setting, but I can't find it atm.
Quote:
In the end I did all changes noted in your tutorial (with new adresses), entered the world with english language. The problem is just with spawning, can't walk around, empty hp+mp bar and stuff like this. So I guess there is a problem with the huge amount of nop's in the current client version. Can you lead me in the right direction there?
That means the spawn opcode was wrong, which is only caused by not using the language flag in the code you overwrite.
So first you NOP all that, then you have to add in the call as well as additional instruction to set the new language flag. That step can be seen in .
Once you add that call of the function and set the right language flag (2 for TSRO), you should spawn in game just fine. ISROs language flag of 4 causes the wrong spawn opcode to be used and will get you the "unspawned" condition.
Just to clarify now, it will work with no problems on all regular SROs, but any private SROs will have some issues at first due to their client being so old. In my edxSilkroadLoader, I have an auto-updating method that works for TSRO, ISRO (w/ unpacked client only), VSRO, CSRO, and KSRO (w/ unpacked client only). JSRO is not supported yet because I only got the client installer today (thanks Kazuya¹!), but the client is packed and it appears to want to load GameGuard, which doesn't work so nicely on Win7.
I did try SWSRO in the past, but I have to relook at their client now to see if it's the same or not. I don't really keep up with the private SROs and only recently started looking into other foreign language Silkroads.
English Patch for CN client? 08/15/2008 - Dekaron Private Server - 6 Replies Okay... I was wondering since everything you see on screen (in 2moons) is client based.. If someone translated the names of npcs, items, skills etc.. wouldnt that show on your screen?
Example. My bagi gets a new weapon -> 台风 Now translated that is Typhoon. If the name of the item were changed on the client files it would show up as Typhoon on MY screen instead.
I am not 100% positive but if someone had a Chinese client modified for english it SHOULD work on pretty much ANY private server...