Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online > SRO Coding Corner
You last visited: Today at 07:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] Silkroad Development Series

Discussion on [Guide] Silkroad Development Series within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 260
Received Thanks: 3,750
[Guide] Silkroad Development Series

In order to help organize the guides I release, I am making this additional thread to point to all of the individual guides so everything can be accessed from one convenient location. As more guides are released I will edit this thread to link to them. Please leave guide specific comments in the respective guide. Thank you and enjoy.

Silkroad Development Series:

Misc

General Notes

A lot of information is now outdated, incompatible with current versions. I am still working on new guides with new information and will eventually get around to writing updated guides for the old information.
Thanks
144 Users
Old 06/27/2009, 17:44   #2

elite*gold: 28719
The Black Market: 138/0/0
Received Thanks: 21,381
Thanks for that Drew.

Anyway, are you into any project already? I'd like to suggest that you may start one with the talented coders from elitepvpers (e.g. SRO-Underground).
Thanks
3 Users
Old 06/27/2009, 18:36   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,360
Ah I see its already done
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/27/2009, 19:41   #4

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dread View Post
Thanks for that Drew.

Anyway, are you into any project already? I'd like to suggest that you may start one with the talented coders from elitepvpers (e.g. SRO-Underground).
Sorry on OT, but is there any chance we know who are those talented coders ?
Old 06/27/2009, 22:27   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbot View Post
Sorry on OT, but is there any chance we know who are those talented coders ?
anyone
check the thread that invincible made for the SRO UnderGround and u will understand what are we talking about
On Topic:
Thanks Drew
great as usual
Old 06/30/2009, 11:39   #6

elite*gold: 280
The Black Market: 119/0/0
Received Thanks: 2,276
Freaky awesome to have such guides here
Thanks very much
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/08/2009, 11:50   #7

Really thankful, did start messing with few stuff and had no clue where to start/go so this is incredible.

Now all i need is quit my job and start learning lol
Old 07/13/2009, 00:21   #8

I'm very interested in your tutorials. Thx for making them.
Old 07/13/2009, 02:40   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum9 View Post
I'm very interested in your tutorials. Thx for making them.
everyone is so
Old 07/13/2009, 21:28   #10

Made myself a library of all your guides, because they will be really useful in future. But there's just one problem. All of your 6 *.dll files will not compile. I get an error, here's the whole compile log.
Quote:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: [05] Extracting Parsed Packets in Silkroad, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project '[05] Extracting Parsed Packets in Silkroad', configuration 'Release|Win32'
1>Compiling...
1>DLL.cpp
1>Common.cpp
1>Linking...
1> Creating library C:\Documents and Settings\TheSpy\Desktop\USB\iCore\pushedx\Release\[05] Extracting Parsed Packets in Silkroad.lib and object C:\Documents and Settings\TheSpy\Desktop\USB\iCore\pushedx\Release\[05] Extracting Parsed Packets in Silkroad.exp
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\TheSpy\Desktop\USB\iCore\pushedx\[05] DLL\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>[05] Extracting Parsed Packets in Silkroad - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
Searched a little on Google, but didn't found anything, except for one thing. To set my project character set to 'not set', but it didn't help either.

Besides that, good job on the guides. I like the style, how they're written. But didn't read them all, got just through the first three and the fifth. Going to read the rest when I'll have some spare time.
Old 07/13/2009, 22:14   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpy View Post
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined
You will need to make a Win32 DLL project rather than a regular Console or Application project for the DLL.cpp files. You should be able to change your current project to one in your project settings: Configuration Properties -> General -> Configuration Type = "Dynamic Library (.dll)". Make sure to do that for both debug and release configurations!

After that, the linker pass should succeed and you get a DLL. The only EXE you should ever have is for the Loader itself. This is covered in more detail on the (under IV. Implementation), but it's easy to miss that step since Visual Studio has the dialog backwards.
Old 07/13/2009, 23:05   #12

Thanks, missed that in the configuration. I usually create blank project without any includes, way cleaner than anything else. But can result in such mistakes also. Thank you once again.
Old 08/07/2009, 22:24   #13

I did hit "Thanks" button, but I simply have to say THANKS DREW! After going through all of the articles for last several hours //my wife is having me at the gun point right now\\ I finally understand why was I getting stuck every time trying to inject data to the packets. Besides that, I`ve never had any interest in d3d objects in Silkroad, but I definitely do now. Drew, Thank You again for all of the knowledge and experience You have given us to learn from.
Greatly appreciated!
Regards
Bleed
Old 08/20/2009, 08:57   #14

Just a little status update regarding the guides. I have a couple of more guides to write in the next week related to the new proxy project. Once those are done, I will begin going back and cleaning up all of the already posted guides. I was waiting for ISRO to apply the Legend4+ patch first and probably wait a week or so for them to work out any bugs. I suspect we will see a few additional client updates during that time.

My main focus on the cleanups is making sure the code can easily be updated for ISRO and other versions similar to ISRO. (TSRO at minimal, VSRO and CSRO less as much, KSRO the least since it's so far ahead). Even though I won't be able to maintain the code for all versions or even keep ISRO always up to date, the concepts shown in the guides should still be applicable.
Old 12/13/2009, 16:07   #15

elite*gold: 19
Received Thanks: 1,800
Your great pushedx [= great guides...