Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 04:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question?

Discussion on Question? within the SRO Coding Corner forum part of the Silkroad Online category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Question?

Can someone say if it posible to do.

1st.I want to add server status to launcher. I mean i want to do that when you launch launcher , you see server status . ( i want to do that with elitesro)
i need to edit media.pk2 ? or what ?

And 2nd. Is posible to change notice text , witch you see when you loged in your acc . Eg. welcome to elitesro.. and etc..
Old 05/22/2011, 22:11   #2

Oke I have to disappoint you at both questions.

first one it might be possible but it would be kinda hard to do since you have to edit the .exe's OR write your own launcher which is kinda a loader.

well your 2nd one is possible. I assume you're talking about srevolution kinda notice ? but you need to edit it in the .exe or add some kind of proxy between you and the server and filter that packet which slows down everything.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/22/2011, 22:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_owner View Post
Oke I have to disappoint you at both questions.

first one it might be possible but it would be kinda hard to do since you have to edit the .exe's OR write your own launcher which is kinda a loader.

well your 2nd one is possible. I assume you're talking about srevolution kinda notice ? but you need to edit it in the .exe or add some kind of proxy between you and the server and filter that packet which slows down everything.
yea . I cant understand with exe files all that numbers ;D. Anyway thanks.
What more can i change with editing pk.2 ? just photos ?
Old 05/22/2011, 22:19   #4

just use reshack + isro launcher (Silkroad.exe).
edit the html resource pointing to your server stats page and you will be fine.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/23/2011, 14:06   #5

is there any post guide about editing silkroad.exe or just how to edit exe files.
Old 05/23/2011, 14:36   #6

HOW TO EDIT THIS ???
Old 05/23/2011, 14:54   #7

Well I don't know how you can edit the exe's i'm not into the asm or resource hacking stuff but I might be able to help you with the 2nd one.

I guess it's in a plain text file in the media.pk2 in the server_dep folder the one with all the text file and there should be something with textUISystem.txt which has all text of the user interface in it. I guess that those lines are also in that text file or mabye one of those other text....txt files.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/23/2011, 16:25   #8

Quote:
Well I don't know how you can edit the exe's i'm not into the asm or resource hacking stuff but I might be able to help you with the 2nd one.

I guess it's in a plain text file in the media.pk2 in the server_dep folder the one with all the text file and there should be something with textUISystem.txt which has all text of the user interface in it. I guess that those lines are also in that text file or mabye one of those other text....txt files.
thanks very much .
And one more question . do you know how to edit guide table ?
Old 05/23/2011, 16:30   #9

I don't know how to edit that one but you could take a look at one of those very big text files mabye there is something called guide or tutorial I don't know but it should be in the same map or mabye it's in the same file as your previous question
Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/23/2011, 16:40   #10

Quote:
I don't know how to edit that one but you could take a look at one of those very big text files mabye there is something called guide or tutorial I don't know but it should be in the same map or mabye it's in the same file as your previous question
i will try download that pk2 and look to txt files
Old 05/24/2011, 20:44   #11

how to fix that white image. I tried to re add that items , text-connect.ddj to media pk2 but nothing

its is posible to delete file from media.pk2 ?
Old 05/24/2011, 21:30   #12

As far as I know you can't really delete things with the pk2tools of drew. I don't know if he created one where you can delete things.

but you probably overwrote something so you could extract the media.pk2 from the elitesilkroad rar file and extract all the .ddj images from the clean media.pk2 so you can browse through those and see which one is missing
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/25/2011, 15:28   #13

Quote:
As far as I know you can't really delete things with the pk2tools of drew. I don't know if he created one where you can delete things.

but you probably overwrote something so you could extract the media.pk2 from the elitesilkroad rar file and extract all the .ddj images from the clean media.pk2 so you can browse through those and see which one is missing
no missing ;D . just bug with changing one ddj file. I think its imposible to edit becouse it will bug.
Old 05/25/2011, 16:18   #14

It's possible to remove some Files
But you need to rebuild the whole PK2 File
You need to extract the whole pk2 to a folder and download drews pk2 5-in-1 bundle