Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Shooter > Soldier Front
You last visited: Today at 19:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Ultimate Weapon Guide

Discussion on Ultimate Weapon Guide within the Soldier Front forum part of the Shooter category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,790
Ultimate Weapon Guide

Gun overview

- = Given a report about the gun.
* = A must buy (or try) gun!

Guns for rushers!
*-M4A1
-UZI
-FA-MAS
-P90

Guns for people that like to do a lot of damage, but can control high recoil!
*-AK-74
-Galil
-AN-94
-M16
-G3A3

Guns for supportive players!
-Steyr AUG
-M249
MG36
G36-C
MP5

Guns for long-medium range damage dealers!
*-Sig551
K2

The guns!

Snipers:

FR-F2 -
This gun is a great rusher's gun. It's for the sniper that doesn't like to camp, for the type of person that's about to run up in on an unsuspecting enemy.
PRO's
High accuracy.
10 round clip.
Lightest sniper rifle.
No recoil, it's bolt action.
CON's
This gun shoots pretty slow because it's bolt action.
If you miss a target on the first shot, pray.
The scope could have a high zoom.

PSG-1- This is a great gun for all skill levels, and has few weaknesses making it a good gun for everyone. The PSG-1 is a great gun because it's a balanced sniper rifle. You can start off your first game ever with it, and still like it when you're on your 10,000th game.
PRO's
Shoots very fast.
Has a reasonable reload time.
Good scope, simple design, good magnification.
CON's
Slightly heavy, still not the heaviest sniper.
Only 5 shots, after those 5 shots, good luck.
Accuracy is weaker than other snipers.

Dragunov - This gun is for the camper, that's about to pull off an amazing save. Don't be fooled, this gun isn't some overpriced pro gun; it has great accuracy and a clip that will take out an entire team without reloading. Don't be alarmed when the entire room is yelling "HACKER" because it happens to me a lot. Because of this gun I've learned to snipe faster, because the game is not over after 10 shots. I make more risks, take more risky shots, get more kills, and get better.
PRO's
High accuracy.
10 round clip.
Ego-boosting.
Can help you become a better sniper.
CON's
Very heavy.
Shoots slightly slower than the PSG-1.
Will cost around 55k sp.
If you want to buy it now (6/16/08) good luck trying to get it from a supply crate.
Weird triangular scope (easy to overcome though.)

Sprayers:

Guns for rushers!

M4A1 - The first choice of pro rushers. This gun is an excellent gun. It has very little recoil and you can spray with it. You can also bunny hop making it a great choice for someone that likes to rush. It's my favorite rusher gun and it's also easy to use for all skill levels. Long range you should shoot on the run ducking behind cover until you can get very close range. Bunnyhopping is smart to do with this gun.
PRO's
Light.
Low recoil.
Cheap at around 22k sp.
CON's
Has a weird spray pattern that makes all the bullets go off to the side of the crosshair, but in a strait line still.
The damage isn't too high, it could be better.

UZI - The rusher's partner. This is currently the best rushing weapon in USF. That's because this gun is VERY light, has 2 extra bullets, and has a high damage than the M4A1, with recoil and a rate of fire like the M4. You can bunnyhop your way to a multikill with this gun. Long range you should shoot on the run ducking behind cover until you can get very close range.
PRO's
VERY light.
High ROF.
2 extra bullets.
Fast reload.
Low recoil.
CON's
Kind of large crosshair
53k? sp pricetag.

FA-MAS -
The close range virtual rapist gun, that's great for rushers. This gun cal kill just about anything at close range in the right hands, but after 20 meters, it just tickles. This gun is the gun that I used to help myself get better at rushing. You can bunnyhop, or crouch, it's so powerful close range, it doesn't matter.
PRO's
High damage.
High rate of fire.
Light.
Sounds very intimidating.
CON's
50-56k sp pricetag.
Just tickles the enemy at a distance.

P90 -
Do you miss most of your damn shots? The P90 has a good solution, by adding 20 extra bullets to a normal 30 round clip. And with you 50 bullets, you'll be great at rushing too. This gun is an excellent gun for beginners. I used it when I first learned how to spray. I liked the 50 round clip. The only things I didn't really like where there crosshair, and spray pattern. It was definitely meant to be a close range gun. This is a great rushing gun because of it's relatively light weight. When using it, bunnyhopping, works well.
PRO's
Good damage.
50 round clip.
23k price
Good ROF.
Relatively light.
CON's
Crazy spray pattern
Large crosshair.

Guns for people that like to do a lot of damage, but can control high recoil!

AK-74 -
The gun that just took you out, before you noticed you were dead. This gun is a gun made by the weapon gods, and in the right hands, it is unstoppable. It takes as little as 2 or 3 shots to kill someone. I suggest you learn to control this demon and add it to your arsenal. It's best to burst shoot while crouching with this gun.
PRO's
High damage.
33k sp.
Accurate when single shotting (very small crosshair.)
CON's
Very high recoil.
Crosshair gets big if you don't burst.

Galil -
The galil is a gun for people that like to be able to knock people out before they even hear you shoot. The galil is the highest damage sprayer in the game. It has heavy recoil, but a very good bullet pattern. The gun is best used when crouching shooting in bursts. This gun's true power isn't too clear yet because too many people in SF lag so I usually take about 7 shots to kill a person.
PRO's
Highest damage out of any sprayer.
Good bullet pattern.
it has low ROF so you can easily control recoil.
you can jump shoot with it
CON's
Heavy.
Slightly slow shooting.
50-56k SP pricetag.

AN-94 -
The AK-74 has a friend, with higher power, and a higher rate of fire. This gun is just like the AK-74 except for 4 differences; it shoots faster, does more damage, and has a bigger crosshair, with more recoil. Only buy this gun if you are VERY good with the AK-74. Some say the AK-74 is better because it has a smaller crosshair. In reality, thE AK-74, AND AN-94 should be used for different things. AK-74, is an all range gun, while the AN-94, has a special benefit close range.
PRO's
High damage.
High ROF.
CON's
Big crosshair.
High weight.
55k sp pricetag.

M16 - The M16 is a gun for people that like to do burst damage, and burst damage only. This gun can be very good, until the point where your spray pattern and recoil goes crazy. That's because you can only use this gun in bursts. If you ever hold down the trigger for long enough to shoot off 5 shots, you're going to hate the gun. It will work well in killing in most ranges if you shoot in bursts of 3's. Crouch when shooting.
PRO's
OK damage.
Accurate for the first few shots.
Good ROF.
Low price.
CON's
Have to shoot in bursts.
Slightly high weight.

G3A3 - This gun was made for sprayers that like the AK, with less recoil, and a better spray pattern. It's a pretty good gun for scrims. I can SOMETIMES bunnyhop with it. For some reason I can't seem to make it useful in clan scrims. It may be the awkward spray pattern. I still use it like I use the AK, and I still perform the same as I would with an AK in pubs generally.
PRO's
Lower recoil.
High Damage.
CON's
Slightly heavy.
56k pricetag.
Learning to control it.

Guns for supportive players!

Steyr AUG - A gun for very strategic players that like to hang back and KS the out of people. Don't be fooled by the scope, because with the scope, this gun is useless. The scope is highly inaccurate. In order to do well with this gun you must shoot in bursts of 3 bullets, because if you don't the crosshair will go crazy. I don't understand why people use this gun, seeing as, it's easily beat out by most guns. It's crosshair is just too weird. When it shoots, with every shot the crosshair gets bigger.
PRO's
Good damage.
Cheap price.
CON's
Crazy spray pattern.
Expanding crosshair.
Useless scope.
Weird recoil.
Kinda heavy.
Relatively low ROF.

M249 - Hold down your team with a 100 round clip of pure... batteries? This is a great gun for providing team support because no on in there right might would turn a corner knowing that a gun that appears to be shooting batteries for ammo would be waiting with 100 batteries. There are many problems still though. The crosshair on this gun is VERY ugly. The damage could be better too, because it does the damage of an M4. I would recommend crouching with this gun.
PRO's
High ROF.
100 rounds.
Intimidating sound.
Looks like it is belt-fed batteries.
CON's
Crazy big crosshair.
Very heavy.
Slow reload time.
Low damage for a battery cannon.
Ugly spray pattern.

Guns for long-medium range damage dealers!

Sig551 - This gun is made for people that like to take people out fast, long to medium range. From my experiences with this gun, I've come to a conclusion that it's great for a person learning to spray, or a sniper. It is very accurate, low recoil, and it has an alright crosshair. This is a great gun for anyone that sometimes likes to bunnyhop, and sometimes just likes to be accurate and crouch.
PRO's
Very low recoil.
Good distance.
Versatile.
45k? pricetag. Lowest of the newer generation guns.
CON's
Slightly heavy.
Lower ROF than other guns.

Personal i think the AK74 is the best sf gun, im pro with it, i hardly miss and it's recoil's my best friend.

other guns guide coming soon..

Credits to [Volts]
Thanks
5 Users
Old 12/08/2009, 19:29   #2

elite*gold: 0
nice guide dude...
Old 12/09/2009, 01:48   #3

elite*gold: 0
great great great... MODS can you sticky this one for some weapon guide for all the newbie players?
@TS
nc1 searching bro
tnx
Old 12/09/2009, 03:39   #4

elite*gold: 44
Look's nice and all but it looks like you just Copy + paste all the info of weps from the Game guide... Either way, look's like you put some work into it.
Old 12/21/2009, 17:07   #5

elite*gold: 25
Received Thanks: 2,469
MOVED

* All Guides+Tutorials alone Should be Posted on Soldier Front Main Section.
~ No Filipino/Tagalog Language is Prohibited/Not Allowed

* Any Rule Violators may results to Infraction.