Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 21:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Is iSRO unplayable?

Discussion on Is iSRO unplayable? within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Is iSRO unplayable?

I tried playing vanilla iSRO and ****, first I have to wait for over an hour to login. What if I suddenly DC? That'd make me have to wait another hour again.
And they ask you for silk for instant access, PER LOGIN? Wtf? What if you disconnect suddenly after 30 minutes or so, you have to pay again to login? Did I get that right or is the payment per day/week or so?
Also to get VIP access to login you have to get a VIP status that requires buying silks for 80€ a month? WTF? Did I get that right? Does that VIP status even give you access to join the server without a queue?
I really don't get it. I just wanted to play for nostalgia for a bit but it seems like the game is literally unplayable unless you pay a monthly sub of 80 ******* euros!?!?!?!?
Can someone enlighten me how to play this for free or at least for a cheaper sub to login?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/22/2022, 20:16   #2

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by inb4tw0mbds View Post
Is iSRO unplayable?
tl;dr: Yes.

Quote:
That'd make me have to wait another hour again.
Correct.

Quote:
And they ask you for silk for instant access, PER LOGIN? Wtf? What if you disconnect suddenly after 30 minutes or so, you have to pay again to login?
Yes. Or just get VIP Silver or Premium Plus. That is what they are trying to sell you anyway. You need VIP Silver (or higher) in particular, otherwise they will regularly disconnect you/crash your client.

Quote:
Also to get VIP access to login you have to get a VIP status that requires buying silks for 80€ a month?
No, 30 € is enough for VIP Silver. But you have to buy Premium Silk/C-Coin and have to spend this virtual money on Premium Silk/J-Coin Items instead of normal Silk/J-Coin Items. Otherwise they will not give you VIP status.

Quote:
WTF? Did I get that right? Does that VIP status even give you access to join the server without a queue?
Yes. But you have to make sure that you get VIP Silver, Gold etc.. Bronze and Iron are not enough.

Quote:
Can someone enlighten me how to play this for free or at least for a cheaper sub to login?
As I mentioned earlier 30 € would be enough. If you time your "VIP purchase" clever you can get 2 month out of your VIP time. Long story short: Always buy VIP at the start of a month. Not later. Otherwise you are wasting it.

But yea, I would highly recommend not to waste any more money on that dead game. Let your nostalgia be nostalgia. Otherwise, you will just ruin your memory. In-game, the game is structured completely different from what it used to be anyway. Of course, you could now look for a random pServer. But they are all defaced to the point of unrecognizability or, in the worst case, they may even plant malware on you. So yea, better stop wasting your time with that stupid game.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you played SRO? Sure, all the VIP rubbish only came in 2015 or so. But Joymax has been keeping people in the queues/logging in since 2008 and earlier, pushing people to buy Premium Plus. Have you forgotten that, or did you last play in the really good old days in 2005 and 2006?
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/23/2022, 01:18   #3

elite*gold: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Quote:
And they ask you for silk for instant access, PER LOGIN? Wtf? What if you disconnect suddenly after 30 minutes or so, you have to pay again to login?
Yes. Or just get VIP Silver or Premium Plus. That is what they are trying to sell you anyway. You need VIP Silver (or higher) in particular, otherwise they will regularly disconnect you/crash your client.
No, it's not like that.
Instant Access login is based on duration, not number of logins. You can use it an unlimited amount of times as long as you're within the duration of the ticket.

13 Silk ($1.30 USD) will buy you 4 hours of unlimited login. After those 4 hours are up, it resets and you need to buy another ticket.
Old 04/24/2022, 01:55   #4

elite*gold: 32
good old memorys... i will let them in my head and will never touch the isro again...
first server was xian with cap 80... **** nice time when eu came out
Old 04/25/2022, 07:37   #5

same thing happened to me 3 month ago after 2-3 hours trying to enter, and created the character got dced,
i suggest to you
sailor is fresh server 90 progressive cap
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/25/2022, 10:21   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoalprens View Post
same thing happened to me 3 month ago after 2-3 hours trying to enter, and created the character got dced,
i suggest to you
sailor is fresh server 90 progressive cap
Sailor only for people without job... macro in game sucks, u cant make repot, so when u die / potion end = gg u cant leave it on 5-6h + without looking on it

ppl withount job > normal ppl with less time + u need fellow pet for sp, otherwise go with farm -5 all time on 75% xp macro
Old 04/25/2022, 13:04   #7

elite*gold: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev 9 View Post
good old memorys... i will let them in my head and will never touch the isro again...
first server was xian with cap 80... **** nice time when eu came out
me too, but i was on Redsea server
i remember creating a wizzard and been surprised for the fact u can nuke at lv 4 without imbue xD
had a modified pk2 to show 9d items that werent available in that time
good old days
Old 04/29/2022, 09:44   #8

The problem with Sailor is that is not "original" experience except (maybe) if you don't use the Macro.

Just for example : D11 items can't be sold for money ; price is 0.
Is this original experience ? or P2W.

As said by Michaldiabel, Sailor is for people that has no life.
Old 04/29/2022, 11:37   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazaHZaBeAl View Post
i have latest files iSRO from joymax (korea,china,eu) , source bd + server if anyone interested pm me discord geegun#4154

if you want to open server on that files i can help for %

i know nothing about that game!
Post it.
Old 05/01/2022, 16:51   #10

elite*gold: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by KazaHZaBeAl View Post
i have latest files iSRO from joymax (korea,china,eu) , source bd + server if anyone interested pm me discord geegun#4154

if you want to open server on that files i can help for %

i know nothing about that game!
Just copy and past some files... and say they are the latest files :-) don´t get scammed take care
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/13/2022, 16:34   #11

It's so sad to see what has become of Silkroad... Sailor is okay so far - but unfortunately it's just out for the big money.
The best example is now the 90 cap server, every expansion of the cap has to/can be paid in bold again - in order to be able to keep up to some extent, i.e. with Arena CTF and other activities.
As someone already mentioned, unfortunately Sailor is more for those who only want to sacrifice their free time with Silkroad.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/12/2022, 05:31   #12

Sailor is great, if you work just let the macro going on bro..

Best server for people who have a job on real life.
Old 08/14/2022, 20:57   #13

Just, NO
Old 08/17/2022, 21:08   #14

I went from playing sro, to watching the forum laughing at the people who are still stuck on this **** game.

It's so dead it's unbelievable :P Sailor was nice for a bit but meh, even that goes dull fairly quick.

Isro is a dead money sinkhole
Rest of the pservers are either morons running it, braindeads running it, or dead within a month basically.
Old 08/18/2022, 10:28   #15

Yes guys , dosent matter how much you was enjoy silkroad before , just try to find a other game you can enjoy , its all you can do.