Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 15:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Silkroad Online Mobile Game?!

Discussion on Silkroad Online Mobile Game?! within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old 02/03/2019, 12:33   #61

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenster3000 View Post
Thats good.
Will be interesting where they are located
Even the old map was pretty stuffed with uniques.
I can not imagine that all of them spawn in free roam.
Some of them will probably be in dungeons or stuff like that.
They already showed us Uruchi, Roc, Baekyung the white viper.
In current version and locations they only didnt show us a Tiger Girl.
As we know there wont be Karakoram and Taklamakan at the launch (so, no Isytaru / Lord Yarkan)

p.s I hope Roc will grow in time
Old 02/03/2019, 15:29   #62

elite*gold: 8
Quote:
Well...from a technical standpoint SRO never was good.
Gameplay suckes aswell.
The only thing you have to do is selecting a mob/player. Then start spamming 1, 2, 3, 4.
PVP is even worse. The things that matter while PVP are Pots, Buffs (Especially for Euros) and P2W Items.
I do not even want to start with the quest system. They are just bad design aswell.

What SRO actually made good were the old Job system and the atmosphere (including the map design).
Last point is the most relevant aspect. This is the reason why people sticked to this game.
Everybody remembers their first time spawning in Jangan hearing the music and running around like a noob.

This it why it will be interesting if SRO Mobile will be able to recreate this feeling.
Well, SRO is an old game and back then the graphic was pretty good and it is capable to run on basically every standard pc. Yeah the gameplay is tedious but thats a thing in many grinding MMOs (note that this does not make it okay). I also think that the job system was beneficial for its popularity although the visuals (models, skills, animations, particles) did the most part IMO.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/03/2019, 16:20   #63

elite*gold: 206
Received Thanks: 2,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by qqdev View Post
and it is capable to run on basically every standard pc.
Thats actually not true. I mean yea, SRO itselfs runs on a potato.
But that does not mean it runs good at all. In practice you need a pretty solid PC in order to have stable 60 FPS in every situation. Thats obviously caused
by the poor optimization that SRO has received.
Even my Ryzen 2600 + my 1050Ti do not hit 60 FPS all the time.
Especially while killing uniques that spawn a tremendous amount of mobs like Shaitain 60 FPS are not guaranteed. Running around in cities with other players around it becomes even worse since FPS go down to 30 FPS.

I mean yea. My PC is not high end at all. But it should be enough to handle SRO. But it acutally does not. Comparing this to GTA Online I get pretty stable 60 FPS @0p with a Mix of Medium/High/Ultra Settings.

I still remember having my old PC with a i7 920 and my 560Ti. Even these components are far better than what Joymax recommends. In practice hunting Shaitan was basically really annoying. Only Low Settings pretty much solved the issues with drops below 10 FPS. But 15 - 25 FPS were not good either

Just as an example:

FPS counter can be found in the top left corner. Graphic Settings are not even maxed out since shadow details are on Medium.

Will be interesting to see if the Mobile Game will have similar issues. From what I have seen it could be possible that they are using the same (but updated) engine. At least rendering of objects that are far away look pretty similar to iSRO.
Old 02/03/2019, 19:06   #64

elite*gold: 8
Scenes with many actors are really demanding yes. No MMORPG that I know of can handle this workload well. Especially at this time. Most of the time you are grinding and experiencing no issues at all tho. Also, you gotta set that into perspective. SRO was coded when single core CPUs were ruling the market. GTA Online had a whole other knowledge of potential target hardware.
Old 02/03/2019, 19:45   #65

Quote:
Most of the time you are grinding and experiencing no issues at all tho.
*botting

Quote:
Also, you gotta set that into perspective. SRO was coded when single core CPUs were ruling the market. GTA Online had a whole other knowledge of potential target hardware.
Sure ^^
But even with that in mind Joymax could have optimize their
game a bit more.
Old 02/07/2019, 14:32   #66

Received Thanks: 1,044
I've been watching this closely as it's quite interesting ''news'' yet I still have high doubts that this is an official game now.

I'd rather say that Joymax is suffering so hard they just allowed some other company to use their brand to produce a mobile game in order to get profit out of it with no much effort.

I also think there is a chance that this is completely bullshit and it's purely pirated because joymax doesn't care and some people decided to impersonate and make a great deal out of it.

Regardless, my personal opinion is that this is not gonna be anywhere near to ''expected success / comeback'' because I know this well that SRO players are still here because of the nostalgia. You can not feel nostalgia with completely different graphics and visuals. Most of the people who are excited af about it will probably uninstall in a matter of days-weeks.

Hope to find out soon.
Old 02/08/2019, 08:41   #67

Another new video. I love those Blader skills, do you?

Old 02/08/2019, 14:18   #68

Looks pretty solid.
But flying around as a blader is a bit irritating.
Old 02/08/2019, 15:28   #69

Quote:
Looks pretty solid.
But flying around as a blader is a bit irritating.
Its just a cutscene i think, just a part of main quest or something like
Old 02/08/2019, 20:23   #70

it looks promising, just bring some more SRO feel and it will be good. Does anybody knows any dates about opening?
Old 02/08/2019, 20:59   #71

They have not mention an exact date yet. They only said
that we will be able to play in this month.
Beta-Test-Registration will close on February 10.
I guess they will announce the start for the beta a few days later.
Old 02/08/2019, 22:41   #72

Thank you, where can I register?
Old 02/08/2019, 22:52   #73

Thanks
1 User
Old 02/09/2019, 11:34   #74

Thank you, can not wait to try it. They should close the registration tomorrow.
Old 02/11/2019, 11:00   #75

Reservation extended to 23rd Feb., and CD-key activations to 4th March. Predict CBT starts on 25th Feb.