Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > Popular Games > Silkroad Online
You last visited: Today at 17:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

cant decide Prot or Garms

Discussion on cant decide Prot or Garms within the Silkroad Online forum part of the Popular Games category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
cant decide Prot or Garms

Hey guys, Im having a little trouble whether i should stay in garms or switch to protectors.

Build: Pure Str Fire Glaive

and im wondering which is better in terms of PvPing all around.
(please dont tell me the usual 'you're pure str and you dont need more defense' or 'you need more mag defense so need garms.' i want something other than those response or something more than being vague. In terms of PvPing and PvE.)
Old 03/01/2009, 19:33   #2

garment for the mp recovery speed, with prot you can run out of mp,
Old 03/01/2009, 21:20   #3

I had high cold on my glavier, used garment first changed to prot. with the prot set i felt almost invincible when i faced glaviers/bladers/bowers but when i faced a nuker i took alot of dmg, maybe with a perfect pimped set you can use prot even against nukers, it all depends what people you like to fight against...
consider i dont like fighting nukers i choosed prot :P
Hope i helped with some answers
oh btw pve you wont feel any big diffrence
Old 03/01/2009, 23:34   #4

elite*gold: 1
look : u should use protector, because u will almost everytime pvp with a full str character. u kill full int`s way faster, so garm isn`t that important.
Old 03/02/2009, 14:19   #5

yeah, but how about hibrid ints, you cant kill them that fast, an if someone hybrid int s/s KDs you your finished (in case youre on garm and its not that good pimped) and the mp diference will be very noticeble, im a hybrid in nuker on garm with S/S and i need to go in town for MP pots only twice a day (14-16 hours of gameplay) ... and having lv 80 snowshield (-50%dmg) and the castle shield from bicheon skills +KD a protector glavier would not stand a chance vs me unless he has sun or Force skills ...
Old 03/02/2009, 16:05   #6

prot till 55 then change to garm
Old 03/02/2009, 18:23   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by andypockett92 View Post
yeah, but how about hibrid ints, you cant kill them that fast, an if someone hybrid int s/s KDs you your finished (in case youre on garm and its not that good pimped) and the mp diference will be very noticeble, im a hybrid in nuker on garm with S/S and i need to go in town for MP pots only twice a day (14-16 hours of gameplay) ... and having lv 80 snowshield (-50%dmg) and the castle shield from bicheon skills +KD a protector glavier would not stand a chance vs me unless he has sun or Force skills ...
hey man .. u can`t be 100% invincible....

even a lvl 100 full sosun +7 gear full blues 2hwarrior / cleric , full farmed , get`s owned sometimes...

the game it`s all about making compromises (if u play 100% legit) (if u bot.. nwm :P )
Old 03/02/2009, 21:05   #8

Quote:
look : u should use protector, because u will almost everytime pvp with a full str character. u kill full int`s way faster, so garm isn`t that important.
kill a int faster? i really suggest u to get a little higher lvl and pvp against little more people before you make replys like these... there are nukers that are HARDER to kill then a blader/glavier/bower
Old 03/03/2009, 06:56   #9

and there are birds that can`t fly.... u can`t generalise. i`m talking in most cases.
Old 03/03/2009, 09:17   #10

its not even like that in most of the cases :S
Old 03/03/2009, 10:46   #11

i beg to differ. glaviers, and bowmans, 1h warriors and 2h warriors, daggers... all of them can EASYLLY kill a nuker (with or without a snow shield).

but i bet u have now a nuker character so u will deffend you`re build. but if u say that a nuker can kill a full str IN MOST cases .. u will get laughed on!

and btw : a nuker will ALWAYS be own by a full str.
Old 03/03/2009, 15:44   #12

i have a nuker? maybe correct yourself and look at the sign i got 3 lvl 90 STR chars and NO NUKER!
If i were glavier and had to kill 2 people and 1 of them were nuker and 1 were bow/glavie i would choose the glavier not the nuker! I bet you are around lvl 40-50 and pvp people with bad sets not FF etc coz nukers OFTEN kill str if there is a good player behind the character....
Old 03/04/2009, 02:44   #13

at higher lvls, int can kill str and str can kill int. but totally depends of style of play, gear, build, SP. its quite difficult to kill an s/s if they have a nice set and a good shield. aswell as skills having def pwr increase.

but guys stay on topic =)

but people on my server, glaivers use protectors, i dont know why. yet they can pretty much kill. and they even told me to switch to protectors. so im asking if i should just switch or stay garms =)
Old 03/04/2009, 08:49   #14

They are using protector coz if there are many glaviers to pvp with and u will be a little bit disadvantaged when u fight against a prot glavier and u are wearing glavier.
Old 03/05/2009, 02:55   #15

still brings me down to this... protectors or garments xD for a pure str glaiver