Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya
You last visited: Today at 10:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Delay in Shaiya.

Discussion on Delay in Shaiya. within the Shaiya forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question Delay in Shaiya.

hello.

When I'm playing Shaiya, I always have a delay of about 2 or 3 seconds with movements.
I mean for example playing on 2 PCs. When I start moving my toon on the first computer, I only see it moving 2 or 3 second later on my other PC. (When using a skill there is no delay, although I have delay with my HP bar ... You're already dead but you still see yourself alive ^^)

My question is : Am I the only one with this stupid delay ? Or it's shaiya which is so well done that everyone got this problem ?
Cause honestly it's ******* annoying when you're not able to hit someone you see in front of you, or getting hit from someone you don't see yet.

Thx for taking time reading this post, I hope you got some solution for it ^^
Old 11/15/2010, 14:30   #2

yes there is 2-3 sec delay while moving.Not being able to hit is when you get "land obstacle" or "insufficient range" . Which means that the target you hit is out of your attack range, or there is something between you and your targer. Usually there is nothing but it still says "Land obstacle". I am not very well with the map coordinate system, but i think that these issues has to do with the 2-3 sec delay. About getting hit from some1 you cant see, there are 2 posibilities.
1) if you are fighting a mob it gets bugged sometimes and you cant see it.( fixes after relog)
2) getting hits in pvp from invisible person. Usually the person hitting you is at your back. And even the map doesn't flash cuz it works only by sight. I mean your screen needs to point the way of the hitter , you wont be seing it otherway.\
Hope that helps
Old 11/15/2010, 16:04   #3

I already noticed all these things, but thx for confirming them.
But there is nothing to do ? I mean it's ******* annoying to get attacked by a fighter (using stinger). You see the debuf on you but don't see the player. You get hit (see impacts but still none around you hence impossible to target) and when you're finaly down, or not far from this state the guy is finaly here ...

I first thought it was a problem with my ISP or my PC ... but if it's realy the same for everyone ... How can people put so much cash in such a game ? 0_0
Old 11/15/2010, 23:06   #4

There is nothing to do. The game is made this way. Even on the tips it says "be careful in borderlands the opposing forces can swiftly ambush you", i think that is the point of surprise in pvp
Old 11/17/2010, 09:54   #5

Actually the 2-3 secs delay is due to information passing from sever to client about the mob and others toon so the client can load it. This char load time is what cause lag when u enter a area where another toon is there, also the map start blinking only when this info transfer is complete with server.