Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya
You last visited: Today at 23:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Does Anyone Know Why (SoE) Shadows of Etain is Down and not working?

Discussion on Does Anyone Know Why (SoE) Shadows of Etain is Down and not working? within the Shaiya forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Does Anyone Know Why (SoE) Shadows of Etain is Down and not working?

Can Someone Explain to me how this happen. Why Did Two Servers go out at the same time without any explanation?. By Two Servers i mean Shadows of etain and Shaiya Nova.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/11/2011, 01:43   #2

ya i've been trying to get on SoE for 3 days now they close server or it crash or what??
Old 04/11/2011, 20:23   #3

SoE is dead. From what I was told "Terry [Host of the server] shut it down for non-payment."
Old 04/11/2011, 20:27   #4

Guys... They ran out with your money...
At least these ps's were up more than we all thought...
GM's are the same person on both servers... If you remember GS Edward did the advertisement of SoE from Nova 3 months ago...so this is not rare for me.
Enjoy other server...and you now how to recognize those ppl if they're making more **** like this...no one of pserver got a onebip option to donate.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/11/2011, 23:42   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellota View Post
GM's are the same person on both servers... If you remember GS Edward did the advertisement of SoE from Nova 3 months ago...so this is not rare for me.
Enjoy other server...and you now how to recognize those ppl if they're making more **** like this...
Sorry to tell you hun, you're really, really wrong. Nova and SoE were run by completely different people... unless you think GM Awan from Nova just *pretended* to speak broken English the whole time? And SoE was up and running under Tak long before the Nova drama started happening...

On top of that (and furthering your mistaken claims), GS Edward on Nova had his account hacked and was subsequently banned from the server. Both Edward and GS Bella had moved on from Nova long before that happened (due to no GMs helping with anything. Ever). So just because one person advertised on Nova for SoE, doesn't automatically mean it's all the same staff, or that they're run by the same GMs. Not spreading rumors you don't know the facts of would be wise.

So yeah, 2 different GMs ran away with people's money; but hey, isn't that the growing trend these days? Nova and SoE were both good servers, even if they were greatly flawed. They had their times to thrive, and they vanished. It happens to all servers eventually. I just hope that eventually someone makes a good one, with non-corrupted staff, that lasts for a while. Someday...
Old 04/12/2011, 00:02   #6

Hello fans of Shaiya bad to hear these things. I same as You had account on Nova server and now when is gone I'm missing daily play, so I want to make my own server for all and no payments wont be needed whatsoever, just need your help with setting things up. All interested peoples who want to help or know other who can help please post me.
Old 04/12/2011, 00:09   #7

well i guess i go back to pandora for a few till i find another server, and that what happens when kids try to run there own server THEY CANT HANDLE IT or r to greedy to mot take ppl's money!!!!!
Old 04/12/2011, 05:00   #8

Received Thanks: 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindowShopper View Post
SoE is dead. From what I was told "Terry [Host of the server] shut it down for non-payment."
This is as close to the truth as you can get.

For 3 weeks, I was running SoE by myself, without a word from Terry or Cyde. Then on Friday, I was removed without warning from SQL/Remote Desktop/Forums, guess I probably deserved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnelis View Post
I can't say for certain if the server will be back, On Friday, my access to the SQL Server, Remote Desktop, and forums were all removed without warning by the other owner. After which, he took the server down, and never brought it back up. I can't say if it'll come back, but honestly, I'd like to hope so, I know quite a few players had fun playing there.

I'm sorry it's ending this way, and I wish my old players of Shadows of Etain the best. =/

-Tyler
That was posted in the Advertisement thread. =/

-Tyler
Old 04/12/2011, 06:19   #9

tyler Men is good to hear from u ^^

But Hopefully u can Try to find out more info and u can try to get it back or atleast make a new Pserver for us cuz i really loved that server. It was one of the best im gonna mad thou that the owner will do that when things where getting better i was even going to make an event on tuesday and now it wont event happen.

P.S. This is The .JOKER. Aswell Hope everything gets better and they bring the server back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_batman_vs_superman1.jpg (3.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 04/15/2011, 03:03   #10

I'm sad to hear that happen, several friends and I were thinking it was aeria threatening the server company or something. Still, thank you for sticking around and letting us know what is going on Tyler.

Me and several others are hoping you bring the server back, because we were enjoying ourselves. So when SoE returns, we will be eagerly awaiting.

GL no matter what decisions you make.
Old 04/18/2011, 18:38   #11

any news tyler?
Old 04/18/2011, 18:46   #12

*Sigghh* back to Pandora for me too i guess.. =\
see who ever was from SoE in pvp
.-Beelzebub-.