Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Discussion on [Release] shStudio 0.7.5 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 03/10/2016, 00:27   #361

elite*gold: 0
if you would add the feature where it give you server npcquest.sdata when you save it like before i would be happy happy too castor and thanks alot for this tool. it's a life saver
Old 03/10/2016, 03:05   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCronus View Post
if you would add the feature where it give you server npcquest.sdata when you save it like before i would be happy happy too castor and thanks alot for this tool. it's a life saver
I assume you have connected ShStudio to your server directory "ShaiyaServer\PSM_Client" (you must have for ShStudio to generate SQL scripts). ShStudio will automatically update the NpcQuest.SData in "ShaiyaServer\PSM_Client\Bin\Data" so this feature is already implemented.

You can test this by checking the 'Date modified' data on this file after editing the one from your Client data.
Old 03/10/2016, 04:41   #363

7.5.5 works?
Old 03/10/2016, 08:34   #364

Sorry, I am still using 0.7.5.7. I didn't realise castor removed it from the downloads, I'm not sure about 0.7.5.5 although I guarantee it will be in his next version.
Old 03/10/2016, 14:24   #365

thanks
Old 03/16/2016, 14:37   #366

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallerus View Post
I assume you have connected ShStudio to your server directory "ShaiyaServer\PSM_Client" (you must have for ShStudio to generate SQL scripts). ShStudio will automatically update the NpcQuest.SData in "ShaiyaServer\PSM_Client\Bin\Data" so this feature is already implemented.

You can test this by checking the 'Date modified' data on this file after editing the one from your Client data.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCronus View Post
7.5.5 works?
Yes, it works fine in 0.7.5.5.

As indicated by Wallerus, the saving in plain format of the NpcQuest.sdata file in a "server repository" folder only requires that you setup your server directory.
If it is done, the file is saved (not ciphered) there, while it is saved ciphered from its original location (usually the "NPC" folder of a workspace).

Note that there is a (possibly painful) side effect bug in the current implementation: if the handled file is a not-localised file; meaning a file w/o text fields that comes with one or several language files (NpcQuestTrans_XXX.sdata) present in the same directory; shStudio loads it and appends the texts read from the currently selected language file *but* it doesn't store that file format indicator; so if you later save the file, it is saved using the old format (meaning an unique file containing binary data *and* text fields); that saved file is 100% compliant with a legacy client, but if you try to re-open it with shStudio, shStudio will first detect that translation file(s) is/are present in the folder and thus will try to read a not-localised file, consequently it crashs (possibly it takes a while to crash since it reads Mb byte by byte (confusion often occur in the loading of the quests chains).
To prevent the bug, move the localisation files once no longer required - or don't save not localised file.

The point is "more or less" fixed in next release - where "more is less" means that since I never receive any feedbacks / requests / comments regarding the use of shStudio to edit *and* generate files in "episo 6 format", I simply don't know if such case has to be handled and how (could be replacement / update of language files or preservation of these files).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/16/2016, 15:12   #367

7.5.3 save it not 7.5.5, i tried 7.5.5 but nothing got saved but 7.5.3 save it under serverPSM_Client\Bin\Data so thanks i got it working
Old 03/18/2016, 13:11   #368

hello,
just wanted to have a precision...

i generate from Binary the monsterEx, then i record it in ep 6.2 format because Monster in 6.2 also.
When i reload the whole workspace to open back Monster.sdata, ShStudio Close directly no error nothing...
generate monsterEx : binary Import caption then generate monsterEx...

to make it Work i should let the monsterEx in format 5.
is it a mistake from me with the managing ep 6.2 format or there is kinda conflict with the program ?.
Thank You very much
Old 03/18/2016, 18:16   #369

about skills. i found out i can use 7.5.0 for editing skills but skills like mayfly/reflector skill use abilitytype 0 and abilityvalue 1 if i look at ep 5 where this worked. but 7.5.0 gray out abilityvalue if abilitytype is 0. hope this is fixed too. or as i said before manualy editing under raw skills. idk if anyone else can do this as it seems to mess up the scripts or in so way the skill file.

thanks

about the monster skills and stuff like that atm i make the changes i need then i copy the files it selfs (sdata) and make them like you said ep 5 and copy the copy back.

only way i seen it can be done atm. we all hope this is fixed in next release:-)
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2016, 10:29   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
oki, so I miss ur point.

I already answer to this request, don't I ?
to be clear: the "All Items" list of version 0.7.6+ supports the (so called) "in-place edition".

the release of the 0.7.6.0 was planned for next Saturday (its 5th birthday) but it may require more days.

No new for output v. 0.7.6.0?

I'm really looking forward to trying
Old 03/22/2016, 21:20   #371

NpcQuest.Sdata

Hello,

i see that the latest version of NPCquest.Sdata cant be open with ShStudio...
here the 2 files existing in the OS client.
if you get some tips ... out to take an other one

Kind Regards and thx in advance !

Virus Total
Attached Files
File Type: zip Npc.zip (1.20 MB, 23 views)
Old 03/27/2016, 16:53   #372

Received Thanks: 3,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diavolino_ View Post
Hello,
i see that the latest version of NPCquest.Sdata cant be open with ShStudio...
here the 2 files existing in the OS client.
The US client (you forgot to indicate where that file comes from) use localised sdata files since months, so the issue is not new and the patch was already posted.

What's the issue ? when early releases were published (including the 0.7.5.5) the US client didn't use localised files (it did use an unique "NpcQuest.Sdata" file containing binary data and text fields); I wrote the appl with the assumption that we will use the postfix "ENGLISH" (european clients use "FRANCE", "GERMANY", "ITALY", ...); when they switch to new format (one binary file + one text file) they choose "USA" as postfix; so shStudio was not able to detect & use the text file.

The workaround was posted months ago (I let you do the search on *that* thread of a post containing the word "ENGLISH" & "USA"; either I'm too stupid to do such search or ePvP forgot to consider that a search among +370 posts can be helpful); to repeat it: open shShudio with an hex editor (like HxD - ) seartch for "ENGLISH" (offset 0x155A04) replace it with "USA\0\0\0" ('55 53 41 00 00 00 00'), save it & open your file.

hmm, looks like there is another issue; I didn't see any differencies with this file and I open it w/o trouble with the current (working) release but I fail to open it with (patched) 0.7.5.5
it wasn't simple & obvious ... sorry.

Edit: the patched version 0.7.5.5 (with "USA" instead of "ENGLISH") sucesses to open the file if it belongs to the current workspace (and if current language is settled to "English").
It fails to open it when the file is simply dropped on the main frame with or w/o opened workspace.
This has been improved with 0.7.6; with 0.7.5.5 you must open the file from its workspace.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/28/2016, 11:42   #373

thx You for your return Castor,
i was search a lot about this, and as you precise there is a lot of coment so yeah...
i will apply this working aroung to modify and use the file

Thanks again for your Support !

Kind Regards

EDIT : So as you precise it, the settings of shstudio need to be in prefered language as ENGLISH. Thanks It Works !
Old 04/06/2016, 17:03   #374

shStudio 0.7.6
When to come?
Old 04/09/2016, 15:13   #375

with sh tool 0.7.5.5 i keep getting this on a few monsters

many other work great, any idea why?

sorry i figuered it out my self LOL was too much gold set on them. sorry