Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] shStudio 0.7.5

Discussion on [Release] shStudio 0.7.5 within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 02/23/2015, 19:27   #226

elite*gold: 0
thanks i'm going to download and test..
Old 02/25/2015, 01:58   #227

Thank you so much for this update tool
Old 02/27/2015, 01:44   #228

Hello Castor,

I recently noticed an error that I have encountered. I have been using the 0.7.5.5 ShStudio for almost everything since it is a marvelous tool. I recently used it for editing ITM files as you can see here.

However, it occurred to me that when saving ITM files in the workspace and opening it with the older version of ShStudio (0.7.1 to be specific), the fields are 'mixed' and 'duplicated' in a weird way. Here is the outcome when opening it in the older version.

From this Screenshot, it is difficult to say that the ITM fields were 'duplicated', but there are duplicated fields in earlier model #s like so:

Although, when opening the workspace once again, the ITM files are easily read as it was in the first Screenshot which was a surprise to me. I have even tried using earlier versions prior to the 0.7.5.5 to see if it would fix it, but had no luck. If you are willing to, please find a way to fix this issue.
Thank you very much Castor.
Old 02/27/2015, 03:29   #229

Same thing (ah Hyga997) happened to me, but sadly I don't know when or which version I was using.
Old 02/27/2015, 04:03   #230

from this picture, you can see many time the same model but you should see the GLOW is different -1 0 1 2 3 that corresponding to
-1 No GLOW
Here Blue Orange Green and Blue BUT i dont remind the order xD
0 ; 1 ; 2 ; 3

For the other problem did you try to check the problem with Python Tools To see if at base ITM were not '**** up' because as original file try to Extract it with python tools without getting error, if you get you need a correct repack i think to make it work well

Regards

hope was a little help...
Old 03/04/2015, 00:51   #231

Received Thanks: 3,359
@GGorgon:
I have no immediate explanation for the garbage displayed in desc field.
The item name looks correct, is it valid? (I don't read russian to be sure).
Your 3rd pict shows a corrupted item name while it was valid before; does it mean that validating the dialog corrupts the name (from a valid russian text to garbage) ?

@ytuongsieuviet: shStudio can *not* be unicode because the game is not unicode, it always uses 8-bit chars and a specific code page to display the characters of the supposed-displayed language. this old & weak method is the reason of our current trouble. (the current issue with russian).

@Hyuga997: duplicate entries are common in ITM as explained by Diavolino. when Skulleron / Astenes maps were created, the mobs came with drops of elemental weapons, they all use duplicated models (4 entries for 4 elements depicted by 4 colors). so some entries may appears duplicated but the Glow parameter is usually unique - and it is the case in your 3rd pict (prntscr.com/6aapon).
regarding records #70 - 102, if the pict 1 & 2 actually shows the same file with shStudio 0.7.5.x (prntscr.com/6aamh7) and 0.7.1 (prntscr.com/6aap2x), several points perturb the analysis.
prior to 0.7.5, all columns were filled with "n/a" when basic format is used, these columns are now empty and only filled with numerical values when extended format is used. second I'm not sure 0.7.1 was able to manage any kind of names but possibly was only able to manage names made of 5 digits (whose first 2 are the name of the ITM file).
If your sole concern was duplicated records, each of them with a specific Glow value; your file is possibly free of errors. If you are sure there is some errors (because data aren't kept across saving, and file crashs the game or shShudio itself, thank you to detail the problem since right now I don't known what was your issue.

@Diavolino:
- I do not success to replicate a crash with Ctrl+F; but for several files, the search bar doesn't show up.
which file was edited? possibly which sequence leads to a crash?
- drop bags view of item.sdata is fixed (not published)
- GateKeeper issue to be invested

EU Client:
- I do not observe a crash during th expansion of the current (version 236) european client.
I obtain 38746 files and 375 folders; the whole top folder uses 4.41 Go (4.745.732.632 bytes) so less than the 4.962.080.834 bytes of the data.saf but the difference can be due to all updated files; each time an existing file is replaced by a larger one during the update, all bytes of the previous file are lost, they cannot be reused by another file later downloaded during the update because only current and new files are compared, if the new file is 1 byte (or more) longer than the old file, it cannot be stored in the data.saf and is ended at the end (and there is no holes manager to store the positions / sizes of all files updated files).
In order to double-check the impact of all garbage present in the data.saf, you can expand a data.saf and then create a new archive with all files, then copy that new archive that does not contain garbage for reference and expand it, then repack it to obtain a 2nd clean archive and compare it with the first obtained; only some diffs between these 2 data.saf are relevant; the size of the orginal (created by update.exe) data.saf is not relevant of anything; and yes, after years, and worse decades, the amount of garbage in data.sah can be very huge - and the size of my data.sah, 4.962.080.834 can be very different of your).
The packing process is the same for all folders and all files; so if a folder is parsed / created and a file is created; all files of all folders will be created; unless invalid names (they are supposed to be valid names, so some characters are forbidden), offset (they are coded on 64-bits) or lengths (32-bits); if it happens you will list the files when you open the data.sah with shStudio and you willl be able to open all files until you find one with invalid offset or length - data from given offset within data.sah are read when the file is double-clicked in file-tree.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/04/2015, 13:41   #232

Thanks you For explanation and happy to see you again.

My issue i get it whe i was in NPCQuestData, i was searching an NPC and crash the program because of CTRL + f or because i used search in menu.

Second issue about the problem with ITM that @Hyuga997 receive i think i understand what he means, i took and itm clean, that i can manage without error in python, then i use sh studio just to record the file, then when we passed bach with studio 071 here its the mess, all row doesnt correspond, i was thinking more of difference of Programation of Shstudio, but out That there is no interest to use Shstudio 071, ateast Out of Skill untill that you fixed it, use 075 instead of. Because really it look that the old version read differently the file. i could check an exemple to post it.

about the eu client will try that will let know evolution

Best Regards ! and thanks for your support and precious Help

EDIT:
I was try to make what you were telling but i think i miss an etap...
Quote:
In order to double-check the impact of all garbage present in the data.saf
I open Data;SAf eu, i have it in Shstudio, then i could read all files with no problem, i extract and yeah here the problem, as its miss much files and folder the Half workspace Created cant be open to be recreated...
as you were propose to recreated the archive but if i open the archive it cant be recreated it self.
Could you give me some more Tips to arrive to the point ?

Thanks
Old 03/04/2015, 16:44   #233

ITM issue:
ok, I got the issue; shStudio 0.7.1 was (clearly) bugged. 075 seems correct, I will do some additional verifications and will post results.
EDIT: the indexing of duplicated filenames was invalid with 071; 075 behaves finely.

SAF:
<< as its miss much files and folder >> how many files & folders do you obtain ?

I proposed you to expand the data.saf (File / New Workspace) then to create new archive (Open Workspace (on just expanded files) then Save as Archive).
The new archive should then be used with the (offical) client, and the game should run fine.
Of course, the size of regenerated archive won't be identical to the size of the data.saf managed by the update.exe; so direct comparison are not possible. A comparison of number of files is a good test but shStudio doesn't display the "archive properties" once you open a .saf file.

If after expanding an archive to a new folder, several folders are not present (eg "world" or "terrain" or whatever) then there is an issue with the .saf; if the progress bar displayed during expansion of files does not go to 100%, it is *normal*; the progression is computed as the cumulative amount of processed files divided by the total size of the data.saf; that total size includes all garbage (all updated files writen to the end of archive because they were larger than previous version) so the percent cannot go up to 100% unless there is no garbage at all (data.saf never updated).

You indicate that US client can be expanded, process it and the EU one and compare number of files / folders; I also indicated I obtain "38746 files and 375 folders", I was waiting for your figures.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/04/2015, 19:25   #234

i have seen that to open a workspace we need to get at minimum all files SDATA to open it.
As you can see i dont got the totality. and as you told the progression bar stop in middle.

in more i get 24697 files 168 folders
Size : 2.36 gb 2 540 920 867 oc
Size disk : 2.42 gb 2 608 443 392 oc

and the folder game aeria

is it can help you ? and effectively i dont get world folder monsters etc

thank you
Old 03/04/2015, 21:52   #235

ok ... and your disk is not full ? (just to be sure...)

an invalid folder name will stop the process, but such error is very unexpected.
we need a version with strong test controls to understand the issue - right now I consider that files are finely created or process must abort (and only because of a full disk - the archive / arc. index is not supposed to be invalid - if it is, it is known to be invalid since game client will crash with it).
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/04/2015, 22:51   #236

Castor ive noticed something about the skill.sdata the skills will not open if you do not have it in archive
Old 03/05/2015, 15:06   #237

Hello
I did back some test about extraction of EUropean client,
and still the same problem i got like 8.6 gb free and after the short extraction
the weight of folder is 2.36 gb / on disk 2.42 gb.
so it rest me a little more than 6gb on disk. so yeah i have space for this operation.
I will download again a "clean" european to see what its happened.

Thank you

EDIT :
I download a new client was trying to extract on a clean hard disk and was not working but that clean hard disk work on my other laptop that means could be an error windows or in conflict with something.
Thank You for Your Help Castor, and if you need some details more to investigate Why it doesnt work i could give you If not on other laptop it works as In start !

In more, does it exist a way to transform in mass the file 3DC monster and to make them compatible to our client ? because i was using it but i start 1 by 1 via studio. is a command more fast ?

Thank You Much !
and i am happy to find my file working back to other laptop but *.* its works xD.
Old 03/08/2015, 10:12   #238

ok, so if your disk has free space left, it shall not stop; a cluster can have default, the disk controller is supposed to detect it and skip it; not being able to store data (to create a new file and write it) while there is +/- 4GB free should not happen ... unless something strange and unexpected (even not though) happen; a log of last performed operations and error of last operation will help but they are not available in current appl, I will add something in next version.
Another possible reason could be a reading error, if the archive was written over invalid clusters - or if one of the used cluster is no longer readable, the process will stop (w/o information), the code should report the name of the file not extracted and try to follow the extraction process. Also to be implemented in next update.

Regarding bulk transformation of .3DC, there is currently no way to do it; all options I had think of (such as displaying format version in a new column of the treelist view) are too much time consuming. Explicit (upon user action) check of all files of a selected folder should be an option. Yet another new development...
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/09/2015, 04:59   #239

ThankYou much for this precise answer and the new feature that you want to add will apparently be great and helpfull to investigate to such of problem.
regarding the 3DC i do it by hand, one by one, and in same time you discover the diversity ^^

kind regards !

EDIT : (add some question)

Hello,
Sorry if its not the right place to ask it, but its relative to ShStudio.
Just, i would like to know why same after converting the files 3dc of some monster / Mon file to episode 4&5 then i update it, the definition of the monster are likely messed up ? but i see it well in shstudio...

because the file were not existing on client just update them is it the possibility that created all that linear texture in game ? i made the update manually with intregration of 3DC & DDS Ani Mon and effect but the monster make some kinda Big Bug in Game limit sgraphic...
i got some other working but when they attack they are invisible... !!!

Could you precise me the good way to make them functionnal please ?

Thank You
Old 03/10/2015, 15:57   #240

In More Is It possible to get similar function as 'Replace' for the "dg" file ?
Because there is much segment sometimes we could replace the texture more easier as to replace the original like this if other dg file are use share files it doesnt change everywhere.
Its just an idea...