Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 20:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] New updater from OS (french)

Discussion on [Release] New updater from OS (french) within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow [Release] New updater from OS (french)

Hey,
After searching for a while, i finally found the way to make this updater running for pservers, this is a bit different to US updater but it looks pretty so i wanted it and now i share it to you

Here is a screen how it looks

Here are the required things to make it working.
1) Follow the tutorial to setup your updater that you can find here on elitepvpers (if i remember, it's attached on index of shaiya development sticky thread of johnheatz)
2) Just search for a new line that is NOT on the mentionned ones from the tutorial:
Code:
 shaiya-fr.patch.aeriagames.com
If you don't find it it's like 35-40 lines after the TEST_IP line.

Last thing is in the Version.ini(client file) file and checkversion.ini(server file).
On the first line you'll have:
Code:
CheckVersion=3
You must change it to:
Code:
CheckVersion=2
Done, it should work correctly (works for me so..)

Credits to Aeria Games or Nexon or whoever made this updater

Edit: I forgot, if you want to translate it in english or whatever langage you want, you just have to edit the bitmap images for the button 'jouer' (= play).

Now it's in english version. credits goes to potheadpewe for translating
Attached Files
File Type: zip Updater.zip (1.41 MB, 804 views)
Thanks
19 Users
Old 03/17/2013, 02:33   #2

thanks for the share i didnt know that nexon or aeria games were capable of an updater that awesome

I liked it so much that I did all I could to make it English. Thank you Google translate. So here is the Updater.exe with I hope almost all the errors in English, and the pesky bitmap files that I extracted edited but cant seem to get back in with the tool I got so if someone could help me with that little problem.
All the IP's are set to 127.0.0.1

For those who want them:
Virus Scan for my file:

Virus Scan for infinite59's file:
Attached Files
File Type: zip Updater Somewhat English.zip (2.77 MB, 532 views)
Thanks
5 Users
Old 03/17/2013, 13:26   #3

If you edited your bitmap files, post them please and i'll import them then i'll add the english version on the top.
I'm a nuub graphiser so i'll not make it since it will look ugly as hell ^^
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/17/2013, 22:37   #4

They are in the zip and that would be bad *** thanks.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/18/2013, 00:14   #5

done, i changed the uploaded version to an english version
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/18/2013, 06:45   #6

here is the background html file for the updater, only thing is I cant seem to find where random background offers are located in the file, thats the only problem I can see with this file atm.

Feel free to help me out by finding that pesky part of the code and this way we can have both the updater and the background available for this release lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip Updater.html.zip (5.8 KB, 288 views)
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/18/2013, 08:35   #7

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
good job u both i appreciate ur work alot ö.ö going to use that updater
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/18/2013, 11:37   #8

it's here
Code:
   </head>
            <body scroll="no">
        <!-- <div id="noticeWindow"> -->
            <div id="bodyWin" class="pgImg"> 
                <div id="bannerContent">
                <!-- SYFR_LAUNCHER -->
                    <div id='div-gpt-ad-1337011588506-0' style='width:786px; height:482px;'>
                        <script type='text/javascript'>
                            googletag.cmd.push(function() { googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1337011588506-0'); });
                        </script>
                    </div>  
                </div>
Change to this
Code:
   </head>
            <body scroll="no">
        <!-- <div id="noticeWindow"> -->
            <div id="bodyWin" class="pgImg"> 
                <div id="bannerContent">
                <!-- SYFR_LAUNCHER -->
                    <div id='div-gpt-ad-1337011588506-0' style='width:786px; height:482px;'>
                    </div>  
                </div>
Background looks a bit ugly (for me so) but it's up to you to change it
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/18/2013, 16:28   #9

Received Thanks: 3,359
the background image is defined by this piece of script but changing the pict or having a random pict is not performed by the suggested modification.

a) about google-scripts

it's google, so never search for any functional services there, it's only google.
so advices, tracking, advices, and tracking again.

my C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts contains (among a lot of other lines):

127.0.0.1 partner.googleadservices.com

and of course, the Shaiya FR updater works fine, but w/o ******* adv. tracking.

b) about shaiya fr

the pict used as background is defined by the 'pgImg' style applied to the 'bodyWin' div. and infinite locates it correctly, but the actually used pict file is (if randomness applies) chosen by the server when it built the page sent to your updater.

the 'pgImg' style is defined (on provided zip) as:

Code:
.pgImg {
   background:url('http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy215/danrad7/pic_background_zps5665cb32.jpg') no-repeat 0 0;
}

the image actually used by the FR server is
so these picts from the 'danrad7' account on photobucket is may be the result of local rewriting.

c) about your own page

the "FR-updater" works exactly the same than the US one, it uses an URL to display whatever you include in the returned page, and of course this can include links to your registration pages, (dynamic & up to date) information on events, and random picts.

the FR updater displays the page with URL:

you can change it with whatever relevant for you, including a server-side generated page (eg [code]http://myHost.xyz/updater/index.php[code]).
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/18/2013, 23:24   #10

awesome thanks for the insite Castor and thanks for the help infinate just one last thing....

Forum High Five
Old 03/21/2013, 18:49   #11

infinite59, 167.bmp file, but I put a picture of your own custom "white" does a places that I want. I wonder how can I do Bun. Transparency is a kind of want it to be.

Sorry Bad English.

İmage is Big :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg update_trans.jpg (13.2 KB, 165 views)
Thanks
5 Users
Old 03/22/2013, 03:22   #12

you must take into account the whole thing.
the program uses a (background-)bitmap instead of the classical frame (the one drawn by windows and specific for a system / theme). in the top frame of this program (in its top-window) there is a child window which is an Internet component (a viewer that uses the IE's component to display a web page).
that page will contains whatever you define (here nothing, since the url was invalid or unreachable - error 404).

you must define a background image in your web page so that the 2nd bitmap displays the exact clipped part (the missing part of the top bitmap that is clipped by the web component).
2 options: you define a bitmap with the missing part (and not a single additional pixel or the web component will displayed unexpected scrollbars) or you use the same (full) bitmap and use required styles to offset & clip the image in right position and right size.

working example:

the clipped image for the inside part can be:

and the notice.html (or whatever) page can be:

the important part is the style of the 'body' section, meaning:
HTML Code:
background: url('inside.jpg') no-repeat fixed left top;
you will insert your own url/image name there.

and you obtain:
Thanks
6 Users
Old 03/22/2013, 21:43   #13

Dear castor4878, Thank you for Answeer. But Don't Understand you. My problem "bitmap" on file.Blue unseen areas of the original file. but I can not do it.

Notice : epvpimg site not allowed .bmp file extention. me change extention .png
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/23/2013, 00:47   #14

Dear GM Nvia some times you just need to ask a search engine...I have not tested it but here.

Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/23/2013, 01:22   #15

I'm also NOT sure to understand you.

obvious reminder: google translator can help you!

so let's assume that your question was actually:
how to clip the bitmap used by the updater window itself?

background:
to draw windows like arbitrary shapes, a program has to modify the region (Cf HRGN, ExtCreateRegion and SetWindowRgn) associated to these windows.
the "region" is (more or less) an 1-bit mask that define the visible part of the window; classic window have a rectangular region.

In order to create a not rectangular region, one can draw the shape that defines the region with primitive functions, it's fine for basic shape (an ellipse for instance) or we can create the shape from a bitmap, it is required when the final shape has a lot of details.

the updater uses obviously the 2nd option, it uses the bitmap #126 to generate a valid region ... how ?
a good answer would be from the alpha channel of that bitmap stored in resource.
unfortunately, the GUI, and generally speaking Win32, API make very poor use of alpha channel information; and for this need, no function creates a region from the alpha channel of a bitmap.

and because the system does not do it, we have to do it ourself; the method is to use a specific color for the transparent part of the region; with this simple criterion, all the points of the bitmap are scanned for inclusion in the region if they use a different color and ignore them otherwise.

here is one possible implementation of this works:

next question: what is the "magic" transparent color (the blue in original bitmap). it is up to the developer !... some algos will use the top-left point (coords 0:0) to get the transparent color.

/background.

now what about your picture ?...

at point (0,0) you have white (FF, FF, FF) so all white points should not be include and instead they should define the transparent part of the mask ...
expect if the developer didn't use that point.
so first try: do NOT use a white transparent color but the blue used by the original pict (meaning 00,00,F3 and strictly that value).

next thing to take into account: your pict is anti-aliased, the white becomes very light gray, then gray/brown; in most of the cases you can NOT do that, the limit between the mask (in blue) and the drawn pict shall be clear (high contrast) or the result may be ugly.
Thanks
3 Users