Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 05:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release]Email Verification Registration

Discussion on [Release]Email Verification Registration within the Shaiya PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,286
[Release]Email Verification Registration

*Note to the mods before I begin* I know I have a previous thread relating to this exact (almost) thing []. But I thought I should make a new thread for it, as the old one was made when I was a horrible PHP developer (not saying I'm good now, just better than I was) and it's highly inefficient and should be forgotten about.

I just finished reworking this registration that I had made awhile back when I was first learning PHP. I cleaned up a lot of it, and made it overall more efficient, though probably not as efficient as most people on here could do.

To use this, add it to your web server, and navigate to register.php. You must first add a table to your database, and edit config.php to add your SMTP User/Pass. As of now, I currently use PHPMailer, and have it configured to use gmail. You can edit this if you wish.

You must edit these variables in config.php:
PHP Code:
// Database configuration parameters
$db_host "127.0.0.1"//Your database host
$db_user "Shaiya"//Your database username
$db_pass "Shaiya123"//Your database password

//Configuration for email (Configured for gmail currently)
$smtp_user ""//Your gmail email | ex. 
$smtp_pass "yourpassword"//Your gmail password
$reply_to_email "your reply to email"//Email players can reply to
$reply_to_name "your name/server's name"//Can be your server's name 
After doing that, add this table to your database:
PHP Code:
USE [PS_UserData]
GO
/****** Object:  Table [dbo].[User_Verification]    Script Date: 01/24/2012 13:40:58 ******/
SET ANSI_NULLS ON
GO
SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
GO
SET ANSI_PADDING ON
GO
CREATE TABLE 
[dbo].[User_Verification](
    [
UserID] [varchar](18NOT NULL,
    [
VerifyKey] [varchar](maxNOT NULL,
    [
RegisterDate] [datetimeNOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_User_Verification_RegisterDate]  DEFAULT (getdate()),
    [
VerifiedDate] [datetimeNULL,
    [
isVerified] [bitNOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_User_Verification_isVerified]  DEFAULT ((0))
ON [PRIMARY]

GO
SET ANSI_PADDING OFF 

I hope you enjoy this script, and it all works well for you. I've tested it and it works. What it does, is register the user with a status of -5 (one of the various banned status'), then adds the UserID/VerifyKey to the table you insert into your database. Once the user goes to his email, and clicks the link, it checks if the key exists, and hasn't been used (so the same key can't be used twice for the same user, so the user can't use it to unban his account if he's naughty). If the key is found, it'll show the key as verified in the new table and set the user as a normal user.

If you find any bugs, or have any comments, I'll be glad to know.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Register.rar (29.4 KB, 2046 views)
Thanks
42 Users
Old 03/05/2012, 16:46   #2

This works with ep4 servers too?
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/05/2012, 17:00   #3

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Registration is the same regardless of the EP of the server
Thanks
4 Users
Old 03/12/2012, 00:18   #4

where do I put these files to?
Old 03/12/2012, 02:23   #5

They belong on a web server, as they are web pages.
Old 03/19/2012, 16:56   #6

I have installed all correctily but....

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxxxxxx.com\httpdocs\Register\PH PMailer\class.phpmailer.php:820 Stack trace: #0 C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxxxxx.com.de\httpdocs\Register\ PHPMailer\class.phpmailer.php(705): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() #1 C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxxxxx.com\httpdocs\Register\PHP Mailer\class.phpmailer.php(576): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Mon, 19 M...', '--b1_c889ca5b2f...') #2 C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxxxxx.com\httpdocs\Register\ver ify.php(69): PHPMailer->Send() #3 {main} thrown in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\xxxxxx.com\httpdocs\Register\PHP Mailer\class.phpmailer.php on line 820
Old 04/17/2012, 01:07   #7

hi . this script orking in DB ep4.5?
Old 04/17/2012, 05:51   #8

It works on any database.. as long as the user database is set up correctly..
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/18/2012, 08:48   #9

this is for register page or email verfication?
Old 05/19/2012, 05:38   #10

It's a registration page with email verification.
Old 07/03/2012, 01:20   #11

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'Invalid address: Bienvenue' in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php:462 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php(440): PHPMailer->AddAnAddress('ReplyTo', 'Bienvenue', 'Dragon') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\mail.php(16): PHPMailer->AddReplyTo('Bienvenue', 'Dragon') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\verify.php(68): require_once('C:\xampp\htdocs...') #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php on line 462
Old 07/03/2012, 05:49   #12

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'Invalid address: Bienvenue' in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php:462 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php(440): PHPMailer->AddAnAddress('ReplyTo', 'Bienvenue', 'Dragon') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\mail.php(16): PHPMailer->AddReplyTo('Bienvenue', 'Dragon') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\verify.php(68): require_once('C:\xampp\htdocs...') #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php on line 462

Invalid email adress i think, add this @something.com after Bienvenue.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/12/2012, 00:32   #13

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php:820 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php(705): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php(576): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Thu, 12 J...', '--b1_9b41f0ff7c...') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\verify.php(69): PHPMailer->Send() #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php on line 820
Old 07/12/2012, 08:56   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracker62 View Post
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php:820 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php(705): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect() #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php(576): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Thu, 12 J...', '--b1_9b41f0ff7c...') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\register\verify.php(69): PHPMailer->Send() #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\register\PHPMailer\class.phpmailer .php on line 820
Your SMTP host is wrong, try to recheck if it is correct.
Old 07/12/2012, 21:22   #15

????