Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 01:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaiya Private Server Video Tutorial

Discussion on Shaiya Private Server Video Tutorial within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old 10/15/2010, 23:55   #31

elite*gold: 0
how u do that
Old 10/16/2010, 18:25   #32

I will create a small video of what I am doing, but from what I have seen / read from this site, I think I am doing it right.
And yea, I done /vchkoff and /nprotectoff They were both successful after I hit enter also.

EDITED
So here is the SQL Installation:
<At this point I restarted my PC>

And Server Installation:
<Sorry for the blurry-ness>

I done what was meant to be done, I get server open but cannot login.
I have been on before.. Twice actually, but no-one else could login to the server (I'm guessing IP address issue maybe).
As you may have seen in my Server Installation video, I opened the .ini files and the folders in my D:\SHAIYA_SERVER directory. I'm not 100% sure if there all set right, but they look right from the times when I could login (But others couldn't).

Thanks in advance
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/17/2010, 23:30   #33

@Jonesy

1. It looks like you're trying to run Aeria's Ep5 files on a Ep3 server unless i missed something in the video.

2. You are correct about your ip address. 127.0.0.1 is a local system address meaning it can only be used and viewed on your system. In order for others to connect to your server, you will have to change most of the ip addresses in the server files.

3. Your game.exe ip address needs to be changed to the address you want others to connect to and you need to forward your router ports.
Old 10/18/2010, 08:59   #34

could someone give me a copy of there ep.4 server files with all that stuff done
Old 10/18/2010, 11:58   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKid View Post
1. It looks like you're trying to run Aeria's Ep5 files on a Ep3 server unless i missed something in the video.
Yes that is correct. Both times I was in the game (as local), I had the same EP5 client files on the EP3 server. However, if this could be the problem, I can always re-install Shaiya and not do any updating. I have the Installer from EP3, and the actual Shaiya Directory already updated (I just install Shaiya, then replace the directory).

Quote:
2. You are correct about your ip address. 127.0.0.1 is a local system address meaning it can only be used and viewed on your system. In order for others to connect to your server, you will have to change most of the ip addresses in the server files.
When I found out that no-one else could log into my server, I thought it was something to do with the IP. So I went to whatsmyip.org copied the IP that was found as my IP and pasted the Server Manager, .INI files, SQL and in the game.exe. I restarted both SQL and Server Manager but when I re-opened Server Manager, there were red X's instead of the Paused state - which it was before I changed IP.

Quote:
3. Your game.exe ip address needs to be changed to the address you want others to connect to and you need to forward your router ports.
When I went to portforward.com I couldn't see my modem at all.. Although I am using a wireless USB lol ... I am guessing either, forwarding router ports is not needed, or you cannot do this on a Wireless net.

Thanks Kali

EDITED
So now I have managed to work out why it wasn't working.
I guess changing the values in the Service Manager then the .INI files, is a big nono. I changed only .INI files to my IP address, and the server is still Paused.

But now another error
When I log on I click which faction I want (Light) click OK (on 3 other windows) then as the screen dims to go to the character page, it just exits the game instead.

No idea why its doing this, I done the exact same things as I did last times when it did work whilst on local. Any ideas please guys?

Thanks in advance
Old 10/20/2010, 01:38   #36

Well first, expect anything to go wrong if your server and client files don't match even if they worked before. I recommend after installing the ep3 server you replace the db files with the new ep5 ones. Second, I won't go into detail on how to set up your routing/addresses as stated in my tut thread, but you need to go back to your tcp/ip protocols in your sql manager, edit your game.exe ip addresses, forward your ports, and adjust your psm_server settings. You might want to go through the other threads for info on how to do that.
Old 10/20/2010, 10:11   #37

Quote:
Well first, expect anything to go wrong if your server and client files don't match even if they worked before. I recommend after installing the ep3 server you replace the db files with the new ep5 ones. Second, I won't go into detail on how to set up your routing/addresses as stated in my tut thread, but you need to go back to your tcp/ip protocols in your sql manager, edit your game.exe ip addresses, forward your ports, and adjust your psm_server settings. You might want to go through the other threads for info on how to do that.

Are there Databases for EP5 in English though? All I seem to be finding are Chinese and Korean Versions. I am currently in the middle of Translating Korean EP5 files to English, I'm using Google Translator so it could take a while lol. And some words in Korean are not correct, I have to find out which symbol thingy is wrong and remove it for the word to make sense
Old 12/08/2010, 00:07   #38

your the best with this tut i finished to get my own server good joob and to work it nicely use guys a fully licensed win xp sp 3 cheers
Old 12/08/2010, 00:10   #39

=)=)=----->
Old 12/10/2010, 17:16   #40

best video tut it works but its an bug in.cant see the mobs on my server only them shadow why?thanx in advance!!
Old 12/20/2010, 17:43   #41

Ok i'm having another issue,i got allright working
now... i selected Light,than it should appear to do "create character" but it locks on loading and my pc its having a **** lagg,any1 knows an answer to that?
Old 12/20/2010, 19:52   #42

ok i got a big problem ........

and yes i press on Start All Server Service

is not first time when i try to make server and i got this problem

i fallow all video i seen it like 5 time i dont know why not workig'

Sorry for me bag englesh
Old 12/21/2010, 11:17   #43

hey i cant even get the green cross,i have tries the registry thing and restarted many times,but it still doesnt work
Old 12/21/2010, 11:44   #44

any idea on me problem Q.Q ?
Old 12/21/2010, 20:35   #45

Smokevl i guess it should work once you installed right the SQL and when you pressed on Instal_server.bat they all worked properly i mean nothing said Failed or something else,have you tried to delete ur SHAIYA_SERVER folder than create a new one and make the steps again with more attention? if not you could try that or... you have just didnt maked something that mistakes ur process like "apply all registry" or something like that,after that the pc has to restart once thats ready presss start all proceses well now.. if it still dosen't work try just to start them 1 by 1 (right click->start) to all of them.. if neither that wont work than.. idk i have passed by those fine but.. i still got my problem with the srver but now.. when i wanna logg into my server,my account works and than.. server show`s Closed instead of smooth or that thing... if anyone has a clue about that answerr me tho,thx in advence... by the way dirt,you`re sure you have done the installation properly i mean.. you`re sure all of them have successed from the install.bat? if not.. you have to redo all the installation and ceck where it brokes,that should make u ready than try to apply registry and restart ,it should be fine...