Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 04:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help request] Unable to update skills

Discussion on [Help request] Unable to update skills within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help request] Unable to update skills

Hey! First of all I'm very sorry if somebody manages to find a previous thread on this topic with a quick search, I searched for anything skill related and found nothing pertaining to my problem.

So I've been having some trouble recently. When I first started working on my server I had no problem whatsoever changing skills and having those changes reflected in game, now I recently noticed a few bugged skills and now that I've finally gotten around to fixing those bugs, the client-side skills.sdata will not update...

When I make a patch using the Data File Tool v2 (which works like a charm for everything else), skills are not affected - the changes go through server-side, only client-side display does not work. (ie. if I change a description, or add a new skill, it does not show up client-side, but if I restrict use of a weapon, that change is applied as it is handled server-side)

So the first problem appears to be that that the skills.sdata is not getting updated when I add the file to a patch. Now for the next part: if I add the entire character folder to the patch, my game crashes after server selection (with no error). The same thing happens if I extract my client files, replace ONLY the skills.sdata with the modified one, and then rebuild client files...

So my question is, does anybody have an idea as to why my skills.sdata is being ignored when I patch, and/or what I can do to get skill modifications taken into account again?

Edit1:So, after having tried a bunch of stuff, it turns out modifying anything whatsoever in the working skills.sdata file results in the file being considered corrupt and therefore being refused during the patching process. If anyone has any idea what is causing the slightest modification to corrupt the file that would be highly appreciated. (Reminder the current, working skills.sdata is the result of having modified quite a few of the skills already previously, but for some reason any new modification via shStudio or a hex editor directly results in a corrupted file)
Old 11/07/2018, 11:13   #2

Are you updating the description of Skill?
Old 11/07/2018, 11:31   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DEV]Elessar View Post
Are you updating the description of Skill?
Yes I am updating the description. The problem is that for some reason, the Skills.SData is not actually being changed on the client even though it is in the patch. It seems like when I run the updater, it just completely ignores the modified file (this only happens for the skills file, all other modifications are taken into account). If I try to add a new skill it doesn't show up in the toon's skills list either (eg. I added Dragon Slayer back for warriors/fighters and even after a skill reset the skill is not present in the client)