Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 00:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Mantle Merhant

Discussion on Mantle Merhant within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Mantle Merhant

why cant i add a mantle merchent to a svmap? everytime i try it doesnt show up, i can spawn the npc manually but it wont show up in the svmap, i can add other npcs to the svmap but for some reason the mantle ones wont show up. does anyone have any ideas? >.<
Old 08/08/2016, 16:05   #2

Received Thanks: 1,399
Yeah, that also happened to us. It seems like some NPC's just refuse to be spawned and you have to spawn them manually after each restart. I still haven't figured out how to put it on a svmap and make sure it remains there.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/08/2016, 19:52   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony69 View Post
Yeah, that also happened to us. It seems like some NPC's just refuse to be spawned and you have to spawn them manually after each restart. I still haven't figured out how to put it on a svmap and make sure it remains there.
well thats dumb, thanks.
Old 08/10/2016, 02:58   #4

Received Thanks: 3,358
what means "other npcs" in your sentence?
do you mean that any merchant (that you defined) can be spawned as long as it does not list mantle, or do you success to spawn all NPCs (type 2 to 13) but merchants (type 1) ?

if you success to spawn merchants, does it mean that all merchant types but the Mantle-Merchant one (subtype 7) can be spawned ?
if so, please confirm that the issue occurs even with empty merchant (npc with no listed items).
if finally all merchant types are spawned but the mantle one, an unexpected check is possibly performed by server (to forbid these NPC outside of capitals - yeah why boring the svr with such stupid test?...); if that's true you have to insert the mantles in the list of any other merchants (not a mantle one); if you edit your NPCQuest with shStudio, I (unfortunately) define the types of available items according to the selected type of merchant - whereas the purpose of the category is only to define the generic description displayed under the NPC name; all merchant types can obviously sell all types of items.
If it offers a way to solve that issue (and possibly others similar) I can (at least) allow generic-merchants (subtype: 0) to sell any items (of not only the types 25, 44 & 100).

thank to let's know about additional tests you may perform.
Old 08/10/2016, 04:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by castor4878 View Post
what means "other npcs" in your sentence?
do you mean that any merchant (that you defined) can be spawned as long as it does not list mantle, or do you success to spawn all NPCs (type 2 to 13) but merchants (type 1) ?

if you success to spawn merchants, does it mean that all merchant types but the Mantle-Merchant one (subtype 7) can be spawned ?
if so, please confirm that the issue occurs even with empty merchant (npc with no listed items).
if finally all merchant types are spawned but the mantle one, an unexpected check is possibly performed by server (to forbid these NPC outside of capitals - yeah why boring the svr with such stupid test?...); if that's true you have to insert the mantles in the list of any other merchants (not a mantle one); if you edit your NPCQuest with shStudio, I (unfortunately) define the types of available items according to the selected type of merchant - whereas the purpose of the category is only to define the generic description displayed under the NPC name; all merchant types can obviously sell all types of items.
If it offers a way to solve that issue (and possibly others similar) I can (at least) allow generic-merchants (subtype: 0) to sell any items (of not only the types 25, 44 & 100).

thank to let's know about additional tests you may perform.
from what i could tell, you can manually spawn them (which is normal), but if you try to add them into the svmap, even if they dont have any items in them (empty) they will not be spawned in. i have not tried with much other merchants, i only had this problem with the mantle one. i will see what i can come up with. thanks for your help.
Old 08/10/2016, 12:12   #6

Check my
Thanks
1 User