Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 08:01

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

think before you do!!!

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
think before you do!!!

it stoped some time back but now it's insane again.

why do ppl have to start up server after server with the same **** over and over again?

i'm all about making stuff how you like it and all that, BUT how good do you think you look when you made 5+ servers with diffrent names and 99% of the same stuff in it?

All should now be abel to setup a server. it's not if you can set it up or not that make you a game owner. it's how you set it up and how you manage it after.

If you failed ones, own up to it and start again. but if you failed 2-3 times it's not all others fault, it's your fault.

It's so hard to look at ppl trying to help servers up and see they fail time and time again. I'm not saying i'm perfect.LOL i have a mirror i can look into and say you failed/suck and so on too. But i never gave up unless ppl gave up. To restart/rename a server 5-10 times, just to get the money ****** me off. the ppl that donate for you want your server to run. they don't want to fund your real life.

If ppl pay you to stay up i think you are obligated to try. a secound try sure. even mabe a 3rd, but change the name of the server up too 8-10 times. i mean do you sleep good with your self? your not only killing the trust in servers. but your killing shaiya it self too. none want to play anymore becouse of ppl that take other ppl's money and shut down again..

Sorry this just ****** me off. i hade to say something.

Think before you setup a server. what do i have that make this server special? why should ppl play mine ? when you have the answers and you your self want to pay for it to stay up if it's bad for a few month, then start looking for host. NOT before you have a server working in your home.

Make it work, then look for host and then publish it, IF you realy think it would be fun to play.

Thanks
12 Users
Old 05/11/2016, 14:54   #2

Received Thanks: 1,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCronus View Post
it stoped some time back but now it's insane again.

why do ppl have to start up server after server with the same crap over and over again?

i'm all about making stuff how you like it and all that, BUT how good do you think you look when you made 5+ servers with diffrent names and 99% of the same stuff in it?

All should now be abel to setup a server. it's not if you can set it up or not that make you a game owner. it's how you set it up and how you manage it after.

If you failed ones, own up to it and start again. but if you failed 2-3 times it's not all others fault, it's your fault.

It's so hard to look at ppl trying to help servers up and see they fail time and time again. I'm not saying i'm perfect.LOL i have a mirror i can look into and say you failed/suck and so on too. But i never gave up unless ppl gave up. To restart/rename a server 5-10 times, just to get the money pisses me off. the ppl that donate for you want your server to run. they don't want to fund your real life.

If ppl pay you to stay up i think you are obligated to try. a secound try sure. even mabe a 3rd, but change the name of the server up too 8-10 times. i mean do you sleep good with your self? your not only killing the trust in servers. but your killing shaiya it self too. none want to play anymore becouse of ppl that take other ppl's money and shut down again..

Sorry this just pisses me off. i hade to say something.

Think before you setup a server. what do i have that make this server special? why should ppl play mine ? when you have the answers and you your self want to pay for it to stay up if it's bad for a few month, then start looking for host. NOT before you have a server working in your home.

Make it work, then look for host and then publish it, IF you realy think it would be fun to play.
I'm sorry for my first sentence, but... Wrong section.

I assure you, you are not going to see people like Blitz, JuuF, Bothar, nubness and basically the serious people, coming around and making servers that are copy-paste of somebody else's work. Do you see what kind of people make servers nowadays? Not only they are illiterate, but they also don't know anything about Shaiya Development. The best example I can give you - Kingston. Complete copy of Tactics. Admin doesn't know how to set up scripts that are here, released on EPvP. The population on his server got huge because of the word "Tactics".

What makes a server? The admin, the amount of work put in that server, the protection and most importantly - the players. Back in the time we used to call them "server jumpers" and right now, the same thing happens. If all those players stopped jumping from server to another, we wouldn't even have this issue. Those wannabe Admins would continue making their servers, get a base of 10 players and then close it, because no player would come to them.

It's always been bothering me why people don't go to the serious servers, but instead go on those that will close after a week. I guess the answer is that players no longer value the work of developers. And they never will. From own experience I know that players will never be happy. You throw an awesome feature at them, one that you have been working on for weeks and in the end they are like... "Meh... ok, but I don't like this".

Wannabe Admins will never stop making their servers, as sad as it is. It's up to the players to stop following all those fake admins. Because if they don't, this community will never change.

A loophole that I see is maybe making EPvP's advertising rules tighter. Don't let anyone who has a server up advertise. Allow them to only create a thread, once the server has been up for 1 week or something. But then again, there are other sources of hearing about a server, other than EPvP.

Thanks
11 Users
Old 05/11/2016, 16:47   #3

sorry for the bad posting (Wrong section), and you said it better then me LOL
Old 05/11/2016, 19:41   #4

There is a saying "As long as you fuel the fire, it lasts".

We can't blame them for creating servers as long as we give them releases and tutorials.
This gives birth to servers good or bad, you just have to prove you are better than the others, is called competition, win the race or lose the race. The server copy issue is just a myth as in the end we're all having OS copies no matter what!

For instance Olympus, back in 2012 if i weren't there to encourage you not to shut down the server, it was closed a long time ago, i refueled you and you are still here :P i liked your server, but when you started to push me away not long after, i gave the credentials of your game master account to your GS's who we're that loyal as they did bad things in that panel there.

In the end this goes down to the how we want to be, not who other wants us to be, every single admin, comes with his idea of who or what wants to copy, is their right to do that as none of us has the right to claim copyright on none of the Shaiya game content, unless he has a Nexon license which is available only for Official Shaiya servers (who's purchased the game license).

The last thing we want to do is to judge others, we have to look at us and how we want to appear in front of the players before others.

Dani

Thanks
2 Users
Old 05/11/2016, 20:07   #5

Received Thanks: 1,103
The only way to win this fight is working together. In a perfect world we would... But hey! A wild Ego has appeared.
Thanks
10 Users
Old 05/28/2016, 00:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony69 View Post
"...players will never be happy. You throw an awesome feature at them, one that you have been working on for weeks and in the end they are like... "Meh... ok, but I don't like this".
That's basically explains it all.

Thanks
1 User

« shaiya auto apply skills | EP6 Ench Problem - Big Issue! »