Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:12

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

enchanting past [20]

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
enchanting past [20]

I been working on this problem.

I have no attention of enchanting weapons past 20 since 20 imo is already more than enough, however Id like to enchant armors past 20 since armors have a linear incline weapons increase exponentially so I want to close the gab between the 2. I been trying to just add absorption to armor pieces but that doesn't work in the game, even though it says an armor gives 50 absorption, there's no actual change.

what I found out so far is that the enchantments are located in the PS_Game.exe and I am wondering if anyone else had any experience messing this this?

Old   #2

#Removed, someone hacked this account.

Old   #3

well dropping it is a lot easier than raising it easiest way to drop it would just be set successrate to 0% after 10
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 2,982
the sole purpose of lapisia - and actually GM enchants - is to grab some (real) money.
so, of course enchantement higher than 10 is not a game rule, but a buy-yourself-a-life option.

the impact is that, very likely the current server components (ps_game is certainly the sole impacted) are limited to 20 enchant. steps (for sure our components); when aeria will have enough customers at [20], they will change that limit to 30 in their svr components and clients, no doubt on that point.

regarding your (self made) issue, you have only 20 steps but the defence bonus is defined by ItemEnchant.ini; it's up to you to not use a constant increment, nor to use '5' for each step; you can define DefenseStep00=10 and DefenseStep20=570 (if you increase each step by 10%)

one will note that attack increment are yet not constant and yet overpowered, you can so also reduce their values (since adding absorption has some limitations).

and btw, regarding abs stat. they are indeed not manage by our components, shStudio allows edition of abs on weapons (not gears) but both had no impact during my tests.

Thanks
3 Users
Old   #5

Received Thanks: 1,012
You can increase enchant cap in ps_game.exe but you have to inject your own atk power & absorption which is alot of work.

If you dont inject it yourself after you increase the cap it will go back to [1] atk dmg with [21] tag, even if you add more enchant levels in itemenchant.ini.. so.. It is simple to increase the cap but it wont work if you dont inject your own enchant levels.

Thanks
4 Users