Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 13:42

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[REQUEST] Be kind and take a look

Discussion on [REQUEST] Be kind and take a look within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Arrow [REQUEST] Be kind and take a look

First of all thank you so much for taking your time to visit my post.

As you might know i'm about to ask you (whoever you are) to help me out with some issues I have almost played shaiya for like 5 years and some month ago I decided to make my own server (just for my self so I could run around like a loser and do whatever I want. Anyway lets go straight to the point.

This is the first time i'm making a server so don't get frustrate over my nubness I got three problems.

First one: When I try to connect to the server I get the message "failed to connect to game server". Already tryed to fix the issue but I couldn't. And trust me I have tryed to search (I always do before I go public) to find out how to fix the problem but the guides on Epvpers didn't help. The IP address is correct but still it won't let me in game. And ofc I have checked the ini files and firewall.

Second one:
When I try to restore my DB (the bak files or whatever it's called) I get this message up:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlError: The tail of the log for the database "PS_ChatLog" has not been backed up. Use BACKUP LOG WITH NORECOVERY to backup the log if it contains work you do not want to lose. Use the WITH REPLACE or WITH STOPAT clause of the RESTORE statement to just overwrite the contents of the log. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Express.Smo)
I have backed up all files, also tryed to back them up one by one but still 3files won't be restored.

Some of you might think : "Why the he*l don't he read the message? It's right there..."
Well for all of you that thinks that, I'm new to this "Development" world and to be honest I don't know shit. And I don't have any plans about making my server public so don't worry about that. Like I said earlier: I just want to have fun with my server.

Third one: I just downloaded ShStudio and guess what I found out?
My client is KOREA What should I do lol
I'm trying to make a EP 4.5 Server.

Anyway I hope SOMEONE out there can help me figure out those problems on any way. I hope I posted this on the right thread tho if not feel free to move it to the right place.
Old 09/23/2014, 04:00   #2

Well, first of all welcome to the glorious frustration of Shaiya P.Server developing. Luckily for you there are bundles of useful bits of information all around here, which will guide you through pretty much any problems you'll come up against.

First Point: This could be one of a few separate issues, most of which you mentioned yourself. Make sure to double triple check those points to make sure you're not simply missing something basic.
Your IP address should be inserted into the server .ini files, which as you are trying to connect locally i would assume to be something along the lines of 192.168.0.1
PSM_Client > Bin > Config > ps_game.ini
PSM_Server > Config > PSMServer_Config.ini
(<sv_publicip> = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Also it should be inserted into your clients Game.exe (that you run the game with) Most Game.exe versions you can find here come with the IP 127.0.0.1, which should allow you to connect locally without further changes.
Open Ports 30800 and 30810 in your firewall (game server / login server) Just incase that is the issue. Then finally check your logs (PSM_Client > Bin > Log) each of those will tell you what is failing to connect properly.

You are mostly likely to find the issue is being unable to connect to the database (usually through linked servers not existing, there is a post here to fix that issue if that's the problem)

Point 2 : About restoring your database tables, I'm not too sure why you are trying to do that, if it's just for self testing/messing around, you shouldn't have any "real" data that is needed to be backed up. You should be attaching each of the Database tables into a blank DB. ()

Finally Point 3: Are you sure your client is Korean, or are you just looking at a certain Sdata file that seems to have Korean text. (i believe it was the EP4 Item or Mob Sdata's that displayed in Korean) When you have your database attached, you can grab the translated (English) text from that, then import it into your Sdata through ShStudio (i'm not sure how this is done on the new 0.7.5 version as i haven't tried, but i would assume it to be in the file menu like the older versions of ShStudio had (import)) You can also find a 4.5 client version here, from Aries if i remember. Use the search or the releases section stickies to find it

Good luck, and if you can't find the fixes for yourself, post your log files here to give us a bit more info to help you better
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/24/2014, 08:38   #3

Thank you so much for helping me out man!
#RESPECT

Tags
help nub nubness newbie