Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server > Shaiya PServer Development
You last visited: Today at 04:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Updater] error: Read profilec08 help

Discussion on [Updater] error: Read profilec08 help within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Updater] error: Read profilec08 help

Before I get started, I'd like to say that we have read the forums, we've seen all the solutions and none have worked for us. <<< first thing we did.

So the thing is we're trying to get the updates to be hosted by our own webserver. We've seen that this particular error means "the files can't be located"...however, the files are there.

We've made sure the webserver can identify the extensions (ini, patch) by adding the MIME settings: application/octet-stream for ini and patch.

The webserver is running apache but no xampp or IIS

We've tried putting the shaiya folder in the root directory and the public_html folder. The Shaiya folder containing the updateversion.ini and the patch folder. Even had the config.ini in the shaiya folder, though we never used it in the past, still no luck.

So, to the amazing epvp community, Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Bo
Old 09/10/2014, 07:02   #2

Check the platform hosting the updater only works on windows platform.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/10/2014, 08:07   #3

**** i got a linux server... trying to switch it to windows... ill let u know if this fixed it

yeah... still same issue
Old 09/10/2014, 22:22   #4

The windows hosting should have the following settings:

Ini files released to reading
.patch files released for download

Shaiya pacth folder and with chmod 777 permission.

this is the setting that works for me successfully.
Old 09/11/2014, 00:47   #5

what did u use to set the mime settings?