Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 17:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Dev Team] READ! ports

Discussion on [Dev Team] READ! ports within the Shaiya PServer Development forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,777
[Dev Team] READ! ports

login 30800 tcp
game -port 30810 - protocol TCP

Those are the only ports a shaiya server NEEDS!!!

Also, notice how there all TCP, that's because a shaiya server doesn't need UDP ports, and most DDoS botnets hit UDP...just saying.

Let me dumb this down: CLOSE YOUR UDP PORTS!
Thanks
24 Users
Old 01/26/2012, 10:43   #2

You CANT do anythink about DDoS! -.-

Just rent a DDoS Firewall (4xxx $/ Month) and u are Secure.
Old 01/26/2012, 15:59   #3

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
That is not true, as there are different variables of DDoS attacks, as soon as you get to know which is being used you can look for the way to protect yourself against it
Thanks
6 Users
Old 08/14/2012, 21:23   #4

Sorry for necro, but those ports just from Shaiya or from SQL too?
Old 08/14/2012, 21:51   #5

smile keep sql CLOSED along with udp and http all need to be closed.

PS. just a hint run you server off 3 ip at the same time trust me ddoser hate it lol
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/14/2012, 23:55   #6

well i tested kiwi guard firewall and evasive mode for Apache and worked good for me,or just find a VPS service which offers a anti-dos protection.
Also bane is right.Use just the necessary ports and block all unused ports and all the UDP ports,disable administrative shares and ICMP ECHO(or u can just block port 7 since its the port used by ICMP)
Here are some helpful links:

To disable ICMP ECHO just Google it .I did not find any decent description on how to do it.
I hope this will help .
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/15/2012, 19:32   #7

none of those work againsed mIRC ddos attacks..... tryed and firewall fail with even using only 4 bots 0.0'''

ps. the very very best thing you can do is get sisco hardware firewall with 4+ ip's or change the ports of the game like iv done.... and yes you can do that that i have a test server and its runs off the ports like 'WOW' LOL
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/16/2012, 00:12   #8

Received Thanks: 1,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootzoo View Post
none of those work againsed mIRC ddos attacks..... tryed and firewall fail with even using only 4 bots 0.0'''

ps. the very very best thing you can do is get sisco hardware firewall with 4+ ip's or change the ports of the game like iv done.... and yes you can do that that i have a test server and its runs off the ports like 'WOW' LOL

This wasn't made in regards to appolly, it was made to stop DDoS attacks from another DDoSer.
Thanks
1 User