Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Shaiya Absolution

Discussion on Shaiya Absolution within the Shaiya PServer Advertising forum part of the Shaiya Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Shaiya Absolution

After 8 months of running the best damned community I have been a part of, it pains me to say that after waking this morning and checking for updates on the status of our server's upgrades, instead I found myself astounded.

Our host has found that their network is not capable of handling an attack with the force of the one we have been enduring. The affects on the integrity of their server as a whole has now become a concern, and they have found themselves in danger of losing more customers, if the attacks on our server continue.

As such, the data center that racks our server on behalf of our host has made them an ultimatum. Cut the strings, or loss the center.

That said, Absolution has been cut from one of the best hosts I have found thus far. However, I can not argue their stance. Sacrificing one, for the sake of many. This is a hard choice for anyone to make, but when it comes down to business, it is the only choice.

For the time being, Absolution's doors are closed.

However, that does not mean we are gone for good. We have left it up to the player base as to whether or not we will continue on with a new host, start over, or close the door forever.

More information can be found at our forum, along with a community poll that will ultimately decide our fate.

-III and the Shaiya Absolution Staff.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/23/2011, 07:25   #2

Very nice lol....
Don't know why...but it wouldnt let my curser leave the page to exit. Ended up doing ctrl+alt+dlt....but let me do anything on your forum but leave:/
Old 03/23/2011, 08:19   #3

is it possible to upload the patch only so we can just use our OS client..tyvm

torrent with 2 seeders is to slow lol
Old 03/23/2011, 08:41   #4

I could yes, and will in a few hours. The idea at the moment is get people with the torrent for those who DONT have an OS install. Honestly, in a day or two I will more than likely move the torrent to a seed box rather than using the server which will help greatly. However, until then, the more people who have the torrent, the more it will help others later.
Old 03/23/2011, 16:47   #5

server is closed
Old 03/23/2011, 18:42   #6

It is not closed. It was done for a brief maintenance to improve drop rates at player request. There is a difference between restarting and closed, lol.
Old 03/23/2011, 20:17   #7

Just a heads up.

OS style. the diference is u get cheaper ap, higher exp and drops, but 100% of the item mall u have to pay to get any of them, even the basic needs like conti or exp stones etc. are NOT free.

nice website tho, good luck on ur server.
Old 03/23/2011, 21:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by -III- View Post
It is not closed. It was done for a brief maintenance to improve drop rates at player request. There is a difference between restarting and closed, lol.
Well, restart takes a min or two. I tried the server at different times when I log'd in the server status said closed. So, that's the difference between closed an a restart.
Old 03/24/2011, 01:39   #9

godamn. no one even makes ep4 anymore..

nice site and nice ideas guys.
keep it up.
Old 03/24/2011, 01:52   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by switik View Post
Just a heads up.

OS style. the diference is u get cheaper ap, higher exp and drops, but 100% of the item mall u have to pay to get any of them, even the basic needs like conti or exp stones etc. are NOT free.

nice website tho, good luck on ur server.
You are completing ignoring that res runes and such are farmable in game. Furthermore, Lv1 Pouches drop 12-24 hour items. Lv2 pouches drop 7 day items. And lv3 pouches drop 30 day items.

Plus mob drops of AP items, as well as as merchant.

90% of the item mall is available in game. The items that aren't? Mounts, 2-slot 1/15 caps and dread 20/30 caps. Oh, and Lv15 capes.

However, Heroic Caps are available at an NPC, as well as Lep hats, Mili Caps, and 1-slot caps for 1/15 PvP. That is a mere 1-slot difference in gear available on the item mall and that which is in game. And at a 50X Gold drop...well, the merchants should not be an issue.

I could only wish OS had 12m Lapisia of Syeeric, 3m 12/24 hour items, and nearly ALL ap items available as drop possibilities. Hell, I would have never left OS.

Mounts are not a necessity and the capes have no stats. Novelty items only.

There is a huge difference between Absolution and OS.

This is not to cut down your opinion, as you are certainly entitled to such. However, it was not very well thought out or expressed given the reality of the differences.

That said...

TY Swagga, we are trying xD

And as far as the down time...you are correct, it was down longer than just a restart. Still isn't closed =p We are in fact alive and well. Now if you simply meant that you couldn't log in, you are correct. However, this is what we have a forum for. No need to post that the server was 'closed' here. This is not Absolution's personal forum. I'd rather it not be treated as such, as I am sure the mods would rather it not be as well. Not to mention that simply posting that the server is 'closed' tends to give the wrong impression.

That's nearly as bad as being added to a person's skype just for them to tell me to add a back link before the post was reported and more than likely closed. Fact of the matter was that there was a back link to EPVP before this ad was ever posted xD

Anyway, that's been cleared up and is irrelevant to the ad. Now please, I dont mind posting of reviews and such, if this post continues to stay open. However, I would prefer it be a based on more than just a 5 minutes run through of the server. After all, we haven't even been open 15 hours yet. Must of been one hell of a run through to have gathered so much info on the server -.-

-III-
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/24/2011, 02:42   #11

Received Thanks: 1,777
Please add a backlink to Elitepvpers.
Old 03/24/2011, 02:50   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Bane View Post
You are kidding me right?

The back link is there and has been since before the advert for the server was ever posted. I just stated that, and it is stated in the original post. It is on the bottom of the very first page of the site.

I mean not be offensive, but this is prolly the 5th or 6th time now somebody has mentioned the back link. Including having people add me on skype just to tell me to add the back link before they report the thread. It is getting old. That link has been there for over a week now. My server has only been advertised here for less than 24 hours.

Furthermore, I verified in the OP that the link was present, and also noted it again in the post directly before bane's.

"Please place a link to somewhere on your website if you want to advertise your private server.

Any advertisement will be deleted if the moderator doesn't find the link on the given website. Please make sure that the website where you've placed the epvp link is viewable without to register.

It's also a good idea to explain the link location on your advertising topic so the moderator knows where he can find the link and that you've added one.

Breaking this rule can also result in a warning / infraction."

All highlighted parts have been done and were done long before this ad was made. The amount of people going report happy is getting shameful. The amount that dont bother to check first is even worse.

Enough with the back link stuff already -.-

***My apologies, I just caught the problem. Those of you who don't see the back link are still using Internet Explorer. The site is built and optimized for Firefox. Content does not show properly on IE. It is still getting obsessive and shameful, regardless.

-III-
Old 03/24/2011, 23:44   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by [GM]Bane View Post
lol bane its ok i told him to add one too, im the guy who added him on skype then told him lol Its a small backlink and he has a good reason for it.
Old 04/04/2011, 02:20   #14

Exclamation Server Review

Absolution was a server I would have recommended to all my gamer friends if it wasn't for the dishonorable and unhanded way I was treated. I was banned without warning, for no reason, ticket ignored, and had done absolutely nothing wrong. But, my only belief is that I was banned for knowing who the GM of this server is (and yes, I have proof from my husband).

Although his name may have changed, as well as the name of his server, I for a fact know he is the same owner that went by Syn running a mid-rate server called Purity. Why did the identity and server name change? That is something I, and I assure you other left behind loyal players, would like to know as well.

Purity was a server a lot of others supported, donated, and watched blossom. Multiple gamers stayed through the hard times and multiple changes. One day, while it was supposed to be undergoing a major re-haul, it suddenly and silently disappeared. There was no notice, no reason, and the link was suddenly dead.

A lot of loyal players were disappointed. Who would talk of promises, saying they would 'never shut down the server no matter what', want support through all the changes (moving episodes, asking for player opinions/critics), and help bring in a bigger player base, only to let them all down? Who would leave all those players behind, change their identity, and open another server without notifying those loyal players (most of them were since beta)?

I was excited to find a server built by this same person, but I was also disappointed I was left in the dust without so much as a warning. It's felt like I was good enough to take money from but not good enough to be informed of such a drastic change. Did I let that disappointment melt away? Yes. Did I join and was happy to see gamers from that same server? Heck yes!

I broke no ToS, I was respectful, was helping other players, and even congratulated GSs that were newly appointed. Did I ever call him out for who he really was? No. I didn't question it, minded my business, and played. Some secrets are better left alone...until you're back-stabbed by someone you respected and trusted. Did I believe the lies being told to me in TC about it not being the same person? Nope, but neither did I discredit the person trying to change opinions of those that believed the truth. Then, all of a sudden I DC, try to log back on only to see my account is being blocked, my husband and I are banned from the forums without an explanation.

To be treated like that is the same as breaking a horses back and it put my opinion into perspective of seeing the true colors of those I once trusted. To ban someone without reason, and try to sweep them under the rug is cold and cruel. I want others to see this server for what it is. You will be bedazzled and snake charmed as I once was into supporting a kind, friendly gaming environment where I thought the staff cared about me and wanted to provide a great p-sever that will last. The charm is broken, and I can see the reality. But, I would like to thank you for showing me that I shouldn't be so trusting in others or to overlook a negative to try and make it a positive. Also, thank you for putting things into perspective and ruining a hobby I can no longer enjoy. I thought Purity would put an end to my nomadic ways of endlessly trying to find the 'perfect' server and Absolution did look promising but I was wrong.

If I wanted to be fooled and lied to, I would follow politics. The choice is yours, good luck fellow p-server hoppers on your journey for the ultimate game play.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/04/2011, 02:39   #15

Old people new vibe.

I would like to say I have played Shaiya now since Jan 2007. I left OS at 4.8 and joined the P Server relm. Every P server till Purity, ran by GM Syn has been plauged with all the things that you come to expect from taking chances playing a game open to anyone who wants to be a GM.

GM Syn has taken the time and spent the money to keep large scale problems away. Hackers, inflation, game quality, down time & staff problems. Many other things can be said to show my biased view on such a jewel of a staff & server but i'll wrap it up.

The P Server Purity had been replaced with an idea for a update consisting of a few key changes like xp rate and other game mechanics. Accounts were understood to be wiped and everyone would start fresh. Being a GS & on the staff I was on relitivly close speaking terms with GM Syn and others. So as the update came, Purity shut down and we followed the progress on the forums. EVERYDAY. We voted, added our ideas, and wiated for the re-opening.

A week into the wait the Purity forms & site shuts down. I wait to be notified by staff above me for a update. After a bit I try my hand at calling the staff & if I remeber correctly a text. Things happen and forums crash so I wait it out.

Rumors fly & players spread out over vast HR Servers waiting for word. Credible sources say Purity was scrapped. Well... if things got that bad for GM Syn I would just ask him if I may play on his sever with those close and have a small private server as anything is better then the rest of the Shaiya P Servers.

No word for close to a month and I try a server off the Shaiya P Server list that looked closest to what we had invisoned & designed in Purity for the update. Shaiya Absolution. I hear quite a bit of our old Purity players have gathered there. I hit the website and read up. I am reading every idea, rule, structure and signs that our old GM Syn was brianstorming for our update to Purity a month ago. His trademark over useage of "as such" was spread through pages of posts, the feel and vibe of the new "GM III" was a mirror image of GM Syn. Looked, walked and clucked if you will.

I stand and break out the Ace Ventura dance moves cuz GM Syn was back up with a server! Where was I? One week in and I had to randomly pick this new server?

I make a toon and run the same name. I find the majority of the Purity die hards here and well into UM. The old GM's are here. I hear more old Purity had been informed and on the way. Old staff members have their spots back. Things were settleing in for everyone but me. I somehow missed the red carpet that everyone has seemed to be ushered to. Talking with people brang me to this mindset as this was all coming from their fingers.

So I congrats one of the GM's for having the server up and running under GM Syn's lead and question the GM's name choice from GM Syn to GM III. I get met with, "more of this rumor crap" "at no point is this GM Syn's server. GM Syn would never run a HR Server if he were to remake one. I can't even see why you think it's GM Syn's server anyways. "

There was way more said that was an attempt to sway my opinion by 2 of the staff that I was talking to that red flags were thrown. Why were these 2 staff members so adamint by the tone of their messages to me that GM Syn was not here? At this point i'm fed up with them as I knew one of these staff members from Purity and couldnt believe what was going on. It was day & night it was GM Syn's brain child server.

I make it to 30 UM and I see the ealier Purity GM (& now i'm sure Absolution GM) in aera chat. "Anyone here" I answered and as quick as I did I DC'ed. Wife DC'ed next to me (same IP). I re logg to check for a mass DC but my account has been blocked. I visit the forums and again, been blocked.

Now before you ask was there anything besides me being adamit that something was fishy about this staff denying that GM Syn resided here in Absolution? I did nothing but challenge this staff member on clear grounds about GM III being GM Syn. Was in a very respectful way as well. No names, attacking or the lot. Just simply stated the reasons and respectfully diagreed.

I again attempt to locate the two head staff members by via text. I succeeded. She deleted my number from her phone as I got the "who is this" in reply. Ignoring that I simply text:

-Nug: I just wanted to check with you on the forums and what happened?

-Staff: What do you mean, What happened lol. I was in bed by 10 lol. I have no clue whats going on.

-Nug: Purity page has been down for around a month. I have been waiting to hear from anyone on whats going on.

-Staff: Purity won't be back. Started a new server. It's doing better then Purity ever did.

-Nug: It wouldnt be called Absolution would it?

-Staff: Yes

-Nug: I would love to voice chat about my visit to that server when you have time.

I was glad to give this staff my money to support the server. To be apart of the staff was completely fun. GM Syn was the only GM to create a server where you were safe from the inherit evils of P Servers. I support everything him and his wife do to bring us Shaiya, god knows they break themselfs to do it. But what of the common courtesies reserved to players and staff that we all come to expect and deem normal.

-Staff lying.
-Staff keeping players updated.

Could I have texted & called a lot more? Sure.
Could I have just ignored the false statements made by the current staff of Absolution? Sure.
Could I wait a few days for the two head GM's to reach me and be convinced that the time waiting was nessesary? Sure.

Even in jail they allow you that phone call to inform people. Hard to believe that even when you are looking at no personal time as its being controlled by a entinty, you wouldnt use that call for those you want or need to know whats going on.
Closed Thread