Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[ATTENTION] Read this server owners.

Discussion on [ATTENTION] Read this server owners. within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[ATTENTION] Read this server owners.

Hello everyone,

Okay i'll try to make this as short as possible. Basically i lost access to my Dedicated servers yesterday and was wondering what was going on. We contacted our provider and they wouldnt reset our details nor do anything (hivelocity.net)

Aeria Games contacted our provider and got our details mentioning our illegal use of Shaiya.

Today they took both of our servers down posting a couple news on our website after removing all our wordpress access.

They are watching, make BACKUPs and move them on your own computers. Be very careful they mentionned taking down more servers.

Shaiya Rebirth staff has no intention of stopping running these 2 servers.

Thank you all for helping & supporting us through this. We will do everything we can.

Regards,

Shaiya Rebirth staff.

One of the message they posted on our website before taking it down:
Quote:
Message to ALL server owners
This is the first one of a list of all the servers we are shutting down.
Aeria Games has filed complaints about 5 more servers, this is the first one of a list of 4 more.
Thanks [GM]BlueDogGravy,
Team Shaiya

Play DDTank in your browser now, no download required!
Aeria Games will Never Ask for your Password. Please do not ever give it out.
Gold Buying, Account Trade/Sales and Cheating are violation of the rules, and will result in loss of service.
The Game Rules can be found here:
Checkout our events and promotions here:
Old 02/03/2011, 17:07   #2

elite*gold: 46
Received Thanks: 4,249
:O got backup alladrios?
Old 02/03/2011, 17:31   #3

fortunatley he has there working on moving rebirth to a different provider outside of aeria's licensing area
Old 02/03/2011, 18:21   #4

Hmm, I guess in times of desperation this is what they feel they have to do because they are too greedy to give a **** about any of their players. I am sorry to hear about this and glad you posted this as a warning just in case they do come after everyone. Maybe as a suggestion but Idk if they would go this far, take off your donation link or anything that would be in access to your PayPal accounts (or w.e you are using) And kinda funny how after this long they go and pull something like this but yet do nothing about EPVPers being online. Idk just my thoughts.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:30   #5

i agree Sinful...it makes it seem suspicious...maybe they relaised they couldnt take epvpers down? I dont see why they have to go after private servers tbh..well i do there greedy as **** but tbh the reason private servers came up is coz there too much of a fucktard to control whats going on in there own backyard. They ask "Why are private servers getting set up?" the answer is because they pushed us to set em up by not controling there own server. As stated before the problem is there too **** greedy. So what if were making a little bit of money....gratz to us for actually taking the time to learn this stuff and maintain a server. We could do a better job of controlling and maintaining US Shaiya than Aeria could. They have zero customer support and only care about one thing: Money. /rant end lol
Old 02/03/2011, 18:38   #6

First off we doubted that was Aeria or some company related, i sincerely tho about someone hacking on us, but i left this idea because 1, since i can hack, i know what i can do to secure our server, and i'm pretty sure we were pretty secure, i know no server is 100% but we had even bought some security softwares, and i was always looking for flaws.
At the time i contacted our provider and they told me that sadly they coudn't do anything about it, they just follow orders (and i really don't blame then), and confirmed we were "paused".
Thank you for the support everyone is doing.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:43   #7

This is very fishy hopeloz.

Please note that BlueDogGravy IS NOT A GM but is infact a Gamesage ([GS]DirtNap).

So look out, could be hackers....I'm sure there are people smart enough to hack it no matter how good u are in securing.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:43   #8

Also note, Aeria doesn't have the right to take down servers (only SonoV aka Choi Rock does), and doesn't do it.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:46   #9

I agree, this happened with Evo before and even then the letter looked a bit fake. I don't think Aeria Games would come after you, if anything SonoV or now Choi Rock games. I have my suspicions as well and maybe they are paying someone off to come and make little threats. I also agree OS pushed away their players and taking down Pservers in my mind won't bring them back. I have seen better developers & staff on a private server then on OS, and that say's something don't it? I do hope you get to the bottom of this and get the real truth of this and if it is Aeria...lol such a sad lonely day for them.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:49   #10

evo letter deff was faked....he faked it...

this time, some nub hacker could of fake it....very, very unusual for aeria.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:49   #11

I dont know what you mean Siggy maker, we would never fake such thing.

We worked hard on our servers and wont give up and waste these countless hours we spent working on it.

I opened this topic to warn Server owners. This is something that can happen to ANYONE.

You can choose wether or not you wanna follow my advise, im jus spreading an informations and will update as soon as i know more.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:51   #12

I didnt say YOU faked it, but somebody might hacked&claimed they are Aeria.
Old 02/03/2011, 18:58   #13

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,727
where is your host located? in the US?
Old 02/03/2011, 19:21   #14

well we all know servers can be hacked....but im **** sure rebirth had some of the best security around. Im not ruling out that it could of been hacked because it could of been a pro hacker...what makes it fishy is that "GMBlueDogGravy" AKA "[GS]Dirtnap" posted it...i know DirtNap and i know he is not a GM he is just a GS...so lets go with the theory that they got DirtNap to threaten us? You are correct in saying that Aeria cannot shut servers down...that power lies with Choi Rock and Choi Rock only. So im leaning more towards it was a pro hacker. And LPH yes there servers were based in the US.
Old 02/03/2011, 19:25   #15

I was under the impression that it is illegal to virtually host a game server like Shaiya on a public VPN. This is the only way I can see them shutting you down so fast. Someone must have informed them of this. Either way your hosting company would be breaking many laws if they have given out any of your info shy of a court order so at most the hosting company themselves shut you down not AGE. We host everything ourselves so I really do not think we have anything to worry about.

If anyone has verifiable info to confirm or deny this I would love to see it.

I am very sorry this happened to you. I would suggest hosting everything yourself next time so it is impossible to get shut down like this ever again.