Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:02

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[REQUEST]Updater Help

Discussion on [REQUEST]Updater Help within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[REQUEST]Updater Help

Ok... since no one wishes to answer my post... I really have no choice but to ask like this. Here's the problem: I am trying to make a new updater that updates. However, I am getting 3 warnings when i do different things.

1. I run the updater. It patches ok the first time. After I close it, it deletes my version.ini, and tells me I don't have one (obviously).

2. It opens the updater, closes it, makes a new updater, and runs a command prompt.

3. It opens, and gives me a runtime error.

How can i make it so it does it right the first time? I followed dude's tutorial to the letter, and it still won't work. What am i doing wrong?
Old 09/20/2010, 22:00   #2

You cant update the update as you normally update the data.saf... How can you update something that is running already? Work with Shaiya archive files, not plain filled zip files.
Old 09/21/2010, 01:53   #3

Dude, did you even read her post? Seriously, what kind of an answer is that?

She's not trying to update anything, she just opens it to test it out to see if it works. When she does, one of those 3 things happen, and I sometimes get a notebook thrown at me in frustration because i really don't know what's wrong either.

No zip files, no archives, just the tutorial on how to build an updater's info that's got her a little stumped.

I hope that clears up her post for you.
Old 09/22/2010, 02:56   #4

When the updater works, and you try to run it as a loopback, you get an exception error, as the updater tries to update itself. These are my possible explainations:

#1: After an update is done, it rewrites the version.ini to match the client to the corrosponding patch. When the patch goes wrong, in case of faulty permissions for example, the updater cannot write the new update.ini.

#2: When you create a new updater through the updater, it corrupts the current one, and it sees both as one, which end up in one massive error, i have yet to find this out myself.

#3: Runtime error is faulty linked patch that makes the updater read something that cannot be processed.

In either case, check the link of the updater, if this is set wrongly, or the patch host is not setup proper, it might keep giving errors. Excuse me if i sounded horrible, i just explained this a few times now on this forum, and i thought that people would first search for an answer before asking the question, my bad.. My answer was legimate though, since from what i hear, it is still a loopbacked process, which doesn't work.