Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:03

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[tut]How to setup Mssql 2005 Express on Windows 7

Discussion on [tut]How to setup Mssql 2005 Express on Windows 7 within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[tut]How to setup Mssql 2005 Express on Windows 7

Ok below are the following steps into setting up your Mssql 2005 server Express addition accurately with Windows 7 64 bit Operating systems.

Step 1: Download Mssql 2005 Express edition
  • Mssql 2005 Express

Step 2: Install Mssql 2005 Express edition using the following steps
  1. Check I accept the licensing terms and conditions and click next
  2. Click Install
  3. Then click Next
  4. When the server installation Wizard comes up click next
  5. Once the System Configuration is completed Click Next
  6. Next enter your name and company (company isn't required)
  7. Make sure Hid advanced configuration options is checked and then click next
  8. Next screen you will see a list with the following: Database Services, Client Components, Connectivity Components, and software development kit. Now click on each Red X and then click Will be installed on local hard drive. Then click next.
  9. Next is Instance Name, choose Default instance then click next
  10. Next is Authentication Mode, click Mixed mode and enter your shaiya password then click next
  11. Next are configuration Options uncheck all and then click next
  12. Error and Usage Report Settings, make sure none are checked and click next
  13. Next click install

After the installation open the SQL Server Configuration Manager and follow these steps:
  1. Click on SQL server 2005 Network Configuration. Then on the right double click Protocols for MSSQLSERVER
  2. Next enable all protocol names by right clicking them and clicking enable
  3. Now Double click on TCP/IP and click the ip addresses tab at the top
  4. Here you will see a list of ip's. On IP4 set it to Enabled and for the ip address put your local IP address. Make sure the port is 1433. Make sure all the rest of the IP's are Disabled. Apply your settings.
  5. Next in your Configuration manager click on SQL Native Client Configuration. Then on the right double click Client protocols
  6. Now make sure all of these are enabled as well by right clicking on each and selecting enable.
  7. Next Click on SQL Server 2005 Services
  8. Next double click on SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)
  9. Next, under the Logon tab change your built in account from Network services to Local system, then click apply.
  10. Next do same for your SQL Server Browser
  11. Your all done

If you have any questions or need help please let me know here. thanks
Thanks
4 Users
Old 04/25/2010, 17:54   #2

Did u try SQL 2008?
And use version Standart, bc ur any other version not work with server. Trust me i had same problem some days ago
I using SQL 2005 Standart but on XP Pro.
Old 04/25/2010, 22:59   #3

I use windows 7 64 bit with SQL 2005 Express and my server works like a charm. Its all in how you set it up throught your network and firewall.
Old 04/28/2010, 05:12   #4

When I try to change the Server Browser from Network to Local System I get a message stating

"The Service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. [0x80070422]"

Is this normal, or possibly because I have not installed the shaiya server yet? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.
Old 04/28/2010, 10:17   #5

Received Thanks: 3,086
i think it's for pserver right?
#moved
#added to the important topics
Old 04/28/2010, 14:17   #6

strange i had to run it in compabilty mode to get it installed ,
Windows 7 Ultimate , 32 bit
Old 07/04/2010, 03:43   #7

hi .. i use windows7 64 bit system . wen i click on sql server(MSSQLSERVER) and change built in acc to local system . it says process terminated unexpectedly .. and even sql browser doesn go well .. can u please help me out ..
Old 07/04/2010, 04:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhi123 View Post
hi .. i use windows7 64 bit system . wen i click on sql server(MSSQLSERVER) and change built in acc to local system . it says process terminated unexpectedly .. and even sql browser doesn go well .. can u please help me out ..
You're best bet is to run in 32 bit mode. It's much more stable. I too can verify that MsSql epress works fine with EP 3/4 for instalation. However there are many scripts to be fixed and things you will want to alter. Enjoy the headaches.

~Phish
Old 09/15/2010, 18:19   #9

everything works fine till step 9 after i klick default instance then next i cant enter a password or find the autenthication mode.
Old 09/15/2010, 21:33   #10

It's best to use MSSQL 2008 with Vista and Win7. MSSQL 2005 is know to have compatibility issues if not updated.
Old 09/15/2010, 21:58   #11

Ok and i can use that guide on 2008 Version too and where can i get it?

EDIT: Ok i got it now but after creating the Account Shaiya the Installation Window is closed and i cant continue installation. I get this.

Account Shaiya and Password Shaiya123 ( tried shaiya123 too)
Old 09/17/2010, 07:00   #12

your better off using the built in NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and then using the config_sql script thats in the batch folder. and like I've said in a previous post, to save some headaches, install it as a named instance with the instance name of MSSQLSERVER
Old 09/21/2010, 16:31   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunder702 View Post
your better off using the built in NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and then using the config_sql script thats in the batch folder. and like I've said in a previous post, to save some headaches, install it as a named instance with the instance name of MSSQLSERVER
My gosh. Named Instance is a receipt for disaster. Lots of people don't understand the simple sentence "CHOSE DEFAULT INSTANCE" while installing MSSQL and then come here asking 'Why is my server not working?'. I gave explanation to it once, search my posts. Don't choose Named Instance unless you know how to set up MSSQL for Shaiya Server to connect to it.

Plus XXXShaiyaXXX, goddamit go and ask Microsoft why is their product unable to install on your system!
Old 04/17/2011, 15:01   #14

Hello ,,

I have a problem ....

If i try to install mey shaiya server i get a text with tells me that my remote is not activatet....

but i have allready activeted it...

pls help

firewall is open

i use a router

lankabel

and windwos 7
Old 04/17/2011, 18:04   #15

Hello guys

i have a prob ...

if i try to install the server it says that myssql is not ready for remoteconnection...

I use win 7 64bit

Router - Netgear

can u help me please to get connection ??