Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 03:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Monster.sdata makes character load error

Discussion on Monster.sdata makes character load error within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Monster.sdata makes character load error

Hi. ep 5.4 that works great. i can add the monster.sdata with shaiya data file tool. But when i update it i get Character load error!!! i tried changing the game.exe. i tried making a totally new monster.sdata by copy past in shtool. I tried making update from Shaiya make and Shaiya Data File Tool. when the update run i get Character load error!!! every time.

what can be wrong here? the monster.sdata works when i just import it. the game works great. It's only when i try to make an update this happends. i can update item.sdata,cash.sdata and everything. it's up too now only monster.sdata. and i'm close to out of ideas as it works when importing. and the client been run for a long time without a problem. i even tried to make updates from the files i have extracted. a total of 15 updates not to make them too big. and still same error when i try to update monster.sdata. this is so new to me and as i said close to out of ideas what i can do

Server have no error. and game.exe does not make a error file.

Please help :-)
Old 04/02/2019, 15:35   #2

Best Solution is to make sure that all the content of your monster.sdata is present into your client and if all of the content is present and you still have the issue with Char Load Error then import its MonsterEx.sdata That you Generated while editing it.
The reason why you need to import the MonsterEx.sdata is to make it work because of the Monster.sdata That you plan to edit and your Current PS_Gamedefs Monsters Table Names and Drops Are not They same Content That's why it gives you an Error. Cause the Logic of the Shstudio about the Drops and Monsters is that it will always read the database first and replace the data from the sdata that your planning to change Hope it helps.

2nd Option is that Grab the Monster.sdata that you were planning to Use Open it with Shstudio and don't create any MonsterEx.data and Query the generated SQL from it and yes it will replace all your existed works but by doing that then you will be free to edit anytime from that Monster.Sdata even if you don't import the MonsterEx.data into the Client
Old 04/04/2019, 19:50   #3

i made a new updated monster.sql, i even tried to import monsterex.sdata to try that.

But problem is when i import the monster.sdata it works fine. BUT when i make a update and update it i get this character error. it's so strange..

Well only new thing i have is that the client was encrypted with ShaiyaPacker when i started on this. But i encypted it and that way i don't have to run updates as encrypted and so on. and i found a game.exe that works without encryption. up to now for some reason. Problem was i got a problem back when it was encrypted. i think it was the same thing maybe. But everything worked when i encrypted it. Problem is the update and it worked before. something has to have happend that i have no idea of. and i done this for years LOL. why i wanted ep 5.4 was the HP fix and all that taken care of. but i always end up having problems with it. you know any working ep 5.4 clients that is not enctryped that i can use as a base maybe?

Guess i have to just try a new client and remake everything. oh well LOL

Fixed it. some how a sdata i never touched failed. i changed all sdata and it seems to work again. how that is possible for it to work when i import it and not when i'm updating i have no idea. but oh well it worked. LOL