Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:33

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Cluster Computing for Shaiya Server??

Discussion on Cluster Computing for Shaiya Server?? within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Cluster Computing for Shaiya Server??

Would a cluster of 2 or 3 units provide a smoother running server? And I reference to the load on players connecting to the server and playing together, not so much for redundancy purposes (although I do intend to have redundant HDD's with shared CPU/RAM) My thoughts are to combine 3 P4 2GHz units, with a combined 2.25GB ram, and likely Win 2k Advanced Server on all 3. I know very little as to what cluster computing can be used for, so I thought I'd see if there's an expert around! Thanks!
Old 05/17/2013, 22:24   #2

Don´t ask. Try it out
Old 05/17/2013, 22:33   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ϟƘƦƖןןΣ✘ View Post
Don´t ask. Try it out
Very useful. No really, you totally helped the guy.
Thanks
1 User