Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:08

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[request] GRB PvP

Discussion on [request] GRB PvP within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[request] GRB PvP

Good Evening Community,

I would like to change my grb to a pvp based event instead of the mundane mobfest. However, I am still a bit new to this bag of tricks. Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction. I dont need it done for me, otherwise im not going to learn; but a bit of help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 03/12/2013, 11:14   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 5,451
The shaiya engine doesn't accept such a thing, as the instance of the GRB map is a guild instance.
If you really want it that bad, you can do some workaround in the database, like opening a map for 1 hour and letting everyone in, and for each kill it checks the guild of the killer and grants that guild a certain amount of points, and in the end of the event simply update the table of GRB results. But again, you won't be able to see the current points while the event lasts, as it is only a workaround.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/12/2013, 17:17   #3

Ok, so I would then imagine that there is a stored proc in the gamedata db? As far as maps and such go I am more than capable of opening a map and setting spawn points and things of that nature. However, im having a hard time finding the correct procedure to start the workaround process.
Old 03/12/2013, 18:03   #4

Received Thanks: 2,627
maybe start with the script that gives donation point per kill? u can use it as starting point and modify it to work for grb points. u will just need to limit the script a few and put some checks in.
Old 03/12/2013, 20:06   #5

Received Thanks: 5,451
It's actually a bit more complicated than that, but yea, what teddy said is quite right, it's a good start.
Old 03/12/2013, 21:13   #6

from what ive gathered at this point it seems something like this

If (@mapID=x and @actiontype=103)
begin
update PS_Gamedata.dbo.guilds
set GuildPoint=GuildPoint+x
where @charID=GuildID

The last bit im a bit lost on is how to ensure that each guild gets points for their kills only, instead of all guilds getting points for all kills. I think the @charID=GuildID takes care of this, but as im relatively new to this im not entirely positive.

bump