Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help]Connection On Lan/Public Shaiya Server

Discussion on [Help]Connection On Lan/Public Shaiya Server within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help]Connection On Lan/Public Shaiya Server

I Currently Have A Shaiya Server Running On A Server Box At My House,People Can Connect If They Are Not Inside MY Netwokr,But i Can Not Connect Since I Am Inside The Network,I HAve Used The Search Button and Tried everything i have found if somecan can please Either reply to this Forum or Contact me on skype @undisputedservices that would be greatly appriciated,again i have searched on here and tried what i found!

Cheers,
[DEV]Vortex
[DEV]Pantera
Old 12/05/2012, 09:38   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,627
if u want to use a server for public buy either a dedi/vps(there are some for already a low amount of money 10€ for example) or use commodo/hamachi(which is free)
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/05/2012, 09:42   #3

The easiest way to connect to a local server is through the internal network IP.
I have done both and never had a problem.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/05/2012, 09:59   #4

He wasn't talking about "easy". And it's not the only way to make a "public" server. There is such a thing as loopbacks, connecting to your router with your WAN IP. However, I had the same problem. Likely because I mis-configured my loopback settings.

Anyone know how to do loopbacks? The right way?
Old 12/05/2012, 10:19   #5

I never said it was the only way. i suggested an easy way for him to connect since he is the only one with a problem connecting.
Yes you could always change the server to use hamachi "Which i would Never Ever Suggest"

Why is it that every time i see a post from you @diehard6 somebody is offering suggestions to a problem and you are constantly being rude about it. Even when the problem is yours.

I can do loopbacks but they are only necessary on certain software or hardware configurations. they are only used when running a server from home for personal or testing use. A Public Dedicated Server will have no need for them.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/05/2012, 10:28   #6

Hey Omega,

I Am Also Known as [DEV]Vortex, what is the best way for me to connect lan and allowing wan connections since this seems to not be working can u please assist me

Cheers!
Old 12/05/2012, 10:32   #7

Not meaning to be rude, just critical :P

Let me be more descriptive
There is a LAN network. My PC is on it. The dedi hosting the Shaiya server is on it. The public IP for the game is set to the WAN ip for the LAN network. I have to connect with the WAN IP because it is set to be the public ip for the game. I cannot do that.

Solution: Loopbacks? If so, then how? I have Microsoft's Loopback Agent, but it doesn't work.
Old 12/05/2012, 10:36   #8

That would depend on a few things as i have always stated in order to get the best answers to a problem describe the problem and give as many details as is possible.
First is the server running on a separate machine than the client?
If it is on a separate machine does that machine have a dedicated assigned internal IP Address from the router?

in order to do it simply make a copy of your game.exe file and rename the copy to Local_game.exe "this is the one you will connect to the server from within the network.

now if the server is running on the same machine as the client you only need to use the 127.0.0.1 IP address in the game.exe.
If it is on a seperate machine but still within the local network you will need to enter the Internal network IP "I.E. 192.168.*.*".

For instance my local server runs on 192.168.1.200 so when i edit the local game.exe i enter that IP instead of the External IP.

[EDIT] sorry diehard6 this post was answering the post above yours i see you gave the information i was requesting.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 12/05/2012, 10:48   #9

-.- And these are the situations I become critical in xD

We have already said, we cannot connect with an internal network ip (LAN IP) because the ps_game config has the public server ip set to the external ip (WAN IP) so that others can connect.
We don't want Hamachi or another VPN client. We don't want the server to be private. We want the server to be public and also be able to connect from within the same network as the dedi running the shaiya server.
Old 12/05/2012, 11:16   #10

OK i have tried on my server and am unable to duplicate this issue.
I Re-Read this entire page and never saw where you 2 said you could not connect using the internal Network IP.

I can connect either with the external IP or the Internal Network IP both.
I can not find what may be causing you not to be able to connect from within the network.
My Local Server is set to use my external IP but i can still connect using 192.168.1.200.

OK 1 more question what OS are you running the server on? windows server has a loopback check for security

that or you need to enable loopback in your router is all i have been able to find that could cause your problems.
Old 12/05/2012, 11:29   #11

Omega...

We are Running Windows Server 2003 Can u tell me how to properly configure this ""loopback" and how to disable this "loopback Check" ??

Thanks In Advance

Cheers!
Old 12/05/2012, 12:05   #12

Here you go
Old 12/05/2012, 14:14   #13

1 con un internet de 6 megas o 10 megas
2 que tu router tenga ip fija
y agregar estos puertos y configurar los archivos de tu shaiyaserver con tu ip publica mas ponerle la ip publica a tu game.exe y funsiona por que ami me sirvio si usas windows xp pro no sera muy establa tu conecion ya que no es para servidores

Forward the Following through both your Router and Firewall

SQL - 1433 TCP,UDP
Login - 30800 TCP
Game - 30810 TCP
Session - 30900 TCP
UserLog - 30901 TCP
DBAgent - 30911 TCP
GameLog - 30912 TCP
PSMagent - 40900 TCP

Let these Programs Through Your Firewall

Path: C:\ShaiyaServer\SERVER\PSM_Server\ShaiyaServerPatc h\Server\GameMain\PS_DBAgent\

ps_dbAgent.exe

Path: C:\ShaiyaServer\SERVER\PSM_Server\ShaiyaServerPatc h\Server\GameMain\PS_Game\

ps_game.exe
ps_gamewar.exe

Path: C:\ShaiyaServer\SERVER\PSM_Server\ShaiyaServerPatc h\Server\ServerMain\PS_Login\

ps_login.exe

Path: C:\ShaiyaServer\SERVER\PSM_Server\ShaiyaServerPatc h\Server\ServerMain\PS_Session\

ps_session.exe

Path: C:\ShaiyaServer\SERVER\PSM_Server\ShaiyaServerPatc h\Server\ServerMain\PS_UserLog\

ps_userLog.exe

Path: C:\ShaiyaServer\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\

ps_gameLog.exe
Old 12/05/2012, 16:01   #14

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,977
Arrow Shaiya PServer Development -> Shaiya Private Server

#Moved to the right section
Old 12/06/2012, 01:18   #15

Firewall settings aren't a problem. And none of the other ports are a problem.
We are running Windows Server 2008 R2....not 2003 -.-
And I don't see a "loopback" setting on my router admin panel.

Any suggestions?
Closed Thread