Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Is EP6 worth it? and why?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Is EP6 worth it? and why?

I'm building the file list to roll out EP6 and I'm finding some irregularities in the files.
For example:
1. Some of the new mobs have around the same HP that Ele mobs in Kanos have.
2. Some of the lower gear gets overwritten.
3. Some of the mobs ( mobid 3000 to 3056 ) get changed.
4. Exp is missing on new mobs.
5. Exp will need to be recalculated for lvling to 85-90 ( wherever you have it set...)
Now I can fix all of the HP and Exp stuff, and items, etc, that's not an issue
BUT, what I'm getting at is if the new maps are nothing more than more room for more players, and endgame is still in Dimensions Crack....( based on HP and attacktypes of mobs in DC )

Is it worth it?, and why?

So this topic is for everyone, and I'd like to have responses in the following format.

Specify who you are on your server ( meaning GM, DEV, GS or Player )

Example:
I'm a player and I'd like to see the new maps and mobs to stay interested...

OR

I'm a GM and it's too much work!

Old   #2

elite*gold: 10
Received Thanks: 2,580
well im my own a developper and im always exicted to see new stuff but i have to add its a shitlot work to get new stuff to work .. Atm it is rly hard to get a full working ep6 server online. I know about some ppl working on that atm but its alot work and it wont finish very soon.
My work here . its always worth to see and get new stuff to work. i love new stuff thats prolly the reason why i alswell created my own story out of the shaiya maps but thats already off topic :P so my vote goes for YES it is worth it^^

Old   #3

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,928
I don't have time to play anymore, and I am not involved on any server (pserver nor official), I just play around with the files and work on my tools, yet if you are a developer, the fact that you have to work for something should make you feel good, if you think "it is too much work" you shouldn't even think about having/maintaining/develop a server at all.

If you are the one working on the server, you are the one in charge to say where the end-game content is, and how to get to it, at least at the beginning, as there is always good to hear players' voice on that matter.
Thanks
4 Users
Old   #4

Received Thanks: 1,061
Ep6 is not fully released yet plus we, the private server community, will not have access to it.
Unless Nexon doesn't encrypt the English version of ep6 like they have the Korean.
Yet anyway the full ep6 will have such things as a pet system, the craft system completed (I think? Hard to understand it), new skills (viewing the skill.sdata in notepad), higher level cap, and the other ep6 content we have/haven't seen.
What you are missing is the fact that Dimensions Crack is not the end game area.
The highest mob level is 86 and that is within the new ep6 content.
Most of the new items utilize new item codes completely.
Nothing is overwritten so you must be using something that isn't official and has been edited.
I can't remember off the top of my head, but for example type ID 16 is for light helms correct?
The new items use Type ID 80 or something like that. Like I said can't remember the exact numbers.
(although yes, some items still are within the old Types)
Ep6 content overall is pretty much like ep5. Except the extras included such as the pet system are what make it worth it.
Look around the official Shaiya site for the pet SS's they have them up

"Specify who you are on your server ( meaning GM, DEV, GS or Player )"

Umm I'm just me? O.o nothing special.

Thanks
2 Users
Old   #5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Admin]Snuggle View Post
Ep6 is not fully released yet plus we, the private server community, will not have access to it.
Unless Nexon doesn't encrypt the English version of ep6 like they have the Korean.
Yet anyway the full ep6 will have such things as a pet system, the craft system completed (I think? Hard to understand it), new skills (viewing the skill.sdata in notepad), higher level cap, and the other ep6 content we have/haven't seen.
What you are missing is the fact that Dimensions Crack is not the end game area.
The highest mob level is 86 and that is within the new ep6 content.
Most of the new items utilize new item codes completely.
Nothing is overwritten so you must be using something that isn't official and has been edited.
I can't remember off the top of my head, but for example type ID 16 is for light helms correct?
The new items use Type ID 80 or something like that. Like I said can't remember the exact numbers.
(although yes, some items still are within the old Types)
Ep6 content overall is pretty much like ep5. Except the extras included such as the pet system are what make it worth it.
Look around the official Shaiya site for the pet SS's they have them up

"Specify who you are on your server ( meaning GM, DEV, GS or Player )"

Umm I'm just me? O.o nothing special.
well episode 6 aeriagames nexon has ecypted if someone basically decyrpted it all everything would be fully a release but i am going to do so when episode 6 of os is finished with the pets included and all but for me episode 3 interfaces FTW but yeah so true Snuggle.
Old   #6

Received Thanks: 1,061
Until a program like the data tool or...shstudio..is released to open the newly encrypted data.saf
We will be stuck in ep4 basically.
I say 4 because the ep4 ps_game.exe was the last one obtained by the private server community.
We don't officially have an ep5 ps_game.exe so we can't truly say we are 100% ep5 even if we do play with the ep4 ps_game to match the ep5.
There is no way of telling that everything is matched though due to not having an ep5 one.
I seriously doubt we'll come across the ep6 one too.

Thanks
4 Users