Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:41

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Client using alot of ressorcess

Discussion on Client using alot of ressorcess within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Client using alot of ressorcess

i feel i have a great gaming computer am3+ ddr3 ram ddr5 graphic and so on. quad core 3.22 cpu.

but my client is getting hungry

i use 33% when playing only 1 client at a time. ok i have 1050 ressolution but still

what realy makes the client that hungry? and is it a way to mabe make it less hungry?

i know all the stuff under graphic and so on. yes you can turn it down. but if you make another set of armor. item and so on. does that make the client use more even tho your not using it?

i¨'m not that in too all the stuff so i just ask.

removing unused armor/items/worlds what ever. can that make the client better to play with for old computers?
Old 07/03/2012, 17:02   #2

The game it's self has not any performant graphics on it i've worked for me very well since an AMD 2.1 computer 4 years go
1.The important thing is the connection between you and Server its self
2.New intense colored armors can be on the old PC a problem.
3.Using to many in a single place the lapisia smoke on weps can affect lagging
4.Maps is not a really issue because the client is loading only the map your on, is not keep loading everything in game at a time.

This is an result of opened 20 game.exe and still left enough memory left for 10 more bcuz the important thing is the connection i use an 1GB fiber link

Thanks
1 User
Old 07/03/2012, 17:29   #3

so if ppl have problems with like wedding chapel it's becouse it's too much details in that map?

becouse some get in and others don't..

i can fix it for some with just run the patch again. but others just can't get in at all..
Old 07/03/2012, 17:43   #4

Yeah if they get DC when try to get in wedding map then can be between 2 problems

1.They have not all updates (mixmatch the map from client)
2. Too low connection and are unable to get in.

I have know that wedding map has alot of graphics to be cool in but not for all.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/03/2012, 18:10   #5

is therer way's to get around your location? like if the server is in let's say germany (i know alot is hosted there). so for ppl that need to work there way in alot of networks they get a bad connection to that host. but could that be changed in some way?

this is way out of my league in server managment but is there ways?
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/03/2012, 19:34   #6

The connection can be increased for your VPS but it cost $$ ++ not much a little there...around 20 40$ but idk if all companies do it you have to ask the company you have VPS to..
Old 07/03/2012, 21:24   #7

i think have one of best there is and i have 1 gb/s line. dedicated.. no vps here he he
Old 07/03/2012, 21:46   #8

Dedi / VPS same s*** but has other things in i always mixplacing D with P
Old 07/03/2012, 21:50   #9

:-)

but we payed for max in network anyway..
Old 07/04/2012, 10:56   #10

A lot of times the problem is not actually with the server bandwidth but in the routing of the users connection to the server.
Too many hops or a slow transfer through the route is a cause for many of people's connection issues to servers.
do a traceroute from your home to the server IP and you will see what i mean.

And @ Treica just a note on your SS Your All CPU Meter Gadget is telling you that v3.9 is available as an update LOL
Thanks
2 Users
Old 07/04/2012, 11:04   #11

heya omega. wow that was a long time ago:-)

btw all videos in your ep4.5 is gone. LOL i was trying to help ppl with server and well without that i was lost again :-P

and yes i know it's players and not the server i just wanted to know if there is way's to mabe "shortcut's!" make them run on 2 nodes or something like that? but i guess that's just a fantasy in my head LOL

let's say we have 1 in us and one i uk mabe connect them? use the same db and same server and all but ppl get on the closest to them.

we changed host becouse of problems. and ppl we hade before now can't get in. that's kind of bad..
Old 07/04/2012, 11:14   #12

Yeah i removed them after megaupload went down that was hosting the server files.

I am currently making new ones to go with the updated server files i made.
I went ahead and included password hashing and default changing of the SQL Server Username and Password to a custom one you create when you run the set-up files.
Also i went ahead and fixed the server exe's to my updated ones that do not require /nprotectoff or vchkoff and fixed the link rate as well as the assassin bug and status defs bug.

So no more generic servers with Username Shaiya and Password Shaiya123. As too many people never changed them and got hacked. New Files will Have Server and Matching Client all ready to go for people.
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/04/2012, 11:15   #13

nice. but was thinking more like the youtube files. the how to :-)
Old 07/04/2012, 11:20   #14

yeah that is what i removed the new files have a different set-up system. so they need new video tutorials
For instance all the required ini changes are automated you simply enter in the information for your servername. IP and selected Username and Password and it updates them all for you.
Old 07/04/2012, 11:22   #15

good:-) will wait for it....