Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 16:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I have some recommendations

Discussion on I have some recommendations within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Looking for experienced developer

I'm not a veteran Elitepvpers forum poster, so, I'm not completely sure if this is even the right place to post this, but, I'm looking for a server developer, one with some real game editing abilities. The reason why is i have been creating a sort of guide that may combat the reasons people leave, or trash a server, just post on here or send me a private message if you are interested. (its 7 pages long atm, bit over halfway through, so its pretty in depth)

Old 08/18/2011, 10:15   #2

Could you edit this message so it wouldnt be like massive textwall?
It is really annoying to read such long post o.o

Old 08/18/2011, 15:17   #3

Yeah i understand what your saying but it does look just all a big jumble. Just remember to get more specific when trying to post something. Most people would open this thread and go right back out of it. Just some friendly advice short and sweet and right to the point.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/18/2011, 22:20   #4

ok, thankyou both, ill revise this to be more inviting

Old 08/19/2011, 00:34   #5

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,953
I actually read your whole original post, yeah, it was a text wall, hard to read, but completely understood you, it seems like something really good, then i think you should try to get in contact actually with some of the most experienced pserver owners and talk with them when they get some time, probably what you have thought will help them to keep their servers (which have been up for a long time already) up and running
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/19/2011, 01:49   #6

Well, john, i honestly really like that thought, its looking like this is going to be a 10 page paper when its done, maybe i could just send it around in the experienced dev community, who knows, but the thing is the topics in there kind of build on other topics, the one thing im worried about with that is that they will either only put in some of the changes, which could be for the worse, or, is if a server changes all the way, even for the better, to this extent, it could turn away many of the players, and maybe even kill it. But who knows, i really am looking for someone, or some people from servers that were successful for sometime that are looking to make a server, and have some cooperation between them to make a new server. but, ill need to think about it.
Old 08/19/2011, 02:12   #7

elite*gold: 150
Received Thanks: 8,953
Thats exactly why i said to talk with them, i mean, don't just send the whole document, it would work better if you get involved in an actual conversation with them, talk about the main points of it, because as good as it is, it can always be improved so it will work on an existing server because i can tell you that noone will completely change an already working server, but it can always be improved so probably if you get to talk to different [Admin]'s each one of them will see that some points would work for their server and some won't, so at the end your idea would help, instead of a single server, various of the main servers that we already have.

I just say this because (and i am sure that i am not the only one who thinks this way) i have noticed that we have a lot of servers, maybe more than what we should have, so the Shaiya Community is really dispersed between many servers, there are even some servers which have less than 100-200 players; so i have the opinion of that we, at this moment, do not need any more servers, because at the end there will be hundreds and hundreds of servers with a really low population which could be on other servers which has been up for more time.

Hope that you can get in touch with some of them and discuss about this because i am sure that this will help a lot of servers if you decide to do it that way
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/19/2011, 03:38   #8

yeah, that is a good idea, I'm trying to think of who i could get in touch with, maybe the nemesis team? shaiya spirit possibly, hmmmm, shaiyaX maybe too, but idk, i would say the devs from divine, BUT, they ARE an EP4 server, which would ruin it for their supporters, maybe you could PM me a list of people you would advise i get in touch with? i dont really know the people of the dev community at all

« [Question] About Python | Issues with getting my pserver public. »