Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:53

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Patch Problem

Discussion on Patch Problem within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Patch Problem

Ok so last night i made a couple new patch's and uploaded them to my website well before i realized i already had a patch with that same name i had uploaded it now when i go to open the updater i get *Download Failed Profilec08* just wondering if anyone could help me fix this i tryed just going in and renaming the other patch's but that didn't seem to work still getting same download failed just post here if ya got any advice or can add me on skype at thesyn840
Old 06/26/2011, 17:35   #2

Yep totally a rookie move on my part if a moderator would like to remove would be fine fixed the problem myself and to anyone reading this yes the search feature does work and u can find basically ever question asked and answered there to anyone new to this forum like me will admit was my own fault got frustrated and posted before i used the search feature >.> and my problem was usiing wrong UpdateVersion.ini i was using this format

[Version]
CheckVersion=00
CurrentVersion=00
StartUpdate=UPDATE_END

Witch i thought was correct went through my backup folder and found this format

[Version]
CheckVersion=00
UpdaterVersion=00
PatchFileVersion=00

Then reuploaded my patch's with proper patch name's and uploaded this UpdateVersion.ini and i got the update's instead of *Download Failed Read Profilec08* if anyone wanted to let me know if that is the correct way would be greatly appreciated witch i think it was sense it worked but just wanna make sure again my own fault on jumping the gun and just starting a new thread instead of using the search feature sry for any inconvinence on my part Rookie Dev mistake won't happen again
Old 07/08/2011, 09:50   #3

Sorry i'm getting this error. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you
Old 07/08/2011, 10:07   #4

first need upload patch in binary mode.
two create patch in zip file and change extencion to . patch. and name psxxxx

example
ps0001.patch Compressed Zip Mode. and upload in binary mode.
Old 07/08/2011, 10:23   #5

? i used shaiya make, got the two data files, renamed them to update files then add to archive, made it zip and the file is called ps0057.patch. what do u mean by binary mode?,this problem happens whilst extracting if that helps
Old 07/18/2013, 07:59   #6

may be errors occur due to ports