Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:11

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[REQUEST] Full guid to making a Shaiya Private server

Discussion on [REQUEST] Full guid to making a Shaiya Private server within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[REQUEST] Full guid to making a Shaiya Private server

I would like a Developer who honestly wants to help the community to learn to make a shaiya private server to please make a COMPLETE guide to making a server not just the mainstream points. I have been for the past 6 months total been trying to make a Private server for myself strictly as a "Playground" and I have hit error after error when trying to make a server. I have only had 1 successful server tho I lost it when I had a HDD failure and the Developer who helped me make it never showed me how get past a step that kept that from working so when I tryed to recreate it I couldn't. Please don't Assume I haven't used the "SERACH" button or have set up sql wrong because I'm tired of hearing that. I've offered money for help before I've gotten help from Devs privately (who make things worse then help because they don't teach they only do or don't teach enough)

So PLEASE as someone who genuinly wants to learn to make a server make a guide that shows how to do so COMPLETELY not just some steps. I'm not asking for ingame changes like setting drops and what not, no only to get a server started.

P.S. For those of you who want to bad mouth my post please keep your BS to yourself.

FYI it is a TEST SERVER im trying to make
Old 04/13/2011, 01:53   #2

Received Thanks: 1,777
No bad mouthing only saying, we have guide to help you, and we have community members to help you too. Just post the errors and all that in the correct section and you will get help.
Old 04/13/2011, 02:26   #3

Actually, I'm standing where the OP is myself. Searching and searching and there is Nothing about what kind of server host to look for when trying to go public. I've had someone give me a list of 'hosts' they recommend, but when I go to them I don't know what to do, or what to look for.

Also, I've had someone help me as well, and they had to completely remove SQL from my system. However, they did not share the process as to how to do so. From what he did, it involved more than just hitting the 'uninstall' button.

I would like a guide, from start to finish, from setting up a server, to going public, to removing SQL... even including what kind of hosting to look for.
Old 04/13/2011, 04:22   #4

Received Thanks: 1,066
as for hosting goes..it comes down to personal choice really.
everyone has ups and downs with hosting services

sql is pretty straight forward when you install it, 2005 that is
theres 2 guides on how to install sql properly. thats pretty much the only hard part
setting up the server is pretty easy if you installed sql right
the reason we dont post tuts on how to get it public really is because(not to bash anyone)
we have enough servers already :/ and about half of them..the GMs dont know much.
besides commands and how to set up accounts in the db

most of the server stuff ive learned on my own
i would recommend before making something public..learn the ins and outs of it
explore on how to edit it
put time into creating your server..edit armors..edit mobs..custom spawns all that
thats what people like to look for (:
dont just put a few drops and say its the best server ever :/
Old 04/13/2011, 04:25   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrensik View Post
Also, I've had someone help me as well, and they had to completely remove SQL from my system. However, they did not share the process as to how to do so. From what he did, it involved more than just hitting the 'uninstall' button.
You need to restart your computer and open task manager - in your processes there are some that are jjdl.dll and other rubbish things like that that actually start up with your computer - you also need to completely uninstall anything you have opened with SQL, so in the steps where you are trying to get green arrows - you need to TURN OFF all of those processes because they will continually run until you uninstall them and disconnect them from SQL.

As far as guides go - the one by Z-signal and ProfNer are very comprehensive, more often than not the errors are with your operating system rather than with the guide or yourself, and if its not your OS then 9/10 of those other times its your firewall/port forewarding. Most of the people who create guides on here do care - if they didnt they wouldnt post them. If you post a compilement of the errors and copies of your errir logs when asking for help then bane/lph/shadow/profner/z-signal and other dev's are more than likely to try their best to help.

Useful tip: if you're running an OS that is a "Home and student edition" they tend to be overly annoying to use - most of the Dev's around find that using professional versions are much more reliable. But then again what do i know right lol.

Thanks for reading

Angel
Old 04/13/2011, 05:51   #6

Running Win7 Ultimate 32bit.

I do understand that running a Public Server is a lot more taxing than a test server on bandwidth, and that most, if not all, home ISP services are not powerful enough to host the game. In that case, I'm looking for a hosting service that is, preferably, not in North America. Unfortunately, when it comes to a host, I'm unsure as to what to look for. I do know Shaiya needs MSSQL 2005 Express, but beyond that... I'm clueless.

Edit: Also, yes Shadow, I do plan on doing exactly what you suggested before even sending out a client to friends. What's the point in being a GM if you can't even Rez a toon or Ban a player? (Yes, I'm new, but I plan on trying to learn from everyone else's mistakes. As well as take suggestions to heart.)
Old 04/13/2011, 06:31   #7

Received Thanks: 1,066
Quote:
Running Win7 Ultimate 32bit.

I do understand that running a Public Server is a lot more taxing than a test server on bandwidth, and that most, if not all, home ISP services are not powerful enough to host the game. In that case, I'm looking for a hosting service that is, preferably, not in North America. Unfortunately, when it comes to a host, I'm unsure as to what to look for. I do know Shaiya needs MSSQL 2005 Express, but beyond that... I'm clueless.

Edit: Also, yes Shadow, I do plan on doing exactly what you suggested before even sending out a client to friends. What's the point in being a GM if you can't even Rez a toon or Ban a player? (Yes, I'm new, but I plan on trying to learn from everyone else's mistakes. As well as take suggestions to heart.)
thats not fully true about a server
you can run it from home easily.
its just once you start getting more than 300 players a day on it..things start slowing down really bad :/
im not sure what to say about server hosts havent really had the time to go through different ones

as for what shaiya needs..really depends on how many players you have
your chat log/game log can fill up really fast and take up a lot of space
as well as accounts
so maybe about 500gb of hard drive space just to be safe? i doubt you will fill all that up though
id say a pretty good processor for the server speed
as well as at least 4gb of ram i would suggest more if possible
100mb internet connection
(anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong)

as for you getting to know gm things i can say it would be nice to have more pservers with people wanting to get to know everything BEFORE opening the server lol instead of wondering when a player asks like "can you res my toon?" gm responds "sec *goes off to epvpers "how do you res a toon?" lol
Old 04/13/2011, 11:12   #8

So far bane was the most helpful the rest of you somehow took into the fact I already have a "TEST SERVER" which is what I'm trying to accomplish in making. So the practice you speak of cant be done as I have no medium to practice from >.> perhaps I need to reword.
Old 04/13/2011, 14:39   #9

Sorry for Shanghaiing your thread, Otis. I do believe that was mostly directed at me. Though I also need help with getting a Test Server running on this comp.

If it is possible to run a server from home, then how to do so would be greatly appreciated. Is it mostly just making the client connect to the whatismyip IP? If so, then I might be able to figure it out.
Old 04/13/2011, 17:31   #10

Quote:
Sorry for Shanghaiing your thread, Otis. I do believe that was mostly directed at me. Though I also need help with getting a Test Server running on this comp.

If it is possible to run a server from home, then how to do so would be greatly appreciated. Is it mostly just making the client connect to the whatismyip IP? If so, then I might be able to figure it out.
It is possible. There are a couple things you ned to do to accomplish this

The first being under *:\SHAIYA_SERVER\SERVER\PSM_Client\Bin\Config
find ps_game.ini and change the GamePublicIP, i know posts mention different things to change but I honestly only changed this one and im running fine

Code:
[GAMEINFO]
GameName=game
GamePublicIP=127.0.0.1
GameVersion=0x08022100
GameLogDBID=1
Then you need to edit your game.exe (the client side) to match, there are a wealth of guides here that show you just search how to edit game.exe

Also if your behind a router youll have to forward some ports, you can do so under your routers configuration. I dont know how to on each specific brand but a little searching youll find Port Forwarding in the router config.

Code:
SQL - port 1433 - protocol - TCP
SQL - port 1433 - protocol - UDP 
login - port 30800 - protocol - TCP
game -port 30810 - protocol TCP
session - port 30900 - protocol TCP
userlog - port 30901 - protocol TCP
dbagent - port 30911 - protocol TCP
gamelog - port 30912 - protocol TCP
Psmagent - port 40900 - protocol TCP
connectionManager - port 1060 - protocol TCP
dbagent2 - port 1056 - protocol TCP
gamelog - port 1072 - protocol TCP
Do not change the ip in the psm server manager. It is glitched and an cause a headache, again my server manager still says 127.0.0.1, which is not my ip i used in ps_game.ini or game.exe, and it works.

Hope this helps
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/13/2011, 17:37   #11

Thank you. I will see if that works or not.
Old 04/13/2011, 18:21   #12

It should, if not go over and check your stuff out again to be double sure. I did that very same thing and my test server runs fine, and yes the rest of my team can connect as well from literally all over the world.
Old 04/13/2011, 19:20   #13

hmmm... my SMSE doesn't seem to be connecting properly, or something. Not sure what's wrong. I got to install the server, and it doesn't connect.
Old 04/13/2011, 22:35   #14

See thats interesting I know how to do all that, my issue is something underlining and unknown. I've followed every single tutorial to the letter on here and am still getting issues Im merely looking for someone who could trouble shoot my issues. I would trouble shoot but as I havent actually had a successful server made by me I don't have the knowledge base or access to anything to help me. That is why I posted this because if there are users who are willing to help where are they?
Old 04/14/2011, 08:50   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis_Spunks View Post
I would like a Developer who honestly wants to help the community to learn to make a shaiya private server to please make a COMPLETE guide to making a server not just the mainstream points. I have been for the past 6 months total been trying to make a Private server for myself strictly as a "Playground" and I have hit error after error when trying to make a server. I have only had 1 successful server tho I lost it when I had a HDD failure and the Developer who helped me make it never showed me how get past a step that kept that from working so when I tryed to recreate it I couldn't. Please don't Assume I haven't used the "SERACH" button or have set up sql wrong because I'm tired of hearing that. I've offered money for help before I've gotten help from Devs privately (who make things worse then help because they don't teach they only do or don't teach enough)

So PLEASE as someone who genuinly wants to learn to make a server make a guide that shows how to do so COMPLETELY not just some steps. I'm not asking for ingame changes like setting drops and what not, no only to get a server started.

P.S. For those of you who want to bad mouth my post please keep your BS to yourself.

FYI it is a TEST SERVER im trying to make

that is the best guide in here. 4.5 not 5 . but it's the only complete i have found. if you can't do that one your not doing it right. follow every move and you have a server 100%

remeber if you have vista/windows 7 to turn your UCA off

not to bad talk anyone but this is the only one and i think i have tried that all i do not have error with.. some missing files so you have to try and get from another one and so on. but omega have it all. just hope he comes out with the full ep5:-P

Tags
managment, private, server, shaiya, sql