Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[REQUEST] Need private help with errors I'm getting with setting up a Private Server

Discussion on [REQUEST] Need private help with errors I'm getting with setting up a Private Server within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[REQUEST] Need private help with errors I'm getting with setting up a Private Server

I have for the last 2 to 3 months now been searching endlessly on the epvp for answers to the errors I'm getting. I have set up sql 2005 CORRECTLY please don't ask if i happend to do it wrong, I'm tired of that question. I could set up sql in my sleep I've done it so many times. I've installed the server as well, and I can get all services online correctly no issue, I've also correctly changed the game.exe IP and the files in the psm_Client. My issue is when I launch the game and try to get in I cannot. From what I was told i needed to get into sql management studio and change the login and pass, so i promptly did so. When logging in with the user and pass and under server authentication i get an error message

This is the error in which i hit time after time. I haven't been exposed to very many successful server creations so my knowledge is limited to what is supplied on these forums and I have to say searching these forums is a pain (hence the 3 months of searching and trial and error after error) If there is anyone who genuinely wants to help then please do. I need PRIVATE HELP as stated in the heading not quick replys that will leave me hanging with no other assistance. I wan't to learn not to have the work done for me, I don't want to come back here for more answers because I didn't learn the first time.

And for all the developers I am only making this server as a learning tool so if you are hesitant to help because you don't want another Pserver stealing customers, you need not worry I am not out to make a commercial Pserver only to be apart of the Development community to eventually help others.

Gmail:

Thanks,
Otis Spunks
Old 04/08/2011, 06:01   #2

Sorry for your problem i truly dont know much with SQL, its my weak spot.
Do me a favor, read my sig.
Wrong Section. #Reported.
Old 04/08/2011, 06:43   #3

What are you? The forum police? You're getting relatively annoying at this point, stop already.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2011, 06:48   #4

Received Thanks: 1,066
He as a right to post that it is the wrong section because it is.
It's in the forum rules.
This is for releases ONLY
This section is here for a reason. To make it easy for people to find what they need and not have to search through spam topics and topics that aren't releases.
Old 04/08/2011, 06:51   #5

I understand that, but must he state so in every thread in the wrong section?
Old 04/08/2011, 07:22   #6

Received Thanks: 1,066
if he wants to
he has the right to
hes not doing anything wrong by it
hes just trying to help keep the forums clean is all
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/08/2011, 07:44   #7

I don't think anyone has a problem with the forums being clean.

What people may find annoying is the false sense of authority that some people seem to try to project when they call out other people's mistakes. I'm all for "if you didn't read, it's your fault", but the only thing that rivals a forum troll in annoyance is a regular who thinks he's a cop.

There's a difference between
"This is in the wrong section, according to *provide link to rules here*, this should be in this section so maybe you should request to have this thread moved. Good luck finding a solution to your problem"

and

"Wrong section, bye. #reported"

Notice how one is more welcoming and gives off a "we're happy to help, just be aware of the rules next time" impression while the other says something more like "you can't read gtfo till you learn."
All these police-esque responses serve to do is make the poster look silly, and imply that mistakes aren't tolerated and will not provide the mistake-doers with a resource that could help them to not repeat such an error.

No one said it's wrong, just that it's horridly annoying and a sure sign of trying too hard.
Old 04/08/2011, 12:58   #8

So delete it XD geez chill out guys.
I accidentally wrote this is wrong spot before i realized it.
Old 04/08/2011, 15:18   #9

I suggest you guys visit these sites and read the thread post, it helps.

Everybody who is signed up to elitepvpers can post anything.

And Santana, if i dont state in in every section and thread, what, just leave it alone?
I'd rather help. Sorry that you dont like the way i post but its a habit from being staff so much.
I will try to be more polite when i post that?
And Otis its just gona get moved to another section, not deleted or anything
Old 04/09/2011, 04:10   #10

so right section or not...:P

quick help for your problem

open your sql management with windows authentifizierung
then go to security --> login right click on it and new login
Sql server Authentifizierung ...

make your login name like shaiya and pw like shaiya123

Password Policy OFF !!!!!
then go on left side to Server Roles and add serveradmin and sysadmin

so safe.... and woooohoooo you get access !!
Old 04/09/2011, 04:18   #11

wrong section please move

and del the other **** :P
Old 04/09/2011, 04:43   #12

Received Thanks: 1,777
Wrong section....
Old 04/09/2011, 17:31   #13

Hello i could create your private server for you over teamview ive just finished mine and have overcome alot of problems on the way

Tags
ep5, error 233, private server, shaiya, sql 2005