Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Shaiya > Shaiya Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:22

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

New type of Shaiya

Discussion on New type of Shaiya within the Shaiya Private Server forum part of the Shaiya category.

Closed Thread

Old 03/22/2011, 13:07   #16

elite*gold: 0
You guys I guess don't know me but platform was being built because my company is designing games now. I have my own game Ascended coming out in 3 months. The platform was built to turn out games quickly. If anyone ever just went to my profile or one of my game sites would know this. So back to real topic the game.....This idea wasn't for any other purpose then to make a crazy epic server. I didn't plan for it to be a big money maker I'm producing two games already this year with a comic book, battle ready weapons, clothing line, and we trying now to get toy line which is all that is left. Just have a love for the pvp system and this could be huge if done right.
I am telling you this is no hack job it is all our build from scratch. I said I didn't make a client yet for this one due to the fact we need to see where it is going first. You want to know why I'm doing this just ask earth and get a real answer instead of writing something like you just did lol.
Most you new ps just stealing peoples stuff and have no idea what you are doing. There are like a hundred of them now it seems. I just feel why dont we make something that is semi open platform so this way the client has a stable environment to play in. As well someone can learn a little programming or framing gear ... I will work with a few now we will post up a YouTube video in a few weeks.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/22/2011, 14:10   #17

The idea / concept is amazing , hardworking yes , but the results would be overwhelming. My respect Master Tex
EarthCrush , its all in basic English bro ...
Thanks
2 Users
Old 03/22/2011, 14:24   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmBanHammer View Post
You guys I guess don't know me but platform was being built because my company is designing games now. I have my own game Ascended coming out in 3 months. The platform was built to turn out games quickly. If anyone ever just went to my profile or one of my game sites would know this. So back to real topic the game.....This idea wasn't for any other purpose then to make a crazy epic server. I didn't plan for it to be a big money maker I'm producing two games already this year with a comic book, battle ready weapons, clothing line, and we trying now to get toy line which is all that is left. Just have a love for the pvp system and this could be huge if done right.
I am telling you this is no hack job it is all our build from scratch. I said I didn't make a client yet for this one due to the fact we need to see where it is going first. You want to know why I'm doing this just ask earth and get a real answer instead of writing something like you just did lol.
Most you new ps just stealing peoples stuff and have no idea what you are doing. There are like a hundred of them now it seems. I just feel why dont we make something that is semi open platform so this way the client has a stable environment to play in. As well someone can learn a little programming or framing gear ... I will work with a few now we will post up a YouTube video in a few weeks.
While i agree with direct approaches, no one here is questioning your abilities. Just your means. We are very glad that you are making this server, we are just sceptical is all. We want you to think and have your head fully in it. I am glad to hear that you aren't into the server for the money, i'm so damned sick of people just maknig shaiya servers for the money of it all...... However, if you build it, they will come i guess. TYhere is money to be made in the business so i suppose that that is the reason these half-hearted servers come out. But, this is not about a half hearted server, and i am straying off topic here.

We do not want to criticise you in the wrong way, we jsut really want proof, we have been lied to before about this tuff, and its sad to say but we have the mentality of "fool me once" kind of deal. If you have 250 people on payroll then thats brilliant because you will need a team like that full of talented people who are willing and able to spend the time on it. But remember "a happy home is a relaxed one" the last thing we want is for the idea to go poof because someone is unhappy.

Personally, just because this is the first epvpers has heard of it, i would do a little more fishing in the pond. Ask for ideas, if you've been working for 9 months without asking for opinions of prospect players that makes me worry. Maybe setting up a poll and linking it to us here would be a good idea. Finding out what people want, like, real people, not jsut players, but developers too. Who knows, your staff may grow substantially with more talented people if you fish for other Dev's ideas. There is never a bad idea when it comes to making a server because that idea is what that persona searches for.

I'm not trying to undermind you or attack you in any way, Bane and the others will be the first to tell you that. We've actually been putting this under a lot of discussion ourselves. Not so much bane, he's ill the poor dear <3. But, we have been talking, we would like to give our input in a constructive manner and in a way that will benefit you. Who knows, maybe some of us have some great ideas that you may not have thought of.

In summation, i think it would be a great idea to have a poll on YOUR SITE or a suggestion thread dedicated to this. You may end up with thousands of suggestions and may only use one, but at least you got to improve it by that one suggestion. Please, link us here with that so we can constructively give you opinions because all we're seeing atm is an idea and we havn't ever seen u ask for actual player help, not from us. And not from prospecive players.

Sorry for the wall hun but i feel this diserves a lot of discussion. I know i don't speak for all the dev team, but i know there are others that agree within our group. We will discuss this, don't you worry ^.^

Thanks for reading hun <3

[GM]Angel

Proud to be a wall.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2011, 15:18   #19

No problem and by all means ask questions. I was really thinking that well most people I hope that make PS do it to learn the programming and to maybe some day run there own game. I have only 13 people in my company here I pay for out sourcing through a much larger company that has 250 people in which they take a % of all my profits. Now that part is cleared up a little Ill go to why I am wanting this guys. I want to be able to one maybe in time find new workers to expand myself and two give a legal platform in which people who really make PS to learn and not for the money can have the chance to learn gm coding in python and graphic editing with 3ds max and maya. I also am making now editors so that people with little knowledge but good ideas can attempt to create gear and weapons and as they obtain more knowledge can step away from the editor and try it with more complicated programs that can be used for a job somewhere. I do think this will make money make no mistake about that. All that are involved will receive a standard contract and pay so you who put the effort in will recieve rewards other then learning the how to do so to speak. I wish that this will be a new era of gamming you know one build for and by gammers. There is a lot of profit that can be made here by all and this isnt money driven like the game Ascended I am producing but I feel this has a huge potential. Open platform game to expand with the creativity of all is involved seems a bit exciting to me if it makes money or not. I am excited to see what happens and hope I learn from this as much as you all do.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2011, 17:41   #20

sounds very very nice
Old 03/22/2011, 22:02   #21

Sounds good.

a few crucial tips:

-dont favourite donators too much
-DO NOT reskin armors badly, in many cases i see the good ol' armors being COMPLETELLY ruined, u should add in 70 armors and make all sets (including goddess ones) same stats so ppl have a choice)
-don't make it TOO UBER. its annoying when people hit 60k+ hp. 40 should be max and people shouldn't hit over 4000-5000 with the most uber gears
-all players should have a chance to go into pvp&rock it
-make the XP rate high

goodluck btw, sounds very interesting.
Old 03/22/2011, 23:20   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthCrush View Post
lol, you can all hate if you want. But I have a feeling I'm the only one here that knows how to develop a product irl and release it.

Who is going to host it? You can't just take a bunch of servers and point them at each other.

In this type of environment you won’t be able to customize it at all, except for the UI (Just reskins). If you add any custom content and you go to linked pvp the other clients won't understand what they are seeing. All of the Saf's have to be the same. Think about OS, did any of the servers have content that the other servers didn't?

So, essentially each server is going to be exactly the same. What do you think is so great about pservers? We are able to customize it. We can make our own armors, weapons, mounts. We can have great ideas and make the game the way we want. We can be different from each other. In this system what is going to draw players to your realm? Each one will be required to be exactly the same.

Now, let's say you have three realms, with three different teams running it. Pservers are corrupt. Most of them are. What happens when a GM on one of the realms holds more special events for his players and they get all the uber gear, or if he just starts handing them out? They will pwn in the linked server.

So, I assume that Texas is going to micromanage each server to keep this from happening.

Do any of you know how to program assembly? I do. I understand how difficult it is. I couldn't even imagine trying to create my own graphics engine, like Texas is claiming. It would be much easier to create a new game in c++.

Look, I’m not trying to hate on Texas. It is a novel idea, but I’m trying to keep this real.

Instead of being a drone and nodding, think about it. Think about the problems. Think about the solutions. I've barely scratched the surface of all the issues.

@Texas, what do you have against line breaks?
ill explain the set up tonight when i have time but we have built our own games from scratch this is not hard for us
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/22/2011, 23:32   #23

Received Thanks: 1,777
You are all missing the point of what Texas is saying.

This game (it's own game) is not shaiya, and it is not trying to take alot of server's and link it. He is getting/ has go SOME respected shaiya devs to help run it.

Now on the subject of his own game, for some time he has been working on that aswell, i know this personally because i work for him. o.o

hope this clears it up..
Old 03/22/2011, 23:59   #24

It's not it's "own game," it is still Shaiya. No matter how much you customize it or make it to what you think is a brand new game.

Yes, SonoV can still legally come after you if they so desire, you are still using their concept. Just because you think change so much of it; recoding and what not that it's now yours? No. It is still SonoV's.

All I see is an idea that would never come to see the light of day, with one too many problems to even begin on. If you want you're own game, go make it. Don't sit here and act like revamping Shaiya is making it a new game.
Old 03/23/2011, 00:08   #25

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina. View Post
It's not it's "own game," it is still Shaiya. No matter how much you customize it or make it to what you think is a brand new game.

Yes, SonoV can still legally come after you if they so desire, you are still using their concept. Just because you think change so much of it; recoding and what not that it's now yours? No. It is still SonoV's.

All I see is an idea that would never come to see the light of day, with one too many problems to even begin on. If you want you're own game, go make it. Don't sit here and act like revamping Shaiya is making it a new game.
He's not talking about using anything from Shaiya, nothing at all, he's thinking of basing it on the same idea. Making it similar to it, not using the same programming, or server files or anything. He's talking about making a game like it with the same idea, except more thought.
Old 03/23/2011, 00:13   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriezOMG View Post
He's talking about making a game like it with the same idea, except more thought.
Same idea huh? Same idea still makes it Shaiya, only a ripoff version of it.
Old 03/23/2011, 00:15   #27

Received Thanks: 1,777
@ Katrina
Look here, Texas has been my boss for awhile, this is it's own game, it has his own GAME and platform. What you are saying if makeing a new game, with it's own stuff, and it's own code.

No nothing, no gear, code, or anything...so if ChoiRock can sue us for makeing something from scratch..then ya...ok tell blizzard that ChoiRock is about to be knocking on there..so yes please stop with all this nonsense.

It's a new game with pvp style like shaiya...like the DPS and damage system...
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/23/2011, 00:17   #28

elite*gold: 100
Received Thanks: 1,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina. View Post
Same idea huh? Same idea still makes it Shaiya, only a ripoff version of it.
Runes of Magic has the same idea of WoW, every MMORPG game out there have the same idea of other games, the quick skill bar is used in almost all MMORPG's, so I suppose all games are just ripoff's of the very first MMORPG created. Please download brain.exe, you seem to be in desperate need.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 03/23/2011, 01:00   #29

Ok sorry about that lets see here some Q&A

1. Again new game ( Indie Source license provides with access to the C++ source to the 3D Client, enabling modifications of the core 3D functionality and operation of the graphics engine.

2.It will be semi-open ( I will allow some to have login to learn how to write in GM commands as well as using 3ds Max and Maya (we are devoping a customised wiModel Editor).

As far as game is concerned this is what we have in mind so far.

We have multiple server system we where thinking to have each faction ran by there own gm s to make sure there is plenty of support for game.

All factions will have restictions to make sure that it is = for all factions ( same amount of things given out through events )

When more come in we will allow new classes in each faction so that it can expand. ( we will have GM s for these as well or a GS system)

There is a both a PvP in each faction and a linked PvP for all factions to battle with events there and special things like weapons ...

This is just a expandable system that we want many to try to make new graphics for game to make a better game. As well we will look at new programming and .....

I wish to give more info but we are trying to make this a gammers game meaning we need all input to apply to new game.

For the 9 mo we work where to design this system to produce games. The game will still take a few months to get it to beta. I would say 3-5 to be safe and once we agree on the factions we will design the mapping system and post vids to show you here from youtube. Each faction will have unique maps and quest.

Sorry for any missunderstandings but again I will answer any question that I can but we still in early process of game idea and concept.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 04/13/2011, 03:03   #30

[QUOTE=GmBanHammer;9736992]Ok sorry about that lets see here some Q&A

I have looked at your site and played on Unity. I will be patiently waiting to see your work.
Closed Thread