Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Runescape
You last visited: Today at 12:05

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Tut] Guide to RSBOT! [Tut]/What is an RSBot.

Discussion on [Tut] Guide to RSBOT! [Tut]/What is an RSBot. within the Runescape forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Tut] Guide to RSBOT! [Tut]/What is an RSBot.

* 1.0 - Introduction
* 2.0 - How to download and update RSBot
* 3.0 - How to run RSBot
* 4.0 - How to add scripts to RSBot
* 5.0 - How to fix JDK/tools.jar errors

1. --INTRODUCTION--

Hi there,
I've decided to make a sort of guide on RSBOT because alot of people have been complaining about problems etc. on here, and I'm out to stop it.

--WHAT IS RSBOT?--

RSbot, written by Speljohan and maintained by several others, is a macro for RuneScape. It is written in Java and is a very well made program (or I think). There are quite a few scripts that can be used and many different things can be gained from using RSbot. Levels, a skillcape or money. Rsbot can get you all of these things.

--WHY RSBOT?--

Mainly because of: a) It's free. b) It's minimizeable (which means you can minimize it to your taskbar and do something else while it auto's)

That was a pretty awful quick introduction to RSBOT, but on a serious note, this bot really is incredible, and if used properly, can make your gaming experience a load more enjoyable.

2. --How to downlaod and update RSBot--

So my introduction ACTUALLY worked?!
Haha, so now your thinking, well how do I get it? There are 3 ways, but I will only be covering one, as it is so much more reliable/easy.

First you will need to downlaod the bot. You can download the bot from (click were it says "here").
After you have downloaded the bot open it.

Now if the bot is outdated then you should get a message like this :

If an update has been released it should like this :

After or when you get this message click "ok" and wait for the bot to download the new bot
and for it to restart with the new bot. This all happens automaticlly. If delete the old bot or something
then the process of the up date will be disturbed. So just wait patiently until it is full up dated.
(It may take up to 5 minutes).

3. How to run RSbot

Open up your RSbot.jar, and it should start loading.

First thing's first, you need to put an account to use into the bot. Don't worry, this isn't a keylogger or anything.
Go to Edit --> Accounts -->Add account:

Once there, hit add, type in your username and password, and then hit apply. You should then see your account name in the box. Then close the account manager.

Once you've done all of that, go to run script, in the top right hand corner of rsbot.

Once you've done that, you should get this pop up:

These are the scripts that come pre-packed with the bot. They are pretty useful. To run a script, simply click on the folder's and such till you get to a script. Some scripts have arguments. These basically tell the bot what to do. If a script has arguments, and you don't know what they are, do not use it, as it will not work. If you want to find the arguments, go onto the forums (rsbot.org) and see if you can find them. Most scripts have tooltips, or boxes that you can check which make it nice and easy.

If your botting, and want to stop, you can either hit the "pause" button in the top right hand corner, or you can go file --> stop script.

If you want to click on something while a bot is running, make sure the box next to the "User Input" tab is GREEN, not RED.

4. --How to add your own scripts--

Okay, here we go, adding your own scripts section! This was done by Jacmob on rsbot.org, and I have simply quoted his post from his thread + edited it slighty, so credits to him.

Adding scripts is so incredibly basic if you know what your doing, but for some people, it just doesn't work if you know what I mean. So, this bit of the guide is for those who just can't get it.

1) Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest JDK SE from (JDK 6 Update 16). If you are running a relatively new computer, it might be running 64-bit windows rather than the typical 32-bit version. In this case you must select "Windows x64" rather than "Windows" when downloading the JDK. If you are not sure which version of Windows you have, you can easily find out using the following guide: 2) Open up RSBot (the .jar file that you have downloaded from rsbot.org) if you have not done so before. If you have opened it before, then you do not have to open it up again (although you can if you want to), simply make sure that you have opened it AT LEAST ONCE since you downloaded it.

3) RSBot will have created some folders for you in your Documents folder. Open up "Documents" ("My Documents" on Windows XP) and open up the folder "RSBot". Within here you will see a folder called "Scripts".

4) Download the script you want and as save it into the scripts folder. Here is how to do so:

Some scripters will give you a link to the script, which you can click on to download it. In this case, as long as you download the ".java" file, you simply have to move it into the "Scripts" folder in your "RSBot" folder. Otherwise, if the code itself is posted on the forums, you need to copy it all and paste it into a new Notepad document (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad). Near the top of all that code (below all the lines that start with 'import') you will see the words 'public class xxxxx extends Script'. The xxxxx will be the name of the script. Save the file as xxxxx.java (this is case sensitive!).

Open your text document, and paste the script.
The next bit is very important, so read it carefully.
Now on your script, you should see that the first couple of lines begin with import. Ignore this, and go to where it stops saying import. It should then say:

PHP Code:
Code:

public class [
scriptname here
You would save the script above as (script name here).java

5) Go back to your "RSBot" folder and click "Compile-Scripts". This will convert all your scripts into .class files (which RSBot will be able to load in). If you pasted the script correctly, you will now see that the script has been added when you go to File > Run Script. There is no need to restart RSBot, as the scripts will be loaded in every time you do File > Run Script.

If you paste a script in incorrectly, then RSBot will not load in some of your other scripts. If this happens delete the .java file and try again or contact the author of the script.

You should be good to go now, and able to add any script you want. However, if you are having problems, perhaps the following section of answers to frequently asked questions will help you out.

FAQs

1) When I compile I get the following:

PHP Code:
Code:

Notescripts\GlobalChopAndDrop.java uses or overides a deprecated API.
NoteRecompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details 
Answer:You can ignore any lines with 'Note:' at the beginning. This is just a note to scripters. This file has compiled fine. Some scripts will give these notes, most will not.

2) When I compile I get the following:

PHP Code:
Code:

Scripts\GlobalChopAndDrop.java:284reached end of file while parsing

^

1 error 

Answer:You have not copied the script correctly. Make sure you copy everything. You have probably missed out a '}' at the end of the script.

3) When I compile I get the following:

PHP Code:
Code:

Path file does not existPlease run RSBot and try again

Answer: Open up RSBot (the .jar) and compile again.

5. --How to fix tools.jar/JKD errors--

*Note, this is the actual solution from RsBot's site.

Alright, Ive been asked a million times from people on here and from friends who use the bot and they all ask the same questions about the tools.jar error or the JDK error. Here is a tutorial to fix all those problems! *Pictures for the steps will be before each step.*

Step 1. Download JDK from here:

Use the second option, Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 Update 18.
It will download through the Java Download Manager, and once its finished run the installer.

Step 2. Now that you have it all installed, your going to have to set the variables.
Click Start and right click on My Computer, then hit properties.
Click the Advanced tab (1.) and hit Environment Variables (2.)

Step 3. You should see 2 boxes now, User variables and System variables.
Look through the System variables list and find classpath.
Click on it and hit Edit, then highlight the value and delete it and paste
the following: CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin;%CLASSPATH%;

If you do not have it click new and type in classpath for variable name, and for the value type in the following: CLASSPATH=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin;%CLASSPATH%;
You can then click OK.

Then in that same list, find Path. Click it and hit Edit, and highlight the variable and delete it, then paste the following: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin;

If you do not have Path, hit New, put Path for variable name, and paste the following for value: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_10\bin;

Then hit OK, and OK again on the bigger window.

Step 4. Run the compile all.bat in your RSbot folder, and there ya go, your scripts will compile.

*****IF YOU USE ANY OTHER VERSION OF JDK, YOU HAVE TO REPLACE THE 6.0_10 IN THE VALUES WITH YOUR VERSION (Ex. 6.0_05.) YOU CAN FIND YOUR VERSION BY GOING TO: C:\Program Files\Java\. THE VERSION IS THE NUMBERS ON THE FOLDER NAME (Ex.jdk1.6.0_06.)*****

If you have any more problems simply post here!
Old 09/29/2010, 00:11   #2

elite*gold: 40
#Closed
Dont need a copy
Old 09/29/2010, 07:22   #3

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerble93 View Post
#Closed
Dont need a copy
why a copy ? It´s by me O.o
Old 09/29/2010, 22:51   #4