Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Runescape
You last visited: Today at 11:26

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

[How To] Make Full Screen for F2P's!

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
[How To] Make Full Screen for F2P's!

Fullscreen for F2P Players! (RMV ADS!)

Hey guys, and thanks for reading this.
There will be NO need to download any strafe or untrusted web content in this guide. Let's get started:

With the new update of resizable windows for all players, you can now get wide screens for free-players!
But wait, there is that annoying advert box that takes up room..
Well have no fear F2P'ers, all you have to do is follow these few steps!
Here is a way to get the Members' Exclusive FullScreen for Free worlds!

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
There are two ways to follow this guide, and that depends on the browser you're using.
There is the FireFox version (recommended) or the Internet Explorer version (unrecommended)

FireFox Method (Recomended)

If you havn't already, you will need to get Mozilla Firefox, the most trusted web-browser on the Internet.
Over 6 million users use it, and it is the safest and fastest internet browser there is.

Once you've done that, you will need to get a mozilla firefox add-on extension: Greasemonkey.
Greasemonkey is developed by Mozilla, the creators of Firefox SO IT IS COMPLETELY SAFE!

What greasemonkey does is that it lets users edit web pages using javascript add-ons.

Download Grease Monkey here!

Once you've got Greasemonkey, you have to download my JavaScript. THIS IS 100% SAFE! Don't worry one bit.

>> Download Greasemonkey JavaScript here. <<

On UserScripts.org, you will see my script menu. Simply click the 'Install this Script' button and a Greasemonkey menu will pop up. Click 'Install'. THis should only take a second.

Once that's completed, the Greasemonkey little icon should appear to say "This script has succesfully installed".

Your done! Now go to RuneScape, high detail, F2P world, and now there shouldn't be any advert box ontop! Well done, you've got fullscreen!

If you want the screen to go completely fullscreen, all you have to do is go to
"View -> Fullscreen (F11)" and you should have a completely fullscreen!

If you wish to uninstall my script or manage other scripts you've downloaded,
go to "Tools -> Greasemonkey -> Manage User Scripts" and you can uninstall user scripts there.

Thanks, and enjoy RuneScape in FullScreen for ALL F2P Worlds!

PLEASE RATE & COMMENT!

FAQ:

Q: I downloaded everything you told me to, but the advert box is still there!
A: Maybe you accidently disabled Greasemonkey. Simply go to Tools -> Greasemonkey -> Enabled. Make sure Enabled is ticked!

A: Make sure you have everything upto date.
To Update Mozilla FireFox: Go to "Help -> Check for Updates"
To Update Greasemonkey: Go to "Tools -> Add-Ons -> Extensions -> Find Updates

Q: Is this legal?
A: Yes and No. No in terms that it directly violates Jagex RuneScape rules. Yes as it is our web!

Q: I don't like this, how do I uninstall Greasemonkey and Firefox?
A: All you gotta to is go to 'Tools -> Add-ons -> *select extension* -> Uninstall'. This will uninstall Greasemonkey.
A: To uninstall Mozilla, go to 'Start -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs (or Uninstall a Program for Vista users) and select Firefox.

Q: How can I trust you? And that JavaScript File?
A: Well, this may be my first post, and if you wish to do create your own script, be my guest.
To Create your own script: Anywhere on your computer, make a new Notepad document. Copy the contents below in the code box and save the file as "something.js" the js at the end is VERY important! If you don't do that, the script wont work. Make sure you save it as *All Files*. Now go to userscripts.org and create an account. Upload your script and install it. there you have it.

Script Version History: (Last Updated: 11/9/09)

1.3 - Added anti-ad preloader. Stops ad's running in the background to enhance performance.
1.2 - Added better description and tweaked 'include url' to include ALL worlds.
1.1 - Fixed 'include url' to world*.runescape.com from *.runescape.com - credits to JoeSimmons
1.0 - Released

Internet Explorer Method: HIGHLY UNRECCOMENDED

Quote:
[QUOTE]If you havn't already gotten Internet Explorer, click here. (Internet explorer is almost always preloaded in Windows Operating Systems)

Trixie is to Internet Explorer as Greasemonkey is to Firefox. It lets you remix the Web via scripts. You may do this to either make it more readable, fix bugs or to even add little features to make the site more usable to you. Trixie by itself does none of this. It is just a plugin for Internet Explorer that enables executing chunks of JavaScript code and thus lets you use the Web the way you want to use it.[/QUOUTE]

Installing Trixie

Trixie requires the Microsoft .NET framework to be installed.

By default, Trixie installs in your Program Files\Bhelpuri\Trixie directory (you can of course change this location). It also installs a few scripts to the Program Files\Bhelpuri\Trixie\Scripts directory.

Restart IE after installing Trixie. Once you have restarted, go to the Tools menu. You should see a menu item called "Trixie Options". Selecting that will show you the list of scripts installed and which one's are enabled or disabled.

Once you have installed Trixie, you browse the Web just like you always do. Trixie works in the background executing the scripts on the designated pages and customizing them to your needs.
Installing a new script

To install a new script, download the script into the Scripts directory under the Trixie installation folder. By default, this is at Program Files\Bhelpuri\Trixie\Scripts. Then, go to the Tools menu and select "Trixie Options" (Alt-T, X). This will show the Trixie Options dialog where you can click on the "Reload Scripts" button and select Ok. This will load your new script and enable it. Note that unlike Greasemonkey where the metadata section is optional, Trixie requires a metadata section in the script.
1. So basically, download Trixie here:
2. Download my UserScript here to the desktop:
3. Copy the Userscript to the trixie Directory e.g "Files\Bhelpuri\Trixie"
4. Restart IE7
5. Play RuneScape ad-free!

MfG °Soranya°

Quelle: Scorchy. Even if, it's really different.

Please live a thanks for °Soranya°

Thanks
7 Users
Old   #2

elite*gold: 0
Can you add how to use this on vista, cause my goes blackscreen and close down firefox or IE, when i use it

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
Can you add how to use this on vista, cause my goes blackscreen and close down firefox or IE, when i use it
I have Vista, and it doesn't gives a Blackscreen.
Try one more and tell me, if it doesn't works.
MfG
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #4

I will

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
I will
Np
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

this helped me a LOT!!! wow i can play in full screen now... thank you so much SORANYA!!!
Old   #7

elite*gold: 40
#closed
no grave digging

Closed Thread