Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 08:28

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Dev's Corner

Discussion on Dev's Corner within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Dev's Corner

Thought about a thread where devs can post their ideas/work that they wanna either just show off, or ask for input/feedback on.
Hopefuly I won't be the only one posting here

For few days I've been working on a Guild Challenge system, where a guild can challenge another guild for a battle.
If the opponent guild master agrees for the battle, both teams will have arround 5 minutes to register up to 5 players (+ GM) for their team.
After the time expires or they send ".ready" command they will be teleported to Survival Arena.
The battle is concluded either by a full team elimination or if the maximum time expires - then the winner with most kill points will be proclaimed a winner.

So far what I managed to achieve is, challenging/accepting, registering players, battle arena teleport.
What I have left to do is killl points system + some sort of rejoining option after disconnection.

Post your stuff, let's make this dead scene a little more alive xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/21/2017, 22:35   #2

Rohan devs are a group of folks that are pretty closed when it comes to sharing ideas. There's a few reasons for that.

The 1st is that devs have a low tolerance for criticism about what they feel is their great ideas. It is akin to laying your ***** on a chopping block and praying that nobody takes a whack at it with a hatchet.

The 2nd is that devs dislike putting their ideas out there and having others put those ideas into their servers. Not only do they never get any kind of recognition for the idea, but more often than it it was one of the guys chopping at their ***** in the 1st reason above.

The 3rd of course is that if the devs are intending to create a server, they may want to implement that idea themselves without interference from the community here. In this case they will announce their ideas when it has been put into testing and ready for players to mess with it.

Because Rohan is a closed (black-box) server type, the number of devs working on one of them, is pretty low. They don't like other devs looking over their shoulder. When there is an open source server like an emulator there is often a dozen or more devs working on it so open sharing of ideas if usually encouraged and promoted.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/21/2017, 22:46   #3

Well I am pretty open minded when it comes to suggestions/feedback, so I'm okay with showing what I have if it helps me somehow eventually.
Also I doubt anyone currently working on any rohan stuff is gonna copy the stuff I post, but fair point sometimes it's better to keep things for yourself.

Though coming to this forum only to read drama and copycat generic server announcements seems wayyy too boring, then there might be something to look at i n the end, I suppose.

btw it would be really fun to start an emulator project one day (i'm personally not skilled enough yet) ;D
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/21/2017, 22:53   #4

Your sentiment is a good one and in the right kind of server development it would be a real asset. It is a real shame that most devs doing black-box servers were not as open with their ideas as teams working on emulators based on open source server engines.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/22/2017, 00:35   #5

Not a dev but I have an idea about skill modification. Instead of having two jobs for the secondary job of each class, you'll only get one. The way you build you character according to stats and skills will determine your role. Example below is my idea of human's skill tree. (Edited thru MSPaint only)

I deleted some of the skills that I think are not that important. I even arranged the skills accordingly so that everytime you'll get a skill, the next skill will be most likely to be related to the first one. Noticed that I also changed the hero 2 skill. Because for me, increasing the effect of the skill (just the percentage), means also increasing its overall effect. Imagine the skill would be increased to drop in opponent's attack speed by 80%. That would give a huge advantage to the human class when battling with other classes that relies on basic attack.

Max skill points with this type of skill tree should be 109-114. To make the players think carefully what skills should they choose and what build should they make. With this type of skill tree, you can go full hitter/full support/semi support+semi hitter.
Old 09/22/2017, 14:03   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyancallo View Post
Not a dev but I have an idea about skill modification. Instead of having two jobs for the secondary job of each class, you'll only get one. The way you build you character according to stats and skills will determine your role. Example below is my idea of human's skill tree. (Edited thru MSPaint only)

I deleted some of the skills that I think are not that important. I even arranged the skills accordingly so that everytime you'll get a skill, the next skill will be most likely to be related to the first one. Noticed that I also changed the hero 2 skill. Because for me, increasing the effect of the skill (just the percentage), means also increasing its overall effect. Imagine the skill would be increased to drop in opponent's attack speed by 80%. That would give a huge advantage to the human class when battling with other classes that relies on basic attack.

Max skill points with this type of skill tree should be 109-114. To make the players think carefully what skills should they choose and what build should they make. With this type of skill tree, you can go full hitter/full support/semi support+semi hitter.
Nice Idea , i can made this happen 100%
But long a time ago there is a server that open both JOB
I forget the server name
Well they literally open the 2 job for 1 character
and then close not so long after , they made it just for fun
Thanks
2 Users
Old 09/22/2017, 14:08   #7

elite*gold: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadpurba View Post
Nice Idea , i can made this happen 100%
But long a time ago there is a server that open both JOB
I forget the server name
Well they literally open the 2 job for 1 character
and then close not so long after , they made it just for fun
It was a Test Server from Dreto and me some Time ago to see if People like the Idea.
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/22/2017, 19:14   #8

I think it is Yolo that has done something similar. However I think they still maintain 2 secondary jobs, but open up all of the skill regardless of your level. Not sure I am crazy about that kind of silliness. Lvl 51 players with full heroic lvl 5, Equality and saint strike lvl 7 is kinda idiotic imho @.@
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2017, 10:32   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieyancallo View Post

changing skill positions is easy.. I really liked the idea that the @ had some time ago was the best in modifying the Skill tab
Thanks
1 User
Old 09/23/2017, 19:09   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by oziel235 View Post
changing skill positions is easy.. I really liked the idea that the @ had some time ago was the best in modifying the Skill tab
The challenging part of that is to think what skills to switch or what should be done to the skills in order to at least help the gameplay of the game.
Old 09/26/2017, 02:40   #11

Hey guys! What can you say about Origin's new update, Transcendance? Do you think you can apply it to your servers? I mean not exactly but same concept, additional stat points every Transcendance.