Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 11:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Why did you like it?

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why did you like it?

I have been playing rohan for about 9 years now, I've played many pservers but have never tried xor. I see it come up a lot in these forums. I have a lot of friends who played xor, I am just trying to understand from others why was it liked so much? What about the game attracted people? A lot of the servers these days can never get it right but xor did something. Whatever it was kept it running and had an active player base from what i see in the videos.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #2

elite*gold: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMia View Post
I have been playing rohan for about 9 years now, I've played many pservers but have never tried xor. I see it come up a lot in these forums. I have a lot of friends who played xor, I am just trying to understand from others why was it liked so much? What about the game attracted people? A lot of the servers these days can never get it right but xor did something. Whatever it was kept it running and had an active player base from what i see in the videos.
It was the first PServer that's why.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Very interesting thread. I am also curious about it.
Old   #4

Xor was the first and only well-run p-server at the time, which drew lots of people from YNK's greed and obviously Epic/Upgraded weapons and other ridiculous pay2win items. Many saw it as a fresh start.

Unfortunately DeadlyData spend all the money he earned on smoking weed and bought a fancy car, and the rest on hiring IDDQD aka HuninHune to develop the server. IDDQD and other unreliable mods sold OP shiet for real money, some mods spawned selected bosses for some people in the shadows, and the Indo Mod duped flame diamonds, and sold it as well. A flaw was also found in the forging system, where people could start forging weapons over and over, to give them ridiculous stats.

Eventually the server ended up being a server of speed-hacking viets and indos, full of flame diamonds, and full of bugged weapons.

Rumour: DeadlyData had a kid, and didn't want to face legal risks keeping the server open, and it died a miserable but deserving death. Despite being an absolutely great server in its prime.

The End.

Thanks
1 User
Old   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitoYuuki View Post
It was the first PServer that's why.
^ this ^
Old   #6

The timing, I guess. Most people are tired of the sh*tty-Pay2Win-YNK Rohan that time. Everyone's been waiting for the private server to come up. Then it happened. It's like a miracle.
Old   #7

That's why URohan was the best after xor ...and there's no better yet