Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 03:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The ideal server

Discussion on The ideal server within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
The ideal server

So I see a lot of copycats making the same servers over and over again. Lv120, Hero III, OP non-fun servers.

Can someone make a Global Rohan Open beta style server? (inb4 do it yourself, I dont have the time or knowledge to do so.)

I personally think the most server would contain the following:

- Lv99 max
- R1-R5, feathers being the best boss drops
- No Glacials, OP boss drops (Flame diamonds, bez eyes, rulers)
- No fire temple
- No Ronelia
- No Hero content
- No fusion pets
- No Almighty scrolls
- Vanilla open beta style
- Blunt mastery buffable with staff. "WHY?", you ask.
>debuffs hurt a lot more, takes longer for a templar to get back into it
>dark eyes wont increase your melee after buffing
>empower will boost your melee less during pvp

- No giants (debatable), but no CtB will limit Templars buffing as well
- No crafting. "WHY?", you ask.
>better balance
>evasion is actually relevant
>hybrid builds more relevant
If crafting should exist or not should be debatable, but preferrably capping the rings at 51s or something should be ideal in my opinion.

Inb4 "PLAY Old Rohan!", No. I don't like how they changed skills, and kept a lot of the Hero content. I think the game was far better balanced and more fun back in Open Beta around 2009.
Even if templars could pound out 2k hits, they still had roughly 12k hp, which isnt that hard to deal with.

Also, the list of Item Mall stuff needed to max out wasnt more than a 30+ all stat talisman, Lv7s and a costume. I actually liked when you could only wear a costume OR a hat instead of both.

Input welcome.
Old 05/16/2016, 19:03   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Hitagi View Post
So I see a lot of copycats making the same servers over and over again. Lv120, Hero III, OP non-fun servers.

Can someone make a Global Rohan Open beta style server? (inb4 do it yourself, I dont have the time or knowledge to do so.)

- Lv99 max
- No fire temple
- No Ronelia
- No Hero content
- No fusion pets
- No Almighty scrolls

>better balance
If crafting should exist or not should be debatable, but preferrably capping the rings at 51s or something should be ideal in my opinion.

Inb4 "PLAY Old Rohan!", No. I don't like how they changed skills, and kept a lot of the Hero content. I think the game was far better balanced and more fun back in Open Beta around 2009.
Even if templars could pound out 2k hits, they still had roughly 12k hp, which isnt that hard to deal with.

Also, the list of Item Mall stuff needed to max out wasnt more than a 30+ all stat talisman, Lv7s and a costume. I actually liked when you could only wear a costume OR a hat instead of both.

Input welcome.

Well Sir , you must be pro templar player
Old 05/16/2016, 19:08   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lantingdewa View Post
Well Sir , you must be pro templar player
I actually prefer playing agi dhan. I never liked bosshunting, so I never found much fun in playing temp.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/16/2016, 19:11   #4

PLAY Old Rohan!
Old 05/17/2016, 00:06   #5

the most boring and dull ideal I ever heard- a mediocrity at its peak. Just like your deviant picture.
-Kiddo the best ranger on all servers (especially old rohan)
Old 05/17/2016, 08:25   #6

All cuul, but blunt buffing with staff cmon men this is just dumb lol. Also no blazing temple ;o? The more maps the more fun, but I agree there shouldnt be ronelia never liked that fkin map D:
Old 05/20/2016, 15:28   #7

Blunt with staff=op you could just have it where they dont get the staff.
I like the other ideas.

But i dont agree with the oldrohan thing.
I found it crazy how they revamped the lower tier pvp classes and made them viable in pvp.

Warlock, zerkers (outside of CTB), savage (outside of buff stealing), predator (converted to have the ability to be a group pvper like wiz).

In terms of balance it think they're doing better than any tbh. Even better than irohan obt start.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/20/2016, 15:47   #8

Old 05/20/2016, 18:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrosa View Post
Blunt with staff=op you could just have it where they dont get the staff.
I like the other ideas.

But i dont agree with the oldrohan thing.
I found it crazy how they revamped the lower tier pvp classes and made them viable in pvp.

Warlock, zerkers (outside of CTB), savage (outside of buff stealing), predator (converted to have the ability to be a group pvper like wiz).

In terms of balance it think they're doing better than any tbh. Even better than irohan obt start.
Buffing with staff will only be OP with OP rings. Without bez, flames, rulers, or glacials, templars wont pass 3k hits. Rohan will never be perfectly balanced, because classes are different and have different uses. You can't expect Wizards to be equal to templars in terms of damage, because they are entirely different for example. Wizards are supportive classes in pvp, while templars are dps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoBreakingPoint View Post
All cuul, but blunt buffing with staff cmon men this is just dumb lol. Also no blazing temple ;o? The more maps the more fun, but I agree there shouldnt be ronelia never liked that fkin map D:
What would the point of Blazing temple be without the OP drops it provides? The idea is to remove Flame diamonds and other OP items, because it wont break the game as hard, or make corrupt GMs that much of a problem. If the server is less dependent on OP items, and more on individual skill and teamplay, the game will be more fun. However if you want Blazing temple for grinding/farming and for the +15 all stat talisman, Im totally on board with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barabase View Post
the most boring and dull ideal I ever heard- a mediocrity at its peak. Just like your deviant picture.
Go back to your wkwkwkwk indo OP items server fam.

Ps. my avatar is stronk.
Old 05/20/2016, 19:32   #10

Quote:
Go back to your wkwkwkwk indo OP items server fam.
There is no OPness on OldRohan, neither am I an indo.
Old 05/20/2016, 22:01   #11

Quote:
What would the point of Blazing temple be without the OP drops it provides? The idea is to remove Flame diamonds and other OP items, because it wont break the game as hard, or make corrupt GMs that much of a problem. If the server is less dependent on OP items, and more on individual skill and teamplay, the game will be more fun. However if you want Blazing temple for grinding/farming and for the +15 all stat talisman, Im totally on board with that.
Lol on old rates we made 3 flame diamonds for 6 months, trust me we won 90% of the bosses for thise 7 months. Xor rohan had 2 crimson boots for 1 year, we had 7 boots for 6 months. 300 relics (4h farm with 3 chars on follow) and 10% chance to get phoenix feather is pretty much a challenge m8. I don't really think this is necessary, I mean if temp players get 4 silva feather they will be bored af, they always need something OP to work their *** for it.
Old 05/20/2016, 22:15   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfRohan View Post
There is no OPness on OldRohan, neither am I an indo.
metinks he directed that to barabase.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/20/2016, 22:35   #13

Yea but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barabase View Post
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/21/2016, 01:01   #14

That didn't come across as a dig at O.R. to me.

Quote:

- Lv99 max
- No fire temple
- No Ronelia
- No Hero content
- No fusion pets
- No Almighty scrolls

>better balance

Input welcome.
Good luck finding that.

Here's the thing. The O.B.->2009 server and client code are long gone and dead. Not only that they were so full of bugs that it was impossible to make it work right and frankly not worth trying to.

Anything you there promising to be a non-hero, max 99 server is nothing more than a hacked down hero server. You are gonna get hero/crafting/giants/no-staff-blunt -buff crap in it whether you want it or not.

That's just the way it is. Nobody is willing to take the time and effort to create a server that appeals only to a minority of Rohan pserver players. It has been promised and tried over and over, and over again yet look around you. It has NEVER been delivered - not since 2012 or so. There is no such thing and nobody wants to go to the effort/expense of making it.

Sure go ahead and keep wishing for it, but the wishes of half a dozen or so players won't entice anybody to make one.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/21/2016, 14:57   #15

maybe this server is what you looking for