Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 21:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

SQL problems

Discussion on SQL problems within the Rohan forum part of the MMORPGs category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
SQL problems

Hi guys i need some help connecting to sql server 2014.
I use this guide for lvl 99 rohan server.
According to the guide you have to change
Quote:
C:\xampp\htdocs\RohanAuth\include\dbconn.php
ServerName = your computer name
uid = sa
pwd = your mssql pass
My question is: Do I have to modify the IP to my external IP or to my internal one? Since I`m gonna use this server on the same machine where I plan to use my client.
Also, on the server machine I will connect local to my SQL server. When I configure the files for "pwd" should I put my SQL password or leave it blank since i`m connected to the server machine and use the client on the same machine?

My SQL log are

Old 03/29/2015, 18:19   #2

I have the same problem hope someone will help us
Old 03/29/2015, 19:05   #3

Now I face the following problem
Old 03/29/2015, 20:24   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sariusmt View Post

My question is: Do I have to modify the IP to my external IP or to my internal one? Since I`m gonna use this server on the same machine where I plan to use my client.
Also, on the server machine I will connect local to my SQL server. When I configure the files for "pwd" should I put my SQL password or leave it blank since i`m connected to the server machine and use the client on the same machine?

My SQL log are

server name = your computer name
uid = sa
pwd = ur mssql password

open cmd, type ipconfig then enter. use ur IPv4 ip for localhost. change the ip on dbserver, regedit and xampp.
Thanks
1 User
Old 03/29/2015, 21:35   #5

Or just use 127.0.0.1
Old 03/31/2015, 20:50   #6

Ok so now SQL seems to be working fine but AI server won`t start, at least it won`t show on my desktop and MapID says "Can`t connect to DB server".
LogServer logs show server started but again it won`t stay on my screen. Any advices?

Ok so i also get this
Old 04/01/2015, 03:28   #7

you need to do to fix your problem.
Old 04/01/2015, 08:14   #8

Quote:

My SQL log are

First of all that's really wrong you dont use your computer name you use the SQL server name for the rohan server (SQL can use more then 1 server for multiple game's) The sa is the default username for the database (Witch i recomend you change) next comes the password that you set for the new user.(If you installed the SQL without setting an Simple Account (SA) then you will have to create one.
Old 04/01/2015, 12:21   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
First of all that's really wrong you dont use your computer name you use the SQL server name for the rohan server (SQL can use more then 1 server for multiple game's) The sa is the default username for the database (Witch i recomend you change) next comes the password that you set for the new user.(If you installed the SQL without setting an Simple Account (SA) then you will have to create one.
If i remember right I did add my current PC username to SQL when I installed the SQL server.
Regarding the use of SQL server and not my computer name, I edited the registry to use my computer name .
I did set up a password for my SQL account like it`s listed in the registry.
Old 04/01/2015, 12:35   #10

Quote:
If i remember right I did add my current PC username to SQL when I installed the SQL server.
Regarding the use of SQL server and not my computer name, I edited the registry to use my computer name .
I did set up a password for my SQL account like it`s listed in the registry.
K im gonna give you an advice here STOP dooing any kind of rohan server you wana do right now if you cant even figure out what's the SQL server name and what's your pc name then im pretty sure noone arround here will even try to help you. As for the password it has nothing to do with the registry.
Old 04/01/2015, 14:57   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
K im gonna give you an advice here STOP dooing any kind of rohan server you wana do right now if you cant even figure out what's the SQL server name and what's your pc name then im pretty sure noone arround here will even try to help you. As for the password it has nothing to do with the registry.
Dreto, I do appreciate the criticism, constructive or otherwise. I won`t stop cuz that`s how I learn new things. As I said I`m looking at this server as a personal project. I`m pretty sure it will take me some time to figure things out. It`s not in my nature to give up when things won`t work. When you said server name I asume you were refering to MSSQLSERVER. Anyway, thanks for the tip.
Old 04/01/2015, 15:41   #12

try to read all posts (maybe from pages 1 to 20 only) on senzoku thread at another forum. what you want to know and your problems has been explained there. but i believe you need some hard reading all of them. no offense, if you cant start your server after that then I would suggest the same thing as what dreto said. This is just the beginning, you will find a bigger problems later. trust me
Old 06/25/2015, 10:14   #13

may i humbly ask for help in setting up a local rohan server..i managed to make xampp running..do i need the mysql running too?..dbserver opens but it closes instantly..please help
Old 06/25/2015, 14:50   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daingnabangus View Post
may i humbly ask for help in setting up a local rohan server..i managed to make xampp running..do i need the mysql running too?..dbserver opens but it closes instantly..please help
This forum is full of answers for every kind of issues. Go make an effort and search for yourself, if you're really interested in succeeding.
Old 06/25/2015, 15:37   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by daingnabangus View Post

tbh all you have to do is import db and double check every IP address settings and it should work just fine.