Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 09:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

how Ync stop your server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Thumbs down how Ync stop your server

So guys here is the letter i've recived when all my patches were deleted by Ynk , name of a staff from Ynk is "Steve Lee" (im not planning to stop my server) My server isnt "down" we are having long maintenance thats all :

This letter is official notification under the provisions of Section 512ⓒ of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to effect removal of the above-reported infringements. I request that you immediately issue a cancellation message as specified in RFC 1036 for the specified postings and prevent the infringer, who is identified by its web address, from posting the infringing content to your servers in future. Please be advised that the law requires you, as a service provider, to “expeditiously remove or disable access to” the infringing content upon receipt of this notice. Non-compliance may result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA.

I have good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of here is not authorized by me, the copyright holder, or the law. The information provided here is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I swear under penalty of perjury that I am the copyright holder.

I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed

Please send me, at the address noted below, a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter.
you may check official one at (rohan.playrohan.com)

Sincerely,
Steve
Playwith Interactive Inc. (former YNK Interactive Inc.)
Legal Department
Mad Ynk

Old   #2

elite*gold: 33
The Black Market: 100/0/2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyZer0 View Post
So guys here is the letter i've recived when all my patches were deleted by Ynk , name of a staff from Ynk is "Steve Lee" (im not planning to stop my server) My server isnt "down" we are having long maintenance thats all :

This letter is official notification under the provisions of Section 512ⓒ of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) to effect removal of the above-reported infringements. I request that you immediately issue a cancellation message as specified in RFC 1036 for the specified postings and prevent the infringer, who is identified by its web address, from posting the infringing content to your servers in future. Please be advised that the law requires you, as a service provider, to “expeditiously remove or disable access to” the infringing content upon receipt of this notice. Non-compliance may result in a loss of immunity for liability under the DMCA.

I have good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of here is not authorized by me, the copyright holder, or the law. The information provided here is accurate to the best of my knowledge. I swear under penalty of perjury that I am the copyright holder.

I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that is allegedly infringed

Please send me, at the address noted below, a prompt response indicating the actions you have taken to resolve this matter.
you may check official one at (rohan.playrohan.com)

Sincerely,
Steve
Playwith Interactive Inc. (former YNK Interactive Inc.)
Legal Department
Mad Ynk
I know that
They made the same on BWG.
Buy an small Webserver & put the Patches on it or make a simple Thor Patcher or use IRohan Loader ^^

Thanks
1 User
Old   #3

Without a warrant they cant prove you did anything wrong and as they say liability law is in your favour try to use the switsland website to upload your files/contents or simply a private hosting company.

DMCA is an American law that applies to hosts in the United States only. However, many countries including the Netherlands have their own way of dealing with copyright infringement on the internet.I would also not recomend a host from Spain / Germany / Portugal.Rest should be fine.
Thanks
2 Users
Old   #4

it is a dmca takedown notice. works surprisingly well for those servers that don't ignore them like mega. if you are on an offshore server, you get to choose shutting down or risk further legal actions by Steve & his lawyers. If you are dumb enough to have your stuff on a server that respects dmca, you get shutdown until you can send in a DMCA putback notice.

fyi: Steve Lee is COO (Chief Operations Officer) of PlayWith Interactive. PlayWith Interactive is PlayWith's American division in Irvine California.

Old   #5

That's just bla bla ...
Countless times I received these types of email trying to put fear.
Old   #6

Its funny how they waste money and resources making/taking legal actions rather than fixing their game and offering better services to costumers. Pfft fail PWI
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbnwarior View Post
Its funny how they waste money and resources making/taking legal actions rather than fixing their game and offering better services to costumers. Pfft fail PWI
It's not that huge of an expense. No lawyers involved. I'm sure Steve's admin assistant has a DMCA takedown form in a template she simply fills in a domain name and fires off to the ISP. Takes them a grand total of 30 seconds to do that.

Thing is Stevie doesn't even have to prove his accusations. all he has to do is 'suspect' something on your site is his. Sure you have every right to say he is full of **** and send the same isp a DMCA takedown counter claim (a 'putback'). The ISP has 10 days to comply. From that point on it is on Stevie that you have something on your site that belongs to him.

Be advised though that if you file a DMCA takedown counter claim, you will have to identify yourself. No fake names and no 'handles' will do. If Steve feels at that point you are lying, he has grounds got follow through with legal action against you personally and THAT can get real messy.
Old   #8

So, If your not gonna take your server down is there a possibility that Steve lee will come to you one day and arrest you just because your running a rohan private server? even not hosted in USA.
Old   #9

in the USA your server gets taken down. period. you don't get a say unless you issue that counter & get it put back up. to issue the counter, you have to identity yourself. once you do that, steve has you by the short & curlys.

if you are offshore and the company hosting you does not itself handle dmca, then ignore it. steve will have to go thru a lot of expense to do anything about it. just realize that he can if he decides to make an example of you.

imho Rohan is a dead duck. the official server is sliding downhill hard as they totally hose the playability and gear up to their own Rohan 2. once that happens they won't give a **** about the original Rohan. I wouldn't be surprised to see the final release server files leaked before they kill it.
Old   #10

lot of talking about stevee lool
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyZer0 View Post
lot of talking about stevee lool
well, yeah. look at the topic :/
Old   #12

fck Steve, **** YNK
We still way better then this Retards from YNK ^^ (WE = Rohan PServers or DEV's whatever)
Old   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dr.SheldonLeeCooper View Post
fck Steve, **** YNK
We still way better then this Retards from YNK ^^ (WE = Rohan PServers or DEV's whatever)
no, you suck xd
Old   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHaiBai View Post
no, you suck xd
And you suck my *****
Old   #15

omg there is a whole lot of sucking going on

if it is not steve lee sending out dmca takedowns it would be somebody else in playwith/ynk sending them out. it really doesn't matter who there does it.