Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 14:29

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

~ Release VMware 99 Rohan Files ~

Old   #31

elite*gold: 0
he was complaining bout mega

Old   #32

Dont worry if they delete the files , i will upload them on my personal website, i am just too busy now to do this

You said it works on win XP ?But how does it works if SQL server cant install on win xp, i just tried it dont runs on win XP

Will thise files work on win 8.1 ?Answer:nah getting an error

Old   #33

Not accusing the OP, but anyone else getting AV threat warnings?

AVAST is displaying numerous infected files, typically "VBS: Dropper" for htmls and "Win32:RmnDrp" for exes/dlls (might just be AVAST/false alarms).

Yes I've done a full scan of the PC, nothing else is detected.

Have you tried the free SQL version from MS instead of the Ent/Std edt - idk if it works on XP tho but it does work with Rohan.

Cheers
Old   #34

Right.

AV scanners are as a matter of course going to freak out over rohan server files simply by the hacked nature of them.

Norton even freaked out over the release compiled application I wrote from scratch in C# to modify Rohan sqlserver database tables. Idiotic thing kept flagging it as high risk and deleting it.

At the end of the day, If you are smart you install these in a VM and run them there.

Old   #35

Yes I know that, I'm just asking, nothing more. Decompression bomb is normal with the clients, this tho complained a lot. I don't need the files and happy to delete.

As for Norton freaking out, well you wrote the code :-P (I'm j/k). Forget C#, I've had to deal with literal hexadecimal programming. Those were the bad old days :-)
Cheers
Old   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedKnight View Post
As for Norton freaking out, well you wrote the code :-P (I'm j/k). Forget C#, I've had to deal with literal hexadecimal programming. Those were the bad old days :-)
Cheers
Ooooo dem's fightin words

C# is fine for doing simple Q & D utilities.
A lot faster than dropping down to asm or hex. Couldn't be bothered to do that anymore. And I don't have enough patience even to write them in C or C++. C# and Java is good for getting silly little utilities done fast.

Oh, I can swap horror stories with the hex machine coding (or worse the binary machine coding). I've been at this stuff for about 30 years now give or take a year.
Old   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Ooooo dem's fightin words

C# is fine for doing simple Q & D utilities.
A lot faster than dropping down to asm or hex. Couldn't be bothered to do that anymore. And I don't have enough patience even to write them in C or C++. C# and Java is good for getting silly little utilities done fast.

Oh, I can swap horror stories with the hex machine coding (or worse the binary machine coding). I've been at this stuff for about 30 years now give or take a year.
Fighting? Lol heck no, I was just teasing/grinning.
Oh definitely use the right tool for the job.
30 years - yeah not too far from that.

Cheers
Old   #38

He meant 130 years. He is that old after all.
Old   #39

Link dead again xD
Alright time to upload the **** files on my website, so Ynk can kiss my ***

Link:
Old   #40

elite*gold: 110
So any progress girls n guys ?
Maybe wanna share with the class :-)

PS: i still think u guys should run 2 servers, 1 lvl 110 and 1 lvl 99..
Please all the pre-hero guys begging for lvl 99 cap and please all the Hero guys begging for lvl110..
Having 2 servers just makes sure that you get EVERY rohan player playing on your server :-D

Best of both worlds <3

PS again: Christmas launch event plox !!
hehe
Old   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milocinia View Post
Y'know, I met Jesus once.

True story. Jesus (pronounced "Heysoos") DeSousa - we took a systems analysis class together at one of the local universities...
Old   #42

Since my website host is too slow, gonna think for a better place where i can upload the files, but for now you will have to wait till you can download the files

Well, everythime i try to start it:SQL Server does not exist or access denied

ConnectionOpen (Connect()). DBTask_Unknown(0x00000000) 5
Old   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milocinia View Post
Making fun of a fellow countryman? Cheeky ****** xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Bandit View Post
Y'know, I met Jesus once.

True story. Jesus (pronounced "Heysoos") DeSousa - we took a systems analysis class together at one of the local universities...
I can vouch for the prounication - tho my involvement with a similar named individual was for business reasons.

Stop spending time making fun of me & get back to your server you two, lol. After all, time & tide wait for no man or to paraphrase Shakespeare in C:
#define QUESTION bb || !bb

busternr, sounds like a permissions issue or it's not configured correctly (wrong IPs/ports etc):
- very vague memory (I'm old remember lol) that the thread PJ is quoting also had diff registrys. U might wanna read that thread.
- also check your SQL perms for "sa", can't remember if you can login with it by default.

Cheers guys
Old   #44

Thanks buddy, but what did you mean with "check sql perms for sa" ?And i have written 127.0.0.1 as IP, so it cant be wrong, can it ?
Old   #45

Idk if loopback works but I guess it should do.

Triple check everything because it seems like a config issue - as said either wrong ip/ports or its a permissions issue.

Check all registry entries that have accts in them (in particular for "sa") and have the correct username/pswd.

It might vary upon which SQL version being used but:
1. Check what authentication mode is used (Mixed or SQL). You could try mixed.
2. Check that "sa" is allowed to connect to the db - check the db permissions itself.
3. Not to insult but make sure you can you actually connect to the db using the SQL Mgmt tool (definitely with "sa", might need "administrator" too). Try Mixed & SQL modes. If you can, implies a game config issue.