Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 07:24

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Some Tips for Developers on New Server

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Some Tips for Developers on New Server

Here is some tips make a great server that I think make rohan great game and long time playable:

1. Make LvL cap at lvl 90 (not even 99) The less lvl cap the more different type of skill build people have to make. It means with same class you have to make some wise decisions to make your own unique class.

2. Dont add Ronelia, New Map, Elemental Dungeon and other ***** make rohan worse. Rohan is already huge, no need to scatter it more. The less the area the more pvp gonna happen and it become more fun to play. Thats also mean R5 is the higher boss in game so no more op class.

3. Remove crafting and Make some changes exting boss drops like R3 , R4 and even low lvl mobs

4. Dont be greedy, Just add better pvp scrolls (like 20% , 30%), some good costumes and lvl 7 stones to IM. Also provide some good in-game items too. Items like Unique and rare pres stone add on in-game while opt stones and ancient pres should be added to item mall

5. Make SES drop chance better and have better chance of success.

6. No need to make exp and drop 35x 40x....people really like these number but they dont like it in real, there is no fun in getting 110 in 1 week or 3 days and it also decrease the playable value of game...Just make it twice or thrice faster than int-Rohan

Thats all...if you can do that , trust me people gonna stick to game. I am writing these point after having countless arguing with my friends when we left rohan years ago...If you think some of my points are pointless then let me know and I will describe them thoroughly.

I was playing Rohan since it started on 2008 and left it when it become 1 hit game and valueless for people who believe in game-play.

Old   #2

Thanks for the tips.

One thing I will say is that DG struggled with medium rates because many indos and viets only wanted to play high rate servers. Unfortunately servers do need to attract these people to get population numbers up high.

Old   #3

3. 4. i dont agree rest are fine but removing craft wont benefit server cuz alot of people spend time on crafting gear the only problem are the boss rings one of my best idea's so far was make boss rings have a timer like Last 1 Week or 3 days this way noone will get ovp and also people would go for permament + craft rings.About scrolls they just unbalance the game i would say 10% scrolls on Game 20% scrolls on IM and no 30% or 40% also scrolls made on a way that benefit every class you can for example make 1 scroll that gives 3 effects or 2 effects like mage scroll double click it and get 10% bonus magic attack 10% bonus magic def and 10 % bonus mana.
Old   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun View Post
Here is some tips make a great server that I think make rohan great game and long time playable:

1. Make LvL cap at lvl 90 (not even 99) The less lvl cap the more different type of skill build people have to make. It means with same class you have to make some wise decisions to make your own unique class.

2. Dont add Ronelia, New Map, Elemental Dungeon and other shits make rohan worse. Rohan is already huge, no need to scatter it more. The less the area the more pvp gonna happen and it become more fun to play. Thats also mean R5 is the higher boss in game so no more op class.

3. Remove crafting and Make some changes exting boss drops like R3 , R4 and even low lvl mobs

4. Dont be greedy, Just add better pvp scrolls (like 20% , 30%), some good costumes and lvl 7 stones to IM. Also provide some good in-game items too. Items like Unique and rare pres stone add on in-game while opt stones and ancient pres should be added to item mall

6. No need to make exp and drop 35x 40x....people really like these number but they dont like it in real, there is no fun in getting 110 in 1 week or 3 days and it also decrease the playable value of game...Just make it twice or thrice faster than int-Rohan

Thats all...if you can do that , trust me people gonna stick to game. I am writing these point after having countless arguing with my friends when we left rohan years ago...If you think some of my points are pointless then let me know and I will describe them thoroughly.

I was playing Rohan since it started on 2008 and left it when it become 1 hit game and valueless for people who believe in game-play.

1. Level 99 cap is perfectly fine, people had/have unique builds with this level but once crafted rings were released unique builds went out the window and glass cannons became the in thing.

2. Depending on how popular the server is you need extra space so players arent packed on top of each other constantly. Yes sometimes it causes for more pvp but it also means your going to bring people into a fight for a spot/area who dont want to do anything but farm up peacefully and thats really not fair nor fun.

3. Crafting is a touchy subject with alot of old school players so I wont really speak on it but all boss drops could use a reworking to reduce some of the pure attack and try to balance out pvp some.

4. I agree the donation panel shouldnt be jammed full of damn near everything available in the db and having a good amount of items in game helps all players and the economy of the server, also remove 30/40% scrolls all together as well as a few of them completely.

5. That depends on the server drop rates and as for having a better success rate theres pretty much only 10 and 50% stones coded unless you add custom ones. Each server does there own thing.

6. Again each server has its own ideas on what players want but majority of players now a days only want to play the high rate servers cause they want instant reward and gratification. Only the true die hards who enjoy the game as a whole are willing to play the servers such as you refer to ( I being one, and I also use that theory in my server's )

All in all not a bad list of suggestions but everyone has a personal opinion of what they feel will work the best for them, and sadly majority of people are just out to make a quick buck and try to get rich with little effort at all.

Old   #5

Incognito made some very good points there.

To be honest a level 99 cap is perfectly fine. I think level 90 is too restrictive when it comes to some builds. A lot of classes will lose out if they lost 9 SP.

Gratt is a particular hate of mine and if the newer maps were put in I would rather leave it out. The main problem with much of the newer maps is that the areas are almost identical for drops and mob levels so the key is separating these out and making the areas more distinct.

The main issue with crafting (apart from some balancing problems with templars) is the gathering aspect. However the gear itself offers a lot of opportunities for players to create some varied gear. If this was incorporated into standard and boss drops, it could make a welcome change to the system.

Too much paytowin stuff on the IM. I hate big scrolls and OP costumes/accessories. These should never be offered on the IM.

It's all about getting the balance right for rates. If they're too low then you'll only get a handful of hardcore players and no matter how "good" your server may be, if the population isn't there they will eventually leave. What is clear is that people want to get into the endgame content sooner rather than later. What devs must then do is get in more new endgame content. It's just a case of seen it all before, don't want to do it all again and I can't blame players for that. It's all about expanding things beyond that.
Old   #6

For costumes you can make quests that reward 3 costumes and they chose one like i did on one of the servers arround here make them gather 3k stones or idk 3k misc item's and then finish quest or make them kill 4 bosses to get 1 costume :P. There are a ton of idea's that could improve the game but people got used of getting 300 ses 300 aes at begin and costume and mount and gear and monkey and etc in fact they played xor that offered nothing at the being that's why i dont agree to the idea of giving them anything at the begin or only a limit of 1 scroll 1 party scroll and 1 costume nothing else but when they log in and see there is no gear they will simply quit.
Old   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipapun View Post

2. Dont add Ronelia, New Map, Elemental Dungeon and other shits make rohan worse. Rohan is already huge, no need to scatter it more. The less the area the more pvp gonna happen and it become more fun to play. Thats also mean R5 is the higher boss in game so no more op class.

1. erm no leave it at 99
2. Those maps dont really matter nor do i care add them if you want or dont.
3. I agree with crafting. Remove that shit from the face of galaxy...please.
4. I agree with this one as well.
5. Either make SES high percent with rare drop or high drops with rare perfect of success.
6. Erm no i dont agree with this. Nobodys likes to level so while in close beta test out your exp and actually listen to your players about the exp rate to either increase or decrease...

P.S: To be honest i don't really care about anything else just remove crafting. If you remove crafting I AM IN.
Old   #8

One idea we're going to talk about is keeping the crafting gear but instead of manufacturing and gathering it'll be used and improved in different ways.

It has potential but not in its current format.
Old   #9

Make it so that people can forge Misc item's (Preservation item's Ses / Aes with % Talismans , job change scroll, Elemental dungeon Ticket reset time) if need help i can help you or tell your dev how to do it if he dosent know allready.Or make random box item's and set them there also tradble boxes so people can trade them for random gifts and set them like low medium high etc.
Old   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DretoNEX View Post
if need help i can help you or tell your dev how to do it.
Dreto, we know.
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milocinia View Post
One idea we're going to talk about is keeping the crafting gear but instead of manufacturing and gathering it'll be used and improved in different ways.

It has potential but not in its current format.
Explain "improved in different ways." what do u mean by that? i think the crafted armors/weps should only be there for looks and should match the same stats as end game gears.
Old   #12

I can't say too much at the moment but all the pre-endgame armour and weapons will be removed and reconfigured to be better than endgame forged. There will be no gathering or production levelling required and all the ingredients will be obtained by farming, minibosses and bosses. There will also be an upgrade path to the gear which I think everyone will enjoy and it will be fully accessible to everyone regardless of how powerful your guild is or how greedy the guild leader.
Old   #13

Removing the crafting level requirements, interesting idea there guys.
I'm personally working on skills and the amount of testing required to reach that perfect number or % is daunting lol.
All in a good days work though and its fun to me to see how much change a small decrease can bring to certain skills.
Old   #14

Took me ages to get some skills right on DG. Always a little change at a time and you'll be fine.
Old   #15

Yeah ..and I still one hit on my DK on your server ....Remember 'Epic' :P

and Agi dhan's are really op on your server