Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Rohan
You last visited: Today at 10:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

New Equipment Tier

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
New Equipment Tier

Some players might not know (the "devs" will) but implementing a new equipment tier is technically easy for weapons but not for armour because of the way everything works.

So for any of you dev-ish types I bring you the first "proof of concept" of full armour set switching brought to you by Ishtaria, Darkestkiller, Yurneroo and DG Rohan.

That might not look as significant as it actually is. Ask yourself, why has no-one implemented a proper new tier before?

Discussions please

Old   #2

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.
This is some interesting **** I found some time ago.
Penetration might help with balancing a lot of classes that can't deal dmg in pvp due to everyone having a lot of defenses, of course we have this pure attack which on the other hand is ridiculously stupid on e.g. templars.

Old   #3

Those stats from the heroic stuff on iRohan are a bit weird. Right now it's an additional layer over something that already isn't balanced and it bothers me a lot, especially when iRohan and most of the 2-bit servers out there have no concept of balance.

I would love to see the new parameters in use but there's still so much to do in the standard game

Everything was great right up until Ronelia was added don't you agree?
(minus the staff buffing bug with our mate blunty)

But even then el bluntio was created for the game at that time and from then on its intended ceiling was breached and the stat overflow and double, triple, quad, penta, hexa or whatever dipping you want to call it, was bust wide open.
Old   #4

looks good kinda geting into the rohan mood maybe i start to play again hopefully you give some tips like always on guardian xD

Old   #5

Oh no I have to be neutral these days It's kind of why where I go guards don't receive a boost because guards are actually one of the most balanced classes in iRohan.

Guards are your "sword and board" class (along with defs and their mace and board) but either side of that it's split. Defs go more towards the tankier and guards more spike damage dealer. It's hard to make defs more aggressive and guards more defensive than what they should be.

But hey at DG we're trying to do everything we can to make Rohan viable for all. I can't say that we can blur the line between def and guard but that we will try and balance everything we can.
Thanks
1 User
Old   #6

well i had on xor only defender and you were giving me tips,you also mentioned to go guardian good times
Old   #7

You must register and activate your account in order to view images.

Building a set of wings for the armour. I have to say it's looking rather epic.
Old   #8

Um, really nice and simple way to amplify an private server...

I'd say as long as you have the right tools, you can pretty much do anything
Old   #9

Yeah it's taken a long time to get the tools created. Half of the problem was knowing where to look but even then we needed to figure out what exactly we needed to do.

Even more difficult is figuring out how to get in a new tier without imbalancing everything and where the items should drop, changes to the mobs and so on.

We're up for the challenge though
Old   #10

yea add penetration so templars would wipe other classes even easier.\
P.S why would u add that stuff unless u change it 103 dmg to ancient weapon is just bullshit
Old   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoka95 View Post
yea add penetration so templars would wipe other classes even easier.\
P.S why would u add that stuff unless u change it 103 dmg to ancient weapon is just bullshit
templars basically deal true damage? this screen was shot at irohan btw.
Old   #12

templars not doing true dmg if u get enough hight pd and dd u will see if it was "true dmg" it wouldnt affect from dd and pd like ffs.dffs.wffs etc
Old   #13

find the key word